Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Did the keyboardist in Bon Jovi record a song with Pantera?

Go down 
+5
James B.
A Handful of Wayne
MetalRob331
Fat Freddy
fingers
9 posters
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

Did the keyboardist in Bon Jovi record a song with Pantera? Empty
PostSubject: Did the keyboardist in Bon Jovi record a song with Pantera?   Did the keyboardist in Bon Jovi record a song with Pantera? Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 12:54 pm

I heard rumours the keyboardist from Bon Jovi recorded keyboards for the song "In Over my Head" which is on Projects of the Jungle Pantera's 2nd independent album

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Did the keyboardist in Bon Jovi record a song with Pantera?   Did the keyboardist in Bon Jovi record a song with Pantera? Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 1:34 pm

If he did, he doesn't bother to mention it in the "discography" on his official web site:
http://www.davidbryan.com/disc.asp

Interesting that he did music for the B-Movie "Netherworld" though. Viva Full Moon Studios!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Did the keyboardist in Bon Jovi record a song with Pantera?   Did the keyboardist in Bon Jovi record a song with Pantera? Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 2:22 pm

God I love that song, can't help but here some Whitesnake, Def Leppard, and Foreigner in there..

As far as the rumors go I have no idea...
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Did the keyboardist in Bon Jovi record a song with Pantera?   Did the keyboardist in Bon Jovi record a song with Pantera? Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 2:47 pm

lol imagine them doing this stuff live with phil anselmo after they played Walk? That would be something to laugh about.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

PostSubject: Re: Did the keyboardist in Bon Jovi record a song with Pantera?   Did the keyboardist in Bon Jovi record a song with Pantera? Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 3:16 pm

I don't know for sure if Terry Glaze played keys in the studio in Pantego, but I do know for sure that he played the keys live when they did that song.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Did the keyboardist in Bon Jovi record a song with Pantera?   Did the keyboardist in Bon Jovi record a song with Pantera? Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 3:35 pm

I doubt that is David Bryan, when those early Pantera records where being recorded, the band Bon Jovi was in the processing of becoming one of the biggest bands of the 80's, and at that time I doubt Pantera had money to hire any musicians for studio sessions.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Did the keyboardist in Bon Jovi record a song with Pantera?   Did the keyboardist in Bon Jovi record a song with Pantera? Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 11:05 pm

manny wrote:
I doubt that is David Bryan, when those early Pantera records where being recorded, the band Bon Jovi was in the processing of becoming one of the biggest bands of the 80's, and at that time I doubt Pantera had money to hire any musicians for studio sessions.

True.

Unless they were friends, which i doubt... He was way too busy to be hanging with a garage band in Texas.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Did the keyboardist in Bon Jovi record a song with Pantera?   Did the keyboardist in Bon Jovi record a song with Pantera? Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 11:07 pm

Quote :
I heard rumours

Rumours are usually wrong.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Did the keyboardist in Bon Jovi record a song with Pantera?   Did the keyboardist in Bon Jovi record a song with Pantera? Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:07 pm

Troublezone wrote:
manny wrote:

True.

Unless they were friends, which i doubt... He was way too busy to be hanging with a garage band in Texas.

They were far more than a garage band. By then they were playing at Six Flags in Arlington to thousands. Not to mention filling up the Bronco Bowl on a monthly, sometimes bi-monthly basis and all the clubs in Texas, Oklahoma, and other regional circuits.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Did the keyboardist in Bon Jovi record a song with Pantera?   Did the keyboardist in Bon Jovi record a song with Pantera? Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 11:21 pm

Wish Vinnie would re-release those albums.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Did the keyboardist in Bon Jovi record a song with Pantera?   Did the keyboardist in Bon Jovi record a song with Pantera? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 9:38 am

Eyesore wrote:

me too, just have vinyl copies. It is strange how folks pay so much for bootleg copies on cd ?

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Did the keyboardist in Bon Jovi record a song with Pantera?   Did the keyboardist in Bon Jovi record a song with Pantera? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 4:34 pm

James B. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

me too, just have vinyl copies. It is strange how folks pay so much for bootleg copies on cd ?

I paid $10 an album($40) for my cd bootlegs and found for free the original mix of Cowboys From Hell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did the keyboardist in Bon Jovi record a song with Pantera?   Did the keyboardist in Bon Jovi record a song with Pantera? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did the keyboardist in Bon Jovi record a song with Pantera?
Page 1 of 1