Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jimmy Hotz - Beyond the Crystal Sea

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Jimmy Hotz - Beyond the Crystal Sea Empty
PostSubject: Jimmy Hotz - Beyond the Crystal Sea   Jimmy Hotz - Beyond the Crystal Sea Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:30 am

Just picked up the 2010 re-issue of Jimmy Hotz - Beyond the Crystal Sea. I had never heard Hotz before, but was told that he was 70's progressive rock much like early Genesis, Yes, ELP, etc. Much to my surprise and delight, that's exactly what it is. A great CD! Those who enjoy the more ethereal, melodic prog rock of the 70's should check this re-release out before it's gone. Recently released on new label "Born Twice Records" and distributed by Brutal Planet. It should be available on Amazon and Ebay now. I'll have a review up on NLTM soon.

ult

Jimmy Hotz - Beyond the Crystal Sea Jimmy+Hotz

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Hotz - Beyond the Crystal Sea   Jimmy Hotz - Beyond the Crystal Sea Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:54 am

So its better than the goofy cover art I had to work with? Laughing
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Hotz - Beyond the Crystal Sea   Jimmy Hotz - Beyond the Crystal Sea Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 11:07 am

Yup, I actually said as much in my review. The goofy cover art is, goofy, but the music is pretty cool if you like that trippy 70's style prog-rock.

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Hotz - Beyond the Crystal Sea   Jimmy Hotz - Beyond the Crystal Sea Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 11:33 am

How have I never heard of this guy? Is it from the 70s?...... oh wait the cover Jimmy Hotz - Beyond the Crystal Sea Icon_smile or later, doing a retro thing?
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Hotz - Beyond the Crystal Sea   Jimmy Hotz - Beyond the Crystal Sea Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 11:41 am

Hey Ult if you like him you should check this band out:

Jimmy Hotz - Beyond the Crystal Sea Cover_314861222009

They mine the same type o' stuff (Genesis, Yes, etc.,) with a tiny bit(and I mean tiny) of Floyd mixed in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Hotz - Beyond the Crystal Sea   Jimmy Hotz - Beyond the Crystal Sea Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jimmy Hotz - Beyond the Crystal Sea
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: