Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0

Go down 
+14
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
thejokeriv
MetalFRO
arttieTHE1manparty
kmorg
manny
Temple of Blood
stepcousin
Metallic Blaze
mc666
Schbopo
Troublezone
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Metal student
Metal student
Angelcake Adonisus Fox

Number of posts : 162

Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0 Empty
PostSubject: Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0   Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 1:35 am

Obviously the older folks here will already know about this, but some of the younger ones might not.

Yes, it's true. Before he became known for his saccrine-sweet crooning and came to epitomize 'soft rock', Michael Bolton was an honest-to-god Hard Rocker. Bruce Kulick, who would eventually play for KISS, was originally a member of Bolton's band.

Oddly enough, Bolton's voice fits perfectly with the hard rock style. No matter your opinion of him, you must admit that he is a talented vocalist.

Of course, it wouldn't be long until he dropped the entire rock genre altogether and went for the ultra-sugary soft pop he's known for today.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0   Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 2:27 am

Sounds exactly like (Hot in the Shade) era KISS...
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0   Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 2:38 am

I love his shpiel at the beginning. It's kinda true.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0   Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 3:40 am

hair loss during this period, called for drastic measures.

Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0   Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 3:48 am

Too bad he didn't stay true to this vein.

He coulda made something decent of hisself.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0   Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 5:13 am

I have his self titled 1983 album. Love it. That song is from his second album "Everybody's Crazy" in 1985, not nearly as good as his debut. Aldo Nova also played on the debut, as well as Bob Kulick.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0   Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 8:05 am

Pitrelli played with him too. Always chasing the $$$$.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0   Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 8:33 am

Michael Bolton and Bruce Kulick had a band in the mid 70's called Black Jack, which was more in the Southern Rock vein and it was not a bad little band, in fact here is the video:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0   Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 8:34 am

...as much of a glutton for punishment as I am...there is NO WAY IN HELL I'm watching these videos....

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0   Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 12:05 pm

I liked this song! I also like bolton's mellow side....

Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0   Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 12:27 am

stepcousin wrote:
I have his self titled 1983 album. Love it. That song is from his second album "Everybody's Crazy" in 1985, not nearly as good as his debut. Aldo Nova also played on the debut, as well as Bob Kulick.

Yep, and I have them both. Also have the Blackjack album which also had Bruce Kulick....

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0   Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 12:58 am

manny wrote:

Michael Bolton and Bruce Kulick had a band in the mid 70's called Black Jack, which was more in the Southern Rock vein and it was not a bad little band, in fact here is the video:

I've nearly picked up that vinyl a couple times, but have passed on it both instances. Is it worth $3 or so?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Metal student
Metal student
Angelcake Adonisus Fox

Number of posts : 162

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0   Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 1:15 am

kmorg wrote:
I liked this song! I also like bolton's mellow side....

I have to admit it....I like some of his later stuff as well.

I mean, I can't help it, the guy really can sing. Sometimes the material he chooses to cover isn't always the best, but his "How Am I Supposed to Live Without You" and his rendition of "To Love Somebody" are quite good.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0   Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 1:17 am

^^ Yeah, I think despite his talent as a vocalist his somewhat nasal voice is a put-off for some. I don't care for his most recent output - he's best at crooning adult contemporary ballads, his latest foray into "upbeat pop" is kind of lame.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0   Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 8:01 am

MetalFRO wrote:
manny wrote:

I've nearly picked up that vinyl a couple times, but have passed on it both instances. Is it worth $3 or so?

Black Jack is worth the $3 bucks, it is an enjoyable album, and it probably won't get many spins but it is hard to beat as a conversation piece.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0   Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 12:33 pm

He also opened for KISS on one of their tours (Animalize or Asylum, can;t remember which one)
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0   Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 9:48 pm

Michael Bolton actually auditioned to be the singer for Black Sabbath after Ronnie James Dio left in the early 1980s.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0   Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 9:53 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:

Oh yeah. Millions of records sold, a bunch of #1 singles, a couple of Grammy awards, legions of housewives throwing their panties at him wherever he goes... he realy messed up. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0   Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 10:03 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

Oh yeah. Millions of records sold, a bunch of #1 singles, a couple of Grammy awards, legions of housewives throwing their panties at him wherever he goes... he realy messed up. Laughing very hard

Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0 Lol

Point taken.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0   Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 10:03 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Michael Bolton actually auditioned to be the singer for Black Sabbath after Ronnie James Dio left in the early 1980s.

Wow. Now that's something I did not know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0   Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 10:09 pm

Quote :

Well crap Freddy, I wish I would have got that Michael Bolton S/T off you. I like that tune.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0   Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 10:20 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

Well crap Freddy, I wish I would have got that Michael Bolton S/T off you. I like that tune.

See that?? And yet you all laughed at me when that damn disc was on my trade list for the better part of two years. I finally threw it away cuz I was so sure that nobody would want it. @#$%!!!

...but seriously folks... I am not sure if this song was on that particular CD... I think the one I had was THE HUNGER, not the S/T

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6327

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0   Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2020 7:55 am

What a great tune.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0   Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2020 9:05 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

lol! I missed it when this was first posted and laughed out loud when I read that just now.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0   Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2020 10:07 am

Lari wrote:

What a great tune.

You know, I ran across that one in a shop a while back but I couldn't get any service in the store to preview tracks on my phone. It was $10; not expensive but too much for a gimmick purchase. I remember this thread but had forgotten about the Bruce Kulick connection.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0   Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michael Bolton.....rocks? o_0
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: