Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Avett Brothers

Go down 
+2
criss3o
Rex
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

The Avett Brothers Empty
PostSubject: The Avett Brothers   The Avett Brothers Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 11:11 am

http://www.theavettbrothers.com
http://www.myspace.com/theavettbrothers

Folky/Alt Country?

I caught them on Austin City Limits a week or two ago and loved it. They had an interview with them after the show and they stated that they started out as a grunge/punky kind of band. That was rather interesting to me seeing what kind of music they play now. I just thought I'd share, cuz I think they're kind of cool for something different.
Back to top Go down
criss3o
Metal student
Metal student
criss3o

Number of posts : 176

The Avett Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Avett Brothers   The Avett Brothers Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 6:44 am

They tour with Les Claypool alot so they must be both talented and quirky!
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

The Avett Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Avett Brothers   The Avett Brothers Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 8:26 am

I can't seem to get enough of them. They have one song where they break into a metal/hard rock section at the end of the song. Its awesome.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

The Avett Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Avett Brothers   The Avett Brothers Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 8:02 am

Got the newest album last night. Its awesome. I was surprised to see it produced by Rick Rubin (Slayer/Metallica) though. lol
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

The Avett Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Avett Brothers   The Avett Brothers Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 8:55 pm

Yep, great band.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

The Avett Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Avett Brothers   The Avett Brothers Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 11:49 pm

Almost bought their EP (the yellow one) a while back. Glad I didn't. Not my thing.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

The Avett Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Avett Brothers   The Avett Brothers Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 12:38 pm

I tend to agree with Rex when it comes to music that is different.

I know he was really loving that new Dead By Sunrise album last year. Besides me, he was the only one here who liked it. LOLz.

You can add Avett Brothers to that list. I like this. I can see why others wouldn't though.

I will try to pick one of their albums up soon.

But I'd recommend this to anyone who likes adventurous music, and alt country.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Avett Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Avett Brothers   The Avett Brothers Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 11:40 am

Oddly enough, I just caught these guys on the tv show "Ace of Cakes". Apparently the owner, Duff, and his employees are big fans. They performed live in their bakery and made 'em a cake or something. I didn't watch the whole episode, just caught it in passing when the wife had it on.

Not really my thing, but more power to 'em if someone out there likes 'em.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

The Avett Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Avett Brothers   The Avett Brothers Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 5:19 pm

Rex wrote:
Got the newest album last night. Its awesome. I was surprised to see it produced by Rick Rubin (Slayer/Metallica) though. lol

Rick Rubin is actually pretty open-minded from what I hear. He is known as a producer of music in many circles. He's never been 'only' about metal all the time.

He's a great producer too. I love his work on this Avett Brothers.

Rex, how is the album holding up? You still digging it?
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

The Avett Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Avett Brothers   The Avett Brothers Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 8:53 am

Yeah, I've been on a Avett kick lately. Can't get enough of it. My wife doesn't like the latest one as much as the other two album of theirs that we have. She doesn't like the use of the organ/piano on this album. She likes it, but not as much as Emotionalism and The Gleam II.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

The Avett Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Avett Brothers   The Avett Brothers Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 10:19 pm

Rex wrote:
Yeah, I've been on a Avett kick lately. Can't get enough of it. My wife doesn't like the latest one as much as the other two album of theirs that we have. She doesn't like the use of the organ/piano on this album. She likes it, but not as much as Emotionalism and The Gleam II.

Cool. I'll have to check them all out.

Are you still liking that Dead By Sunrise? I know - wrong thread lolz.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

The Avett Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Avett Brothers   The Avett Brothers Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 8:09 am

Yeah, I don't like the "faster" songs much...which thankfully aren't many, and I never did like those....but I love the other songs. Played it yesterday actually.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

The Avett Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Avett Brothers   The Avett Brothers Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 9:50 pm

Rex wrote:
Yeah, I don't like the "faster" songs much...which thankfully aren't many, and I never did like those....but I love the other songs. Played it yesterday actually.

It's still a regular player for me too, even after all this time.

I hope they release a follow-up.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

The Avett Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Avett Brothers   The Avett Brothers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 11:53 am

I just wanted to say that I'm still hung up on the Avett Brothers.

\'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Avett Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Avett Brothers   The Avett Brothers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Avett Brothers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: