Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Testament - The Gathering

Go down 
+16
Mortuary
EvyMetal
bgast1
Temple of Blood
MetalRob331
mc666
Thrasher73
caniplaywithmadness?
TheGooch
DallasBlack
Invader
Smindas
KissinMaiden
Troublezone
GrandNational
INVADERS
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Testament - The Gathering - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Gathering   Testament - The Gathering - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 8:16 pm

Add me to the list of those who like it but doesn't think it's their best album.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Gathering   Testament - The Gathering - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 8:23 pm

loved it, but i loved all the testament albums listening to music

looking forward to their newest, god i hate waiting
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Testament - The Gathering   Testament - The Gathering - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 2:03 pm

Another day, another thread...

I know there is a strong thrash contigent here mates so what is your opinion on this Testament album? I think it is probably their heaviest album to date and certainly the most aggressive. It's not as melodic as their middle records and not as oldschool as their first couple but I think it really rules. Lombardo does an amazing job behind the kit - his double bass runs are probably the best in metal (or compared to say Scott Travis). The guitar is heavy as a ton of bricks and the tracks are strangely infectious ("True Believer" or that "oooooh" section in "3 Days In Darkness").

I love it personally - what about you?

Standout tracks would include - of course: "D.N.R.", "True Believer", "Legions Of The Dead", "Fall Of Sipledome" and "Down For Life".
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Gathering   Testament - The Gathering - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 2:07 pm

it's my favorite Testament album. perfect combination of their thrash & death styles. having Lombardo sure as hell didn't hurt them either.

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Gathering   Testament - The Gathering - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 2:30 pm

Its my favorite latter day Testament album.Great songs and playing on this.Of course Lombardo makes everything better.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Gathering   Testament - The Gathering - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 4:00 pm

Best album by Testament hands down IMO. Top 3 thrash album ever for me as well...
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Gathering   Testament - The Gathering - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 4:15 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Best album by Testament hands down IMO. Top 3 thrash album ever for me as well...

The more I listen to it the more I think this. It's heaviness, speed and yet catchy hooks are really a potent combination. Plus Lombardo is probably the best drummer Testament ever had.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Gathering   Testament - The Gathering - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 10:29 pm

Zdan wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

The more I listen to it the more I think this. It's heaviness, speed and yet catchy hooks are really a potent combination. Plus Lombardo is probably the best drummer Testament ever had.

Everything you said there is why I love The Gathering so much. Its insanely heavy and the hooks and grooves just pour out from within those lines.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Gathering   Testament - The Gathering - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 11:05 am

Yeah that's why I love it too. Chuck is also a factor - such a powerful vocalist! Probably the best thrash frontman to mix in growls, screams and more melodic vocals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Gathering   Testament - The Gathering - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Testament - The Gathering
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2