Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rotting Corpse, thrash metal from Texas

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Rotting Corpse, thrash metal from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Rotting Corpse, thrash metal from Texas   Rotting Corpse, thrash metal from Texas Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 9:53 am

Despite the grindcore-sounding name, Rotting Corpse is/was a thrash metal band from Dallas Texas back in the mid to late 80's. Apparently they've reunited for a few gigs here and there.

http://www.myspace.com/rottingcorpsethrash

I heard these guys on sattelite radio last night and thought it was pretty cool. Doing a little web searching, it appears that these guys never released anything other than a few demos in the 80's. Anyone know if this is correct?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Rotting Corpse, thrash metal from Texas   Rotting Corpse, thrash metal from Texas Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 9:58 am

i saw their Neck Breaking Fury demo posted in the newsgroups a few months back. i didn't snag it though. probably should have.

Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Rotting Corpse, thrash metal from Texas   Rotting Corpse, thrash metal from Texas Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 9:36 pm

The name dosnt really fit, but their pretty cool. I hope they decide to stick around for a while.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rotting Corpse, thrash metal from Texas   Rotting Corpse, thrash metal from Texas Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 10:34 pm

They're trash? I always imagined them to be death metal. Never even bothered. Guess I'll check them out. =)
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Rotting Corpse, thrash metal from Texas   Rotting Corpse, thrash metal from Texas Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 11:17 pm

Eyesore wrote:
They're trash? I always imagined them to be death metal. Never even bothered. Guess I'll check them out. =)
you wouldn't check out a death metal band?

PostSubject: Re: Rotting Corpse, thrash metal from Texas   Rotting Corpse, thrash metal from Texas Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 1:39 am

mc666 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
you wouldn't check out a death metal band?
I'm a bit picky with death metal. I don't like much of it, at least the more brutal variety. Rotting Corpse always seemed like that kind of band. I do like Bloodbath, though.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Rotting Corpse, thrash metal from Texas   Rotting Corpse, thrash metal from Texas Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 2:27 am

These guys were a great band. They should reunite and do an album!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rotting Corpse, thrash metal from Texas   Rotting Corpse, thrash metal from Texas Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 9:37 am

Eyesore wrote:

Yea, when the dj announced "Coming up we've got Rotting Corpse from Dallas Texas", I was ready to change the station thinking the same thing but it turned out to be kinda cool. Guess that whole judging a book by the cover applies here.

Back to my original post question: Did these guys ever put out a full cd or just demos?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rotting Corpse, thrash metal from Texas   Rotting Corpse, thrash metal from Texas Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 9:39 am

Looks like all they released was a full length CD of their demos. So to answer your question, yes and yes.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rotting Corpse, thrash metal from Texas   Rotting Corpse, thrash metal from Texas Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 9:42 am

spectrefate wrote:
Looks like all they released was a full length CD of their demos. So to answer your question, yes and yes.

Hmmmmm. A cd full of demo recordings? Could be shite, could be cool. Might have to investigate a little more on these guys.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Rotting Corpse, thrash metal from Texas   Rotting Corpse, thrash metal from Texas Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 1:45 pm

Saw them quite a few times both here at home & in DFW back in the day, excellent thrash. Every time I saw them in DFW Vinnie Paul & Rex were there also, wish a little more had rubbed off on Pantera.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rotting Corpse, thrash metal from Texas   Rotting Corpse, thrash metal from Texas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rotting Corpse, thrash metal from Texas
Page 1 of 1