Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forbidden announce Album Title

Go down 
+15
Required Fields
Olafsto
Gilbert
Leatherface
Jesusandmetal23
Stender
mc666
A Handful of Wayne
Metallic Blaze
Temple of Blood
Joe
MetalGuy71
AchrisK
Thrasher73
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Forbidden announce Album Title Empty
PostSubject: Forbidden announce Album Title   Forbidden announce Album Title Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 10:52 am

Here it is boys and girls,my most anticipated album for 2010.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=139498
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden announce Album Title   Forbidden announce Album Title Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 11:57 am

I am not familiar with later Forbidden releases. I wonder what it will be like.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden announce Album Title   Forbidden announce Album Title Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 12:04 pm

Looking forward to this. I'm hoping it's similar to Distortion. That was a killer release !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden announce Album Title   Forbidden announce Album Title Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 12:32 pm

Sounding like Distortion would be great. Sounding like Green would suck. IMO.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden announce Album Title   Forbidden announce Album Title Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 12:46 pm

TheNazgul wrote:

You said it. I've been giving all of their back-catalog a fresh spin, ripping them to the pc, and the first 3 discs hold up quite well. Then things come to a screeching halt with Green. That album belongs in the "WTF Were They Thinking" thread.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden announce Album Title   Forbidden announce Album Title Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 12:49 pm

With what the rest of their peers are releasing, I'm pretty sure it's going to be along the lines of Forbidden Evil. Anything else would be a huge mistake. I hope I'm right.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden announce Album Title   Forbidden announce Album Title Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 1:05 pm

I don't think it'll be like FE. The two new songs so far aren't anyway.

It'll probably be a mix between "Distortion" and "Twisted".
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden announce Album Title   Forbidden announce Album Title Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 1:13 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I don't think it'll be like FE. The two new songs so far aren't anyway.

It'll probably be a mix between "Distortion" and "Twisted".

Yeah, probably wishful thinking on my part, but I'll take that!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden announce Album Title   Forbidden announce Album Title Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 1:17 pm

Yeah from the two new songs I'd say it'll be a little like the first two albums with a pinch of Distortion.The two new songs sound great and Russ still has great range.Cant wait to get my hands on this album
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden announce Album Title   Forbidden announce Album Title Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 1:53 pm

Sounds like it's heading in a good direction. Forbidden Evil is my favorite. I don't yet own Distortion. I better get it.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden announce Album Title   Forbidden announce Album Title Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 5:55 pm

"Forbidden Evil" is one of my top 10 favorite thrash albums of all time.

I'll take anything Forbidden dishes out.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden announce Album Title   Forbidden announce Album Title Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 2:42 pm

We'll heres the new album cover too looks like crap lol

FORBIDDEN guitarist/songwriter Craig Locicero had the following to say about his collaborative process with artist Kent Mathieu, the visual elements that can be found in the album's artwork, and his concern for the future of the human race:

"As soon as FORBIDDEN committed to writing a new record, I wondered where [early FORBIDDEN artist] Kent Mathieu was.

"I'd always felt like 'Forbidden Evil' and 'Twisted Into Form' were pretty iconic album covers… when things like that actually seemed to matter.

"Then the good people at Nuclear Blast actually located Kent! I got pretty excited and reached out to him immediately. He was equally excited to hear from us, too.

"The only real direction I gave Kent was to somehow tie the past into the future. Find a way to make the two skulls [from 'Forbidden Evil''s artwork] vital again.

"He had worked up about 12 sketches all kinds of variously cool stuff. Out of all of the pictures he sent me, I liked the way one of them was laid out because of its simplicity.

"After thinking about it for a long while, I had a concept for Kent to work with. The Omega Wave concept.

"The title wasn't decided until I had a good idea for the cover.

"I don't want to over-explain the actual picture because there is enough symbolism for everyone to interpret everything differently. That is always a plus in my book. What I can tell you is that the skull in the center is based upon the crystal skull of Belize. This skull was found at some of the pyramid ruins in two perfect pieces, jawbone and upper cranium. It was always quite a mystery, but some years later Hewlett Packard scientists did extensive tests on the skull and found many anomalies. One of them was that there is no way, even with our most modern technology, that we could cut into the crystal the way this skull was formed. It would shatter with any instrument we have available, even today. Another thing was the fact that no matter what temperature the skull was placed in, the skull's temperature would stay almost exactly the same. Scientists even believe the skull holds information that they could not tap into, like a giant computer chip with an impenetrable code.

