Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

questions about King's X

Go down 
+11
manny
the sentinel
Eyesore
stevegarveyfan
HamburgerBoy
nevermore
Metallic Blaze
Orion Crystal Ice
ultmetal
Chairman_Smith
fingers
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Metal student
Metal student
Angelcake Adonisus Fox

Number of posts : 162

questions about King's X - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: questions about King's X   questions about King's X - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 5:47 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Journalists invented grunge. It's a term for an era of popular music, not a musical style.

Thank you.

There is no real such thing as 'grunge music'. All of the bands that were labeled as grunge back in the early 90s were all bands of varying genres who all happened to come from the same city and sometimes played together on occasion. Nirvana were a punk band, Soundgarden was heavy metal, Pearl Jam were 80s alterna-rock....and the rest were basically crap.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: questions about King's X   questions about King's X - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 11:58 am

I respectfully disagree with the lot of you.

Grunge is a real musical genre that encompasses many elements (metal, alternative and punk).

But that's ok. It's not a big deal to me when others don't always agree with me.

More power to ya'll.

questions about King's X - Page 2 604261
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: questions about King's X   questions about King's X - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 3:22 pm

fingers wrote:
Did Kings X invent grunge according to Jeff Ament from Pearl Jam? If they did and were a grunge band I think ultmetal would hate them lol! Laughing very hard Prove me if I am wrong but I think either Green River or Malfunkshan invented grunge but I could wrong but the fiorst album OOTSP came out in 1988 but Soundgarden's first EP came out a year before. Also whats the best album in the post Dogman era? are they still around and whats the latest update from them

King's X are not Grunge, Ament was talking about the tone from the guitars and the heavy low end booming sound the songs delivered. King's X has always been a band that other musicians enjoy because they understand the complexity of the music, however critical acclaim does not sale units.

Oh yeah, Green River was the first Grunge band them or the punk legends The Melvins started it all. By the way Ament was in Green River. LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: questions about King's X   questions about King's X - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 4:14 pm

A lot of people credit The Melvins w/ starting Stoner Metal as well...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: questions about King's X   questions about King's X - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 4:39 pm

S wrote:
A lot of people credit The Melvins w/ starting Stoner Metal as well...

other people, like me, credit Black Sabbath. questions about King's X - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: questions about King's X   questions about King's X - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

questions about King's X
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2