Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Most important aspect of a Metal song to you (pick ONLY one)

Go down 
+22
Orion Crystal Ice
snooloui
exact33
MetalH
Addy
Eyesore
Troublezone
James B.
JDC
Schbopo
DallasBlack
tohostudios
Jesusandmetal23
Stender
thejokeriv
T-Roy
Olafsto
manny
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Most important aspect of a Metal song to you (pick ONLY one) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most important aspect of a Metal song to you (pick ONLY one)   Most important aspect of a Metal song to you (pick ONLY one) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 9:39 pm

I just answered the question as posted. I am in the songwriting and hook department as most important. I have played in alot of bands with great players, who had a rich member to finance well prouced demos and in the end, the weak song writing pretty much doomed it. I have also seen poor players with a crappy 4 track reel to reel recorder in a garge have something going on. That being good songs with hooks in both the guitar and vocal department. In reality, timing has more to do with success than talent at either playing or writing (IMHO)

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Most important aspect of a Metal song to you (pick ONLY one)   Most important aspect of a Metal song to you (pick ONLY one) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 10:53 pm

Attitude and Vibe........
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Most important aspect of a Metal song to you (pick ONLY one)   Most important aspect of a Metal song to you (pick ONLY one) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 11:07 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I cannot pick one. It depends on the song, band, etc. It's a culmination of things IMO. A song could have the best riffs known to man, but if the vocals aren't to my liking, then I won't like the song/band. A band could have the best songs in the world, great vocals, riffs, solos, drumming and the production is so crappy it could make the songs unlistenable. To pick only one is sort of impossible IMO.

I'm with Ult - different styles of music lend to different importance for me.

Just my opinion.

Most important aspect of a Metal song to you (pick ONLY one) - Page 3 775710
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Most important aspect of a Metal song to you (pick ONLY one)   Most important aspect of a Metal song to you (pick ONLY one) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 11:19 pm

It depends on the song and/or band.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Most important aspect of a Metal song to you (pick ONLY one)   Most important aspect of a Metal song to you (pick ONLY one) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 11:53 pm

Songwriting.

I know it's a broad categorization, but to me it is the most important factor. All else can be fine, but if it is put together in a way that has no soul, then it is boring.

If I have to pick one: Riffs

Riffs because they are the closest thing to "songwriting". Solos are a close second... again, because they are an integral part of good metal songwriting IMO.

vocal prowess - 15%
quality of riffs - 30%
quality of drumming - 7%
quality of bass playing - 6%
originality - 20%
quality of lyrics - 5%
quality of guitar solos - 25%
production - 10%
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most important aspect of a Metal song to you (pick ONLY one)   Most important aspect of a Metal song to you (pick ONLY one) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Most important aspect of a Metal song to you (pick ONLY one)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3