Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MAD MAX? HOW COME I DIDN'T HEARD THEM BEFORE?

Go down 
+3
ultmetal
Metallic Blaze
powermacho
7 posters
AuthorMessage
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

MAD MAX? HOW COME I DIDN'T HEARD THEM BEFORE? Empty
PostSubject: MAD MAX? HOW COME I DIDN'T HEARD THEM BEFORE?   MAD MAX? HOW COME I DIDN'T HEARD THEM BEFORE? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 10:34 pm

Wow I can't believe I didn't heard this band before and that I never heard anyone recommend them before, But I think someone mentioned them on the forum once.

Can anyone tell me more about this band? History or something

All I know they are playing on WAKEN and did Rockahoma last year
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: MAD MAX? HOW COME I DIDN'T HEARD THEM BEFORE?   MAD MAX? HOW COME I DIDN'T HEARD THEM BEFORE? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 10:37 pm

I think they are from the 80s aren't they? Possibly a Christian band even?

I'm not entirely sure.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: MAD MAX? HOW COME I DIDN'T HEARD THEM BEFORE?   MAD MAX? HOW COME I DIDN'T HEARD THEM BEFORE? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 10:47 pm

Mad Max have been around since the 80's. They were not even remotely a Christian band in the 80's. However, over time several of their members have become Christians and the focus of the lyrics have become more Christ centered. I don't know that they call themselves a Christian band though.

I saw this band in Switzerland a few year ago. They opened up for Once Dead when I was singing with them. Guitarist was very cool in the band. Still have one of his guitar picks. Ended up eating breakfast with them the next morning simply because we ended up in the same restaurant.

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=16020

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: MAD MAX? HOW COME I DIDN'T HEARD THEM BEFORE?   MAD MAX? HOW COME I DIDN'T HEARD THEM BEFORE? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 10:50 pm

That's a cool story Ult!

MAD MAX? HOW COME I DIDN'T HEARD THEM BEFORE? 604261

Speaking of Mad Max though ... I have a feeling I might really like this band. This looks like one I might dive into head first (and get their whole entire discography eventually).
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: MAD MAX? HOW COME I DIDN'T HEARD THEM BEFORE?   MAD MAX? HOW COME I DIDN'T HEARD THEM BEFORE? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 10:54 pm

I can has Mad Maks?
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: MAD MAX? HOW COME I DIDN'T HEARD THEM BEFORE?   MAD MAX? HOW COME I DIDN'T HEARD THEM BEFORE? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 11:04 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Mad Max have been around since the 80's. They were not even remotely a Christian band in the 80's. However, over time several of their members have become Christians and the focus of the lyrics have become more Christ centered. I don't know that they call themselves a Christian band though.

I saw this band in Switzerland a few year ago. They opened up for Once Dead when I was singing with them. Guitarist was very cool in the band. Still have one of his guitar picks. Ended up eating breakfast with them the next morning simply because we ended up in the same restaurant.

Thanks ULT. that was a cool experience I guess

I have 2 albums of their re-releases so far, and their lyrics aren't christian actually, their lyrics could be compared to any secular band. I have Stormchild and Rolling Thunder. Both are amazing albums.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: MAD MAX? HOW COME I DIDN'T HEARD THEM BEFORE?   MAD MAX? HOW COME I DIDN'T HEARD THEM BEFORE? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 11:13 pm

powermacho wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Thanks ULT. that was a cool experience I guess

I have 2 albums of their re-releases so far, and their lyrics aren't christian actually, their lyrics could be compared to any secular band. I have Stormchild and Rolling Thunder. Both are amazing albums.

Right. Only their newer albums have the Christian lyrics.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: MAD MAX? HOW COME I DIDN'T HEARD THEM BEFORE?   MAD MAX? HOW COME I DIDN'T HEARD THEM BEFORE? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 9:05 am

I didnt like their last one but the one previous to that was excellent.

krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: MAD MAX? HOW COME I DIDN'T HEARD THEM BEFORE?   MAD MAX? HOW COME I DIDN'T HEARD THEM BEFORE? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 3:09 pm

ROLLIN´THUNDER is a great record by them, sounds like old 220 VOLT, AXE VICTIM, MINDLESS SINNER and PRETTY MAIDS. Nice european heavy metal. Later, they went into a melodic hard rock direction. The first 3 are more heavy metal and from then on more melodic hard rock like FATE.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: MAD MAX? HOW COME I DIDN'T HEARD THEM BEFORE?   MAD MAX? HOW COME I DIDN'T HEARD THEM BEFORE? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 3:25 pm

They seem like an interesting band. Any album recommendations?
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: MAD MAX? HOW COME I DIDN'T HEARD THEM BEFORE?   MAD MAX? HOW COME I DIDN'T HEARD THEM BEFORE? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 6:50 pm

I have "rolling thunder" and "stormchild" and both are amazing. I don't know about the other albums since I just found out about them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MAD MAX? HOW COME I DIDN'T HEARD THEM BEFORE?   MAD MAX? HOW COME I DIDN'T HEARD THEM BEFORE? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MAD MAX? HOW COME I DIDN'T HEARD THEM BEFORE?
Page 1 of 1