Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Name some of your most memorable concerts...

Go down 
+15
TrogDawn
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
scottmitchell74
mc666
Wargod
thejokeriv
caniplaywithmadness?
SAHB Healer
Invader
sovdat
Fat Freddy
kmorg
Required Fields
ultmetal
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39652

Name some of your most memorable concerts... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name some of your most memorable concerts...   Name some of your most memorable concerts... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 9:13 pm

Loverboy/Zebra - my first concert

KISS/Accept - my first KISS concert (awesome show!)

KISS/W.A.S.P.

KISS/Kix

KISS/Ted Nugent

Iron Maiden/Yngwie Malmsteen

Frehley's Comet/Cinderella

The Monsters of Rock (about a week after the birth of my daughter)

KISS Reunion show (for obvious reasons)

Boston (a great show where they played the entire first album,a few songs off Don't Look Back,and the entire Third Stage album)

Paul Stanley solo show
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Name some of your most memorable concerts...   Name some of your most memorable concerts... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 9:05 am

megadeth - 07 - i was in the first five rows and it was insane. dave tore donington apart.

dream theater - 07 one of the best fifty minutes i can remember for a long time.

iron maiden - o7 - what more do you need to say

trivium with annihilator, gojira and sanctity. i n the second row for that and although the sound was the worst i have ever heard at a gig. all the bands were on fire and tore the small place up. annihilator were awesome and dave padden nodded at me from a balcony after the show cos i gave him the horns which was cool.

but regining mightily above all was...

METALLICA on the sick of the studio 06 tour at donington park (my first visit there for a music event) and they were the highlight of the festival and made gnr seem crap which they were

man seeing them playing mopin full will stay with me till i die man
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Name some of your most memorable concerts...   Name some of your most memorable concerts... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 1:54 pm

007 wrote:

I would have loved to have seen the Comet. I actually had tickets to see the Comet in New York City in the 80's but my girlfriend at the time, who is now my wife, got really sick right before the show. We were literally AT THE VENUE and she started feeling really sick, so we left and drove home. Bummer. It wasn't meant to be I guess. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Name some of your most memorable concerts...   Name some of your most memorable concerts... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 2:06 pm

ultmetal wrote:
007 wrote:

I would have loved to have seen the Comet. I actually had tickets to see the Comet in New York City in the 80's but my girlfriend at the time, who is now my wife, got really sick right before the show. We were literally AT THE VENUE and she started feeling really sick, so we left and drove home. Bummer. It wasn't meant to be I guess. Crying or Very sad

That sucks. I had a similar occurrence at a Joan Jett show I took my girlfriend (also now my wife) to in the early 90s. She got VIOLENTLY ill only three songs into Joan's set, so we had to go home (a 90 minute drive no less). She was mortified because she figured everyone who saw her get sick figured she was drunk but she hadn't drank a drop the entire night. We chalked it up to a bad hamburger she'd eaten in a diner on the way down to the venue. At least I had seen Joan Jett a few times previously so I wasn't too bummed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Name some of your most memorable concerts...   Name some of your most memorable concerts... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 6:58 pm

Megadeth at Six Flags Theme Park on Halloween. Was THE LAST ONE to get in. Also saw them with Heaven & Hell (Black Sabbath w/ Ronnie Dio) at Mohegan Sun.

Black Label Society at the New England Dodge. Zakk Wylde RULES!

Shadows Fall and Dream Theater at the Chevy Theatre in Hartford. Totally AWESOME!

Iron Maiden at the Dodge. Not bad, although they didn't have to play their whole friggin album FROM START TO FINISH!

I saw Anthrax back in '05 when I was visiting family in New Jersey. Totally AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Name some of your most memorable concerts...   Name some of your most memorable concerts... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 8:53 pm

Iron Maiden at the Dodge. Not bad, although they didn't have to play their whole friggin album FROM START TO FINISH!

I Loved it that they played the whole album from start to finish (but I love the new album, IMHO the best album out in years)- next tour will be a hits tour - Powerslave stage, songs from Powerslave, Live After Death, Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son - Can;t wait for the show, I bet (and hoping) it will be one of the most memorable concerts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Name some of your most memorable concerts...   Name some of your most memorable concerts... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 12:24 am

Really? That'll be sweet!
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Name some of your most memorable concerts...   Name some of your most memorable concerts... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 9:00 pm

Gooooood Night !!! too many to mention but a few (HA!) highlights....

Saxon 1988 at the Omni in Oakland..... I think I've already recounted this one before... end of tour show ALL the best old tunes.... awesome... including some unnamed individual who lept from the balcony hung from the crossbeam and then dropped 8-10 (??) ft into the crowd !!!

Stryper 1985 first San Francisco (Wolfgangs Club) gig in 'support' of Reason of the Season... Simply awesome... I've still got the bootleg, live version of the tune Roxx Regime.... great gig !!

Testament 1987 (?) at the Stone in San Francisco I dunno 400 people maybe? CURSE OF THE LEGIONS OF DEATH !!!
I was hooked....

Vengeance 1987 before the first lp ( at the New Order Church)... all they had was the demo and that was all they played.... it was five song affair, roger preached a lot in between... 'White Throne', 'Salvation', 'He is God', I Love Hating Evil and Beheaded.... At the time it was the heaviest and fastest stuff ever... and they went nuts on stage presence....

Believer C-Stone 1989... they totally destroyed and left us in dire need of medical attention.... WOW....

Kings X the Stone 1988 on a Monday night with about 40 other people, they went on stage at midnight.... Played everything including Moanjam (yes it wasn't on Out of the Silent planet, but that is a pretty old song for them....), and had to replay Sometimes because they wanted to give us another song (they'd already played the entire debut lp)... Ended up hanging out with 'em after the show out on Broadway blvd in the City until.... 3 a.m.?? Doug and I became penpals for a while...

Deliverance 1987 at the HIS festival with Larry Farkas on lead guitar... in an movie theatre and it had to be 100+ inside because it was 100+ outside.... NO TIME.... Great stuff and crankin Mesa Boogie tone....

Iron Maiden 2003 'edward the great' Concord Pavillion.... Once they played the Clansman I was done... !! They were so good and incredibly tight....!

White Heart 1988 at Great America in Santa Clara... They rocked !! Just as heavy at Def Leppard or Ratt... I mean we're talkin' White Heart here... I was amazed.... and Petra who followed sucked.....

Die Happy 1990(?) in Marysville, Ca. played a 35 minute set including a Black Sabbath cover from the 'born again' album I think... (memory is failing !?!?).... Robin Bassuri was phenomal..... (almost forgot about this show)..

Rush.... did I mention them...? I thought not.... 1985 the Cow Palace SF.... Power Windows Tour... When they played Witch Hunt and Xanadu... I 'bout passed out....

Armored Saint...1987/88 it was at the Stone in SF again... When John Bush is belting it own literally 2ft away from me.. MUTINY ON THE WORLD !!!.... They were AWESOME... this gig was before 'Raising Fear'.... saw 'em again a couple of months later with Ted Nugent... and that was a blast...

tooo many christian gigs to name......
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Name some of your most memorable concerts...   Name some of your most memorable concerts... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 11:06 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:

Believer C-Stone 1989... they totally destroyed and left us in dire need of medical attention.... WOW....

Iron Maiden 2003 'edward the great' Concord Pavillion.... Once they played the Clansman I was done... !! They were so good and incredibly tight....!

White Heart 1988 at Great America in Santa Clara... They rocked !! Just as heavy at Def Leppard or Ratt... I mean we're talkin' White Heart here... I was amazed.... and Petra who followed sucked.....

Believer - I saw them in a small club in Fredricksburg, VA - GREAT show, the know how to put on a killer show - the bonus - Armaggedon opened up

Maiden - The Clansman sounds so much better with Bruce singing - the live version on Rock In Rio is 1 million times better than the Blaze version

White Heart - I saw them once, I couldn't believe how much they rocked. After that show, I never could figure out why they were never able to capture that live energy and sound in the studio - I guess they never had the right producer, you are correct about them being as heavy as Ratt or Def Lep live. I remember one of my friends saying after the show that they rocked as hard as Van Halen. Too bad the studio versions of the songs were so watered down.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Name some of your most memorable concerts...   Name some of your most memorable concerts... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 1:52 am

thejokeriv wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:

Believer - I saw them in a small club in Fredricksburg, VA - GREAT show, the know how to put on a killer show - the bonus - Armaggedon opened up

Maiden - The Clansman sounds so much better with Bruce singing - the live version on Rock In Rio is 1 million times better than the Blaze version

White Heart - I saw them once, I couldn't believe how much they rocked. After that show, I never could figure out why they were never able to capture that live energy and sound in the studio - I guess they never had the right producer, you are correct about them being as heavy as Ratt or Def Lep live. I remember one of my friends saying after the show that they rocked as hard as Van Halen. Too bad the studio versions of the songs were so watered down.

Having worked in a Christian Bookstore many moooons ago.... Y'know the score.... ballads sell albums and Christian radio wants more "Together as Ones" than they do "This Present Darkness".... at bit extreme for sure but that's really the case. Billy smilley is such an underrated guitar player/songwriter..... He put the rock in the 'Heart.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Name some of your most memorable concerts...   Name some of your most memorable concerts... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Name some of your most memorable concerts...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2