"So I got to thinking: Does this skull — and the other ones found throughout the most ancient places on Earth — hold something that we would need to know to possibly save ourselves?

"This is not an entirely new concept, but it hit me pretty hard. What could we learn about ourselves that may save us at this all-important juncture for the human race?

"It seems as if we've reached our Omega stage as a civilization. Meaning, we as people seem to be in a hurry to reach some sort of ending… possibly all self-manifested by accepting some sort of pre-determined fate. Or possibly just pawns in a game that was played out before and will be repeated again and again in other times and dimensions. So Omega Wave is part science fact and part from my imagination.

"Kent Mathieu is an artistic genius who created something that respects this concept, as well as FORBIDDEN's past, present and future! All of this with one very strong hand-painted picture. That's right, no computer manipulation whatsoever. Something else we can all be proud of!

"We hope you approve."

Forbidden announce Album Title Forbiddenomega

Last edited by Phoenix Reign Drummer on Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden announce Album Title   Forbidden announce Album Title Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 2:45 pm

It doesnt look too bad.I've seen far worse.Ha

Amazon is showing a November 2 release date.Cant Wait!

Last edited by Thrasher73 on Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden announce Album Title   Forbidden announce Album Title Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 2:48 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

You said it. I've been giving all of their back-catalog a fresh spin, ripping them to the pc, and the first 3 discs hold up quite well. Then things come to a screeching halt with Green. That album belongs in the "WTF Were They Thinking" thread.
i like everything they've done, including Green.

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden announce Album Title   Forbidden announce Album Title Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 2:48 pm

I added the explanation above the picture of what its suppose to be about. When you read that you understand but still I think it looks boring and the logo doesn't look great either.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden announce Album Title   Forbidden announce Album Title Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 2:50 pm

mc666 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

i like everything they've done, including Green.

Yea I didnt think Green was that bad. It was the first cd I bought of theirs because I couldn't find the older ones at the time. I always had them on cassette though. When I found Distortion and Green I had to get them right away.

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden announce Album Title   Forbidden announce Album Title Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 3:29 pm

what are you smoking wayne?!?!!?!! That cover kicks so so so much ass! Its a total throwback to how covers looked in that badass mid 80s late 80s era. I like itttttttttt. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden announce Album Title   Forbidden announce Album Title Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 3:54 pm

Stender wrote:
what are you smoking wayne?!?!!?!! That cover kicks so so so much ass! Its a total throwback to how covers looked in that badass mid 80s late 80s era. I like itttttttttt. Very Happy

+1
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden announce Album Title   Forbidden announce Album Title Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 4:07 pm

Hahaha its ok but it just looks boring. And that big skull looks like something from a Stone Cold Steve Austin shirt.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden announce Album Title   Forbidden announce Album Title Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 4:37 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I added the explanation above the picture of what its suppose to be about. When you read that you understand but still I think it looks boring and the logo doesn't look great either.

Agreed.

And it looks digital even if it's not.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden announce Album Title   Forbidden announce Album Title Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 5:48 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

Agreed.

And it looks digital even if it's not.

The only part that looks digital to me is the Forbidden logo.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden announce Album Title   Forbidden announce Album Title Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 10:03 pm

That album cover looks pretty digital and basic. Forbidden announce Album Title 352445

And count me as another that liked Green.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18960

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden announce Album Title   Forbidden announce Album Title Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 12:40 am

Eh, take or leave the cover. Besides, it's the music that matters.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden announce Album Title   Forbidden announce Album Title Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 1:05 am

I should check these guys out. I don't own any of their releases yet Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden announce Album Title   Forbidden announce Album Title Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 3:51 am

Here`s to hoping the music beats the cover, it looks ultra cheap and amateurish.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden announce Album Title   Forbidden announce Album Title Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forbidden announce Album Title
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: