Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Testament's LOW

Go down 
+24
Grimmo
A Handful of Wayne
7thSaviour
INVADERS
nevermore
Lionheartâ„¢
Smindas
mc666
allthingsmetal
Eyesore
MetalRob331
Lurideath
GrandNational
Leatherface
ultmetal
brontotex
Fat Freddy
Metallic Blaze
krokus
XYZ
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
Gilbert
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Testament's LOW - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testament's LOW   Testament's LOW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 9:06 pm

Low is my 3rd fave Testament album. killer all the way through. only behind The Gathering & Demonic.

i also agree with Eyesore about the original Enemies of Reality. i thought it sounded great. and Andy Sneap is way over rated.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Testament's LOW   Testament's LOW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 10:12 pm

Quote :

i also agree with Eyesore about the original Enemies of Reality. i thought it sounded great. and Andy Sneap is way over rated.

I wonder why the band wanted it remixed/remastered??

Aside from my own experience hearing it as a new release and being really dissappointed with the sound, almost every review of the album turned out negative. The production was muddy.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Testament's LOW   Testament's LOW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 10:15 pm

Anyone like the production of St. Anger or Spells of Fear??
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Testament's LOW   Testament's LOW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 10:20 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

Aside from my own experience hearing it as a new release and being really dissappointed with the sound, almost every review of the album turned out negative. The production was muddy.
There was some drama between Kelly Gray and the band. Can't remember what, exactly, but at the time I felt that it was done just to trash Gray.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Testament's LOW   Testament's LOW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 10:24 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

There was some drama between Kelly Gray and the band. Can't remember what, exactly, but at the time I felt that it was done just to trash Gray.

I doubt that... the band just has high standards when it comes to their albums. They gave Kelly Gray the job and they weren't satisfied with the product.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Testament's LOW   Testament's LOW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 10:28 pm

BTW...

LOW is a great album... I just have a high standard when i comes to production. Unless it's punk/death/black metal, I think the production should be clear and full.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Testament's LOW   Testament's LOW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 8:13 am

I really see no fault in Low's production, I agree that calling it 'thin' makes no sense. If you want thin production, listen to The Legacy. That album is in dire need of a proper remaster.

As for Enemies of Reality, I didn't mind the original production too much. Having said that, I do prefer Sneap's mix - I think his production style really suits Nevermore's music.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Testament's LOW   Testament's LOW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 4:25 pm

The production on LOW is pretty good in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Lionheartâ„¢
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: Testament's LOW   Testament's LOW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 4:42 pm

Low and The Ritual are my faves from the band, although I haven't heard all of their albums. Low is heavy as heck, but has a nice groove to it.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Testament's LOW   Testament's LOW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 5:33 pm

I have no complaints about the production, just some of the material (and the album cover, to be honest).
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Testament's LOW   Testament's LOW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 5:36 pm

brontotex wrote:
Great, Great album! I love it!

I agree!
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Testament's LOW   Testament's LOW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 3:27 am

I love this album.
My friend is very into Testament at the minute and this is the one album he can't stop listening too.
It is an awesome album.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Testament's LOW   Testament's LOW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 8:42 am

LOW is a great album! 9/10 Testament's LOW - Page 2 604261
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Testament's LOW   Testament's LOW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 12:19 pm

I could believe how dissapointed I was when I first heard LOW. The old Testament that I grew to love was completely gone and turned into a borderline death metal band. Yea there was some decent songs but it wasn't the same. Especially with Chuck Billy. He's one of my favorite vocalists because when he sings you know its him. With this album it seemed like they were just trying to fit in.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Testament's LOW   Testament's LOW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 12:36 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I could believe how dissapointed I was when I first heard LOW. The old Testament that I grew to love was completely gone and turned into a borderline death metal band. Yea there was some decent songs but it wasn't the same. Especially with Chuck Billy. He's one of my favorite vocalists because when he sings you know its him. With this album it seemed like they were just trying to fit in.

I loved LOW, but this actually describes my experience with Testament's DEMONIC album. When Chuck B. went full-on with the death metal WOOOOARRRRRRGH vocals on DEMONIC I was like "Um, check please."

LOW actually brought me back to the band after losing interest in'em a bit over the previous couple of albums. Till LOW, the last one I'd really liked all the way thru was PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH. SOULS OF BLACK started off strong, but died about four songs in, they phoned in the rest of that album. Then THE RITUAL was just.... zzzzzzzzzzz, and the APOCALYPTIC CITY EP was unnecessary at best. So I wasn't expecting much from LOW at first but that thing hit me upside the head like a brick!!

Unfortunately they went a little TOO over the top with the DEMONIC album a few years later. IMO anyway.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Testament's LOW   Testament's LOW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 1:58 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

Unfortunately they went a little TOO over the top with the DEMONIC album a few years later. IMO anyway.

I agree with you on Demonic. It's my least played Testament cd.Way too much emphasis on the growly vocals.They did follow it up with the great Gathering. Just a fantastic release !
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Testament's LOW   Testament's LOW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 4:05 pm

I feel the same about Demonic and yes they redeemed themselves with The Gathering. Having Dave Lombardo on the drums didn't hurt either.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Testament's LOW   Testament's LOW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 5:04 pm

I can't dig Demonic much, though "Hatreds Rise" is a fantastic song. Of course, it's the only song the old Chuck sang on. Decent album but missed the mark for me.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Testament's LOW   Testament's LOW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 5:39 pm

I was a bit disappointed with "Low" when I first heard it too. I kinda felt like the band who is one of my favorites, has disappointed me yet again. Don't forget about "The Ritual". It sounded like they were striving for the success of commercial era Metallica with that album. While trying too hard to stay 'true'. LOL.

But alas, "Low" and "The Ritual" have come to be appreicated by me as of late.

1. The Legacy
2. The New Order
3. Practice What You Preach
4. The Formation of Damnation

*small gap*

5. The Gathering
6. Demonic
7. First Strike Still Deadly
8. Souls of Black

*another small gap*

9. Low
10. The Ritual
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Testament's LOW   Testament's LOW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 6:37 pm

Nothing like repeating yourself Testament's LOW - Page 2 Lol

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Testament's LOW   Testament's LOW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 6:59 pm

How weird. Almost creepy. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Testament's LOW   Testament's LOW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 5:07 am

Whooops sorry guys! That was on the first page. lol.

I guess I didn't realize I had listed.

Testament's LOW - Page 2 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Testament's LOW   Testament's LOW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 7:24 am

1.Practice 10/10
2.Formation 10/10
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Testament's LOW   Testament's LOW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 7:41 am

7thSaviour wrote:
1.Practice 10/10
2.Formation 10/10

Are those the only two you have?
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Testament's LOW   Testament's LOW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 8:15 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
1.Practice 10/10
2.Formation 10/10

Are those the only two you have?
I have heard everything but Demonic and The Gathering.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Testament's LOW   Testament's LOW - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Testament's LOW
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: