Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The dead horse returns......... Joker's opinions

Go down 
+5
Fat Freddy
Orion Crystal Ice
Schbopo
Metallic Blaze
thejokeriv
9 posters
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

The dead horse returns......... Joker's opinions Empty
PostSubject: The dead horse returns......... Joker's opinions   The dead horse returns......... Joker's opinions Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 7:32 pm

1. Opinions