Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Favorite Solos

Go down 
+25
Louder
Follower of Jesus
nevermore
INVADERS
TheGooch
MetalRob331
romeolimagolf
DallasBlack
T-Roy
Damien Solta
thejokeriv
iamrockerfun
Invader
Fat Freddy
mc666
Troublezone
kethdredd
caniplaywithmadness?
kmorg
Temple of Blood
Olafsto
Smindas
Thrasher73
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

My Favorite Solos - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Solos   My Favorite Solos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 4:13 pm

Mama i'm comin home

metal health

shock me

... lots of solos ... hard to choose
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Solos   My Favorite Solos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 10:55 pm

Wait - White Lion - awesome solo
Back to top Go down
Damien Solta
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Solos   My Favorite Solos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 8:22 pm

Megadeth - Hanger 18 (Each One Just Kicks Axe!)
Metallica - For Whom The Bell Tolls
Tourniquet - Eratic Palipitations Of The Human Spirit
Immortal Souls - Everwinter
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Solos   My Favorite Solos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 7:11 am

Off the top of my head:

1. Ritchie Blackmore - Mistreated
2. Shok Paris - On Your Feet
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Solos   My Favorite Solos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 7:30 pm

Judas Priest - Beyond the Realms of Death
Helloween - Eagle Fly Free
Megadeth - Holy Wars
Jason Becker - Perpetual Burn
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Solos   My Favorite Solos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 11:27 am

Stryper - Soldiers Under Command (epic solo 🤘)
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Solos   My Favorite Solos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 4:39 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
The solo by Akira Takasaki (Loudness) at the beginning of "Ashes in the Sky" sends chills up my spine every time I hear it!!

Yeah, that is an awesome solo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Solos   My Favorite Solos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 7:04 pm

Suicidal Tendencies-Nobody Hears, Hate You Better, Captain Stupid, etc. (Rocky George is a VERY underrated guitarist)
Queensryche-Anybody Listening, Eyes Of A Stranger, Silent Lucidity, I Don't Believe In Love, and more
Savatage-All That I Bleed, Gutter Ballet, Believe, This Is The Time, Alone You Breathe, Hall Of The Mountain King, Edge Of Thorns, He Carves His Stone, Miles Away, Ghost In The Ruins, etc. (Any solo of Savatage or Criss in general gets me wailing on my air guitar).
Dream Theater-Pull Me Under, Spirit Carries On, Lie, Scarred, Another Day, About To Crash, etc. (Any Petruci Solo, see Savatage)
Guns & Roses-Sweet Child, Estranged, November Rain, Dead Horse, Paradise City, You Could Be Mine, Civil War, and more (Slash rules!)
Metallica-any solo before Load (of crap).
Anthrax-any solo by Spitz
Slayer-any solo (before I go any further, my favortie aspect of thrash are the awesome solos so I won't mention anymore because I have yet to hear a thrash solo that I don't like)
Helloween-If I Could Fly, Eagle Fly Free, Lavdate Dominvm, Wake Up The Mountain, etc. (notice a pattern here?)
Hammerfall-Legacy Of Kings, At The End Of The Rainbow, etc.
Iron Maiden-ALL OF THEM (Wasted Years and Stranger In A Strange Land are my favorite.
.....Hell! I Give Up!!!!!

In conclusion there are so many solos that I love that it could be it's own website so it's best that I stop here. I wish I had the patience to learn the guitar myself but I never had it (tried twice and gave up each time). Any guitar I had I pretended to play (air guitar w/ a guitar) and ever since I consider myself an air guitar virtuoso. There are so many solos that drive me to bring out my air guitar no matter where I am (people stare at me but I really don't care!). When people ask me why I like heavy metal the only answer I can give them is the combination of melody, power, and speed, and especially the mind-blowing guitar solos. In conclusion here are my 20 favorite guitar soloists:

Criss Oliva, John Petrucci, The Maiden Trio (tie), C.J. Grimmark, Slash, John Shaffer, Andy LaRocque, Al Petreli, Alex Skolnick, Aaron Guerra (Tourniquet), André Olbrich (Blind Guardian), Danny Spitz, Dimebag, Kerry King and Jeff Hanneman (tie), Oscar Dronjak and Stefan Elmgren (Hammerfall, tie), Glenn Tipton and K.K. Downing (tie), Luca Turilli, Gary Wherkamp and Brendt Allman (Shadow Gallery, tie), Dave Sabo and Scotty Hill (Skid Row, tie), and Steve Perry (Aerosmith).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Solos   My Favorite Solos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 10:52 pm

I was just listening to Annihilator and realizing how much i like all the solos on the song Ligea.
Back to top Go down
romeolimagolf
Metal student
Metal student
romeolimagolf

Number of posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Solos   My Favorite Solos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 9:23 am

Savatage - Gutter Ballet, Edge of Thorns
Bruce Dickinson - Jerusalem, Book of Thel
Silent Scythe - Suffer in Silence
Overlords Perpetual - I Can't Wait
Dark Empire - Distant Tides
Testament - Perilous Nation
Dokken - Tooth And Nail
Accept - Metal Heart
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Solos   My Favorite Solos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 12:24 pm

Dream Theater - As I am
Nevermore - River Dragon Has Come
Pagans Mind - Enigmatic Calling
Magnus Karlsson's solo from the cd The Battle by Allen-Lande song titled Hunger's Night
Alter Bridge - Brand New Start
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Solos   My Favorite Solos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 4:13 pm

metallica - master of puppets
sweet child of mine

my friend said to me a good solo is one you can remember and of my head these are the only too i can recall oh and holy wars by daves crew
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Solos   My Favorite Solos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 10:18 pm

Had to add one I forgot. I love all the solos in Thin Lizzy's Chinatown. Smokin' guitarwork in that song.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Solos   My Favorite Solos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 8:10 am

oh i forget to mention Hangar 18 by megadeth as i know the solos well from playing it constantly on guita hero
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Solos   My Favorite Solos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 9:52 am

Required Fields wrote:
Megadeth - Tornado of Souls
Testament - Over the Wall
Kreator - People of the Lie
Iron Maiden - Aces High
Judas Priest - Painkiller
Megadeth - Holy Wars...The Punishment Due
Heathen - Breaking the Silence
Death - The Philosopher
Dio - The Last in Line
Testament - Practice What You Preach

thats basically what i put down plus:

Death - Voice of the Soul and the end solo of Perennial Quest
Blind Guardian - Mirror, Mirror
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Solos   My Favorite Solos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 10:01 am

the painkiller solo is very good i agree
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Solos   My Favorite Solos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 10:38 am

Rex Carroll / Nagasake ....pretty cool solo.Dude can play.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Solos   My Favorite Solos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 10:41 am

YES! 🤘
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Solos   My Favorite Solos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 3:34 pm

Invader wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Invader wrote:
Testament - Return To Serenity
🤘

Thought I was the only one! Awesome.

Actually all solos by Skolnick with Testament are good.

You are most definatly NOT the only one. I love that one as well. I tried to list my favorite but there are way too many. I will list some more but I hate to limit it to just such a small percentage:

Guns & Roses-November Rain and Estranged
Savatage-Alone You Breathe, All That I Bleed, Believe, Not What You See, and Miles Away
Metallica-The Unforgiven
Faith No More-Epic and Everythings Ruined
Allen/Lande-every solo from The Battle
King Diamond-The Black Horsemen (all the other solos from Abigail and Them as)
Iron Maiden-Wasted Years and Stranger In A Strange Land
Dream Theater-Pull Me Under, Another Day, and Lie
Slayer-Reign In Hell and Black Magic
Sepultura-Territory and Dead Embryonic Cells
Queensryche-Anybody Listening (and all other solos from Empire) and Eyes Of A Stranger
Primus-Wynona's Big Brown Beaver
Running Wild-Fight The Fire Of Hate
Sonata Arctica-Boy/Wanted To Be A Real Puppet and My Selene
Therion-all solos on Lumuria/Sirius B
Ugly Kid Joe-Everything About You
Ozzy Osbourne-Can't Kill Rock & Roll and Road To Nowhere
Extreme-Rest In Peace, Rise & Shine, and Am I Ever Going To Change
Gamma Ray-Heaven Can Wait
Exodus-Toxic Waltz
Edguy-Land Of The Miracle
Narnia-Living Water
Damn Yankees-Where You Goin' Now
Bon Jovi-Dry County
Carcass-Heartwork
Cathedral-Ride
Aerosmith-Janie's Got A Gun
Van Halen-Right Now and On Top Of The World
Visions Of Atlantis-Lost
Lynard Skynard-Freebird
Nightwish-Dead Boy's Poem and Sleeping Sun
Edenbridge-On Top Of The World and Velvet Eyes Of Dawn
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Solos   My Favorite Solos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 6:50 pm

Ace Frehley's solo in Shock Me
Any Thin Lizzy guitar solo.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Solos   My Favorite Solos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 1:22 pm

Opps. How could I forget? Living Colour-Cult Of Personality (kick a** solo from axe master Vernon Reid).
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus
Metal student
Metal student
Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Solos   My Favorite Solos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 6:32 am

Rob Rock - Holy Hell
Saint - Primed and Ready
Megadeth - Tornado of Souls
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Solos   My Favorite Solos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 9:20 am

Quote :
Savatage-All That I Bleed, Gutter Ballet, Believe, This Is The Time, Alone You Breathe, Hall Of The Mountain King, Edge Of Thorns, He Carves His Stone, Miles Away, Ghost In The Ruins, etc. (Any solo of Savatage or Criss in general gets me wailing on my air guitar).

I think Follow Me is Criss' best. The whole Edge OfTHorns album has killer solos.

I'll also say Mr Crowley and Stryper - Surrender.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Solos   My Favorite Solos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 9:31 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Suicidal Tendencies-Nobody Hears, Hate You Better, Captain Stupid, etc. (Rocky George is a VERY underrated guitarist)
Queensryche-Anybody Listening, Eyes Of A Stranger, Silent Lucidity, I Don't Believe In Love, and more
Dream Theater-Pull Me Under, Spirit Carries On, Lie, Scarred, Another Day, About To Crash, etc. (Any Petruci Solo, see Savatage)
Guns & Roses-Sweet Child, Estranged, November Rain, Dead Horse, Paradise City, You Could Be Mine, Civil War, and more (Slash rules!)
Metallica-any solo before Load (of crap).
Anthrax-any solo by Spitz
Slayer-any solo (before I go any further, my favortie aspect of thrash are the awesome solos so I won't mention anymore because I have yet to hear a thrash solo that I don't like)
Helloween-If I Could Fly, Eagle Fly Free, Lavdate Dominvm, Wake Up The Mountain, etc. (notice a pattern here?)
Hammerfall-Legacy Of Kings, At The End Of The Rainbow, etc.
Iron Maiden-ALL OF THEM (Wasted Years and Stranger In A Strange Land are my favorite.
.....Hell! I Give Up!!!!!

In conclusion there are so many solos that I love that it could be it's own website so it's best that I stop here. I wish I had the patience to learn the guitar myself but I never had it (tried twice and gave up each time). Any guitar I had I pretended to play (air guitar w/ a guitar) and ever since I consider myself an air guitar virtuoso. There are so many solos that drive me to bring out my air guitar no matter where I am (people stare at me but I really don't care!). When people ask me why I like heavy metal the only answer I can give them is the combination of melody, power, and speed, and especially the mind-blowing guitar solos. In conclusion here are my 20 favorite guitar soloists:

Criss Oliva, John Petrucci, The Maiden Trio (tie), C.J. Grimmark, Slash, John Shaffer, Andy LaRocque, Al Petreli, Alex Skolnick, Aaron Guerra (Tourniquet), André Olbrich (Blind Guardian), Danny Spitz, Dimebag, Kerry King and Jeff Hanneman (tie), Oscar Dronjak and Stefan Elmgren (Hammerfall, tie), Glenn Tipton and K.K. Downing (tie), Luca Turilli, Gary Wherkamp and Brendt Allman (Shadow Gallery, tie), Dave Sabo and Scotty Hill (Skid Row, tie), and Steve Perry (Aerosmith).
SHOW OFF! lol! 🤘 🤘 🤘
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Solos   My Favorite Solos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 1:05 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Opps. How could I forget? Living Colour-Cult Of Personality (kick a** solo from axe master Vernon Reid).

Living Colour is my favorite black metal band! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Solos   My Favorite Solos - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Favorite Solos
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next