Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warlord (US)

Go down 
+6
ZetaReticuli
Temple of Blood
ultmetal
Metallic Blaze
kmorg
Dave the Boss
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Warlord (US) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warlord (US)   Warlord (US) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 6:56 pm

*listens to Lordian Guard*

wahahahaha.

Let it now be known that there are a good dozen bands that I listen to that nobody who listens to this are now allowed to ever criticize me on. Warlord (US) - Page 2 Icon_razz Man, there are way less guitars in this than all of the 'flower metal' I listen to, and just as many synths and double bass. Haha. It's not terrible, but I get this feeling like the Warlord association is getting this band a free pass.....NOOTTTTTTTTTTT. NICE TRY!
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Warlord (US)   Warlord (US) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 2:00 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

I never checked out Lordian Guard because of how amazingly awkward the name was and how it bothers me to say it and how it's almost Gordian Knot rearranged but without the 'Knot' part and it bothers me. True story.

Ah, it's not just me that feels that way. Quite odd.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Warlord (US)   Warlord (US) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 8:08 am

yeah, it's strange. But now it's remedied. Warlord (US) - Page 2 Lol
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Warlord (US)   Warlord (US) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 10:46 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Haha. It's not terrible, but I get this feeling like the Warlord association is getting this band a free pass.....NOOTTTTTTTTTTT. NICE TRY!

Nah, the fact that William J. Tsamis is a brilliant songwriter give Lordian Guard a "free pass." Razz The songs themselves are absolutely phenomenal, it's just that they're held back by weak production, a drum machine and a weird singer. Most Lordian Guard songs were actually very old Warlord songs, and the 2002 reunion disc just showed how amazing those songs sounded with a good production, a drummer and a better singer.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Warlord (US)   Warlord (US) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 12:06 pm

Yeah that singer is awkward. I really think the Warlord stuff is better though. Not just because it's more old school, the songs are just better. I just didn't find these phenomenal. Now, if you traded the girl with an oaken troll, and made the songwriting phenomenal (with a more varied drum approach), you'd get..........well, you'd get Summoning. Warlord (US) - Page 2 Lol
Back to top Go down
Metalgiant
Metal novice
Metal novice
Metalgiant

Number of posts : 78

PostSubject: Re: Warlord (US)   Warlord (US) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 3:52 am

If you like LORDIAN GUARD, you should check out ARMOR OF GOD.
A very LORDIAN GUARD/WARLORD sounding underground act.

BTW have a unreleased LORDIAN GUARD track.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: Warlord (US)   Warlord (US) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 9:39 am

Do you mean the Armor of God that released Out of Egypt in 1998? Or is there another Armor of God out there?

Would that unreleased track happen to be Invaders? That was supposed to be on the third album, The Holy Empire, which unfortunately was never released/fully recorded. It also came out on a Hellion Records sampler in the late 1990s if I have my facts straight.
Back to top Go down
Metalgiant
Metal novice
Metal novice
Metalgiant

Number of posts : 78

PostSubject: Re: Warlord (US)   Warlord (US) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 10:19 am

Yes that`s was the ARMOR OF GOD band, they did two albums and a DVD.

As for LORDIAN GUARD, you are right the track is on a very limited HELLION RECORDS compilation.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Warlord (US)   Warlord (US) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 10:25 am

I use to have the Lordian Guard CDs but traded them off. I didn't care for them at all. Too wimpy and not enough balls. As I recall, I didn't think they even sounded like heavy metal. I too thought that the Warlord connection was getting them their attention. Neither CD I had were anywhere near as good as early Warlord. It's been years since I've heard them, but that is what I remember.

Last edited by ultmetal on Fri May 07, 2010 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: Warlord (US)   Warlord (US) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 10:26 am

Metalgiant wrote:
Yes that`s was the ARMOR OF GOD band, they did two albums and a DVD.

As for LORDIAN GUARD, you are right the track is on a very limited HELLION RECORDS compilation.

Cool. I'll put that on the wishlist. So many CDs, so little money...

Invaders is an amazing song. Probably the heaviest song Lordian Guard ever recorded. The Warlord version on the 2002 reunion disc is amazing too. Honestly, I'd give one of my testicles for another Warlord album... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: Warlord (US)   Warlord (US) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 10:28 am

ultmetal wrote:
I use to have the Lordian Guard CDs but traded them off. I didn't care for them at all. Too wimpy and not enough balls. As I recall, I didn't think they even sounded like heavy metal. I too thought that the Warlord connection was getting them their attention. Neither CD I had we anywhere near as good as early Warlord. It's been years since I've heard them, but that is what I remember.

I do agree that Lordian Guard was pretty lightweight, but the songwriting was still topnotch. It's just that the songs were held back by a weird vocalist, weak production and programmed drums.

To illustrate:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warlord (US)   Warlord (US) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warlord (US)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2