Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SANCTUARY reunites

Go down 
+12
nevermore
Alaskan Metalhead
Ben Grimm
MetalGuy71
Leatherface
Thrasher73
Zdan
INVADERS
mc666
Smindas
sovdat
16 posters
AuthorMessage
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

SANCTUARY reunites Empty
PostSubject: SANCTUARY reunites   SANCTUARY reunites Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 3:05 am

... and they'll be recording a new album. Very Happy

Cult Pre-NEVERMORE Metal Act SANCTUARY To Reunite For New Studio Album - May 11, 2010 NEVERMORE frontman Warrel Dane has announced that his late '80s cult metal outfit SANCTUARY will reunite to record a new studio album. "[I've] been talking with Lenny [Rutledge, former SANCTUARY guitarist]," Dane explains. "We are really good friends again and it feels good." He adds, "I missed my relationship with him for many years."

Regarding how the SANCTUARY reunion will affect NEVERMORE, which has a new studio album ("The Obsidian Conspiracy") coming out next month, Dane says, "NEVEMORE is never going away, so don't start any more rumors!"

Can't say that I'm not excited about that although I have doubts about this new album ... Seeing them live will be a dream come true (in fact I heard rumors about them being this years surprise act at Keep it True festival so I kinda expected to hear something reuinon ...)
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

SANCTUARY reunites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SANCTUARY reunites   SANCTUARY reunites Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 3:09 am

Great news, will definitely be interesting to see what they come up with. Does this mean Dane will be taking his falsetto voice out of retirement? ;P

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

SANCTUARY reunites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SANCTUARY reunites   SANCTUARY reunites Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 3:50 am

Sanctuary was badass.. looking forward to it.

INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

SANCTUARY reunites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SANCTUARY reunites   SANCTUARY reunites Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 4:29 am

should be awesome. Anyone if Jeff Loomis will be playing guitar? he was the last touring guitarist for them i think
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

SANCTUARY reunites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SANCTUARY reunites   SANCTUARY reunites Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 6:57 am

Very cool. I love the two Sanctuary albums - particularly the second one.
Back to top Go down

SANCTUARY reunites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SANCTUARY reunites   SANCTUARY reunites Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 8:12 am

I just re-loaded Into The Mirror Black and Refuge Denied onto my iPod this past weekend...time to crank them up!

I doubt Loomis would be part of this since he's such an intergral part of Nevermore....probably Rutledge, Dane & Sheppard...I'd be curious to hear what they come up with...
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

SANCTUARY reunites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SANCTUARY reunites   SANCTUARY reunites Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:15 am

Sounds Great,I always loved Sanctuary way more than Nevermore.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18903

SANCTUARY reunites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SANCTUARY reunites   SANCTUARY reunites Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:46 am

Love it! Refuge Denied is one of my all time favorite records.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

SANCTUARY reunites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SANCTUARY reunites   SANCTUARY reunites Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:55 am

It does seem a little odd that they are doing this now, when a new Nevermore album is forthcoming along with a supporting tour.

When are Dane & the others gonna have time to write and record a new Sanctuary album?

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

SANCTUARY reunites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SANCTUARY reunites   SANCTUARY reunites Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 8:49 pm

This is very cool
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

SANCTUARY reunites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SANCTUARY reunites   SANCTUARY reunites Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 8:57 pm

Very cool news ! Sanctuary was a great band ! Hopefully this new album will match up to their other releases.
Back to top Go down
Alaskan Metalhead
Metal novice
Metal novice
Alaskan Metalhead

Number of posts : 35

SANCTUARY reunites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SANCTUARY reunites   SANCTUARY reunites Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:04 pm

Would LOVE to get this new gem whenever it comes out!

Yeah, I am wondering also if the older Warrel Dane can still hit the falsettos! (We ALL know what happened to Geoff Tate and Don Dokken as they aged; nary a falsetto to be found!)
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

SANCTUARY reunites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SANCTUARY reunites   SANCTUARY reunites Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:01 pm

Very good news! I'm looking forward to this album! SANCTUARY reunites 11840
Back to top Go down
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

Number of posts : 415

SANCTUARY reunites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SANCTUARY reunites   SANCTUARY reunites Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 1:20 am

Thrasher73 wrote:

Ditto!

Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

SANCTUARY reunites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SANCTUARY reunites   SANCTUARY reunites Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 1:27 am

Cliffy wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:

Ditto!

+ 2

I've always been a huge fan of Sanctuary.

Nevermore is good ... but Sanctuary has never been matched by Nevermore.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

SANCTUARY reunites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SANCTUARY reunites   SANCTUARY reunites Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 9:23 am

I'm the opposite as most of you it seems. I think Nevermore has always ran circles around Sanctuary.

Hopefully a new Sanctuary record will sound different enough from Nevermore to justify it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

SANCTUARY reunites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SANCTUARY reunites   SANCTUARY reunites Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 9:44 am

Rex wrote:
I'm the opposite as most of you it seems. I think Nevermore has always ran circles around Sanctuary.

Hopefully a new Sanctuary record will sound different enough from Nevermore to justify it.

I'm a way bigger Nevermore fan than Sanctuary. I loved Nevermore's music from the first note I heard. Sanctuary took a long time for it to sink in with me.

You're right though. Will this sound much different than a Nevermore recording? Can Warrell hit those notes anymore?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

SANCTUARY reunites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SANCTUARY reunites   SANCTUARY reunites Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 10:47 am

Can't stand Nevermore. I doubt that they'll be able to live up to the first two Sanctuary records though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SANCTUARY reunites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SANCTUARY reunites   SANCTUARY reunites Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SANCTUARY reunites
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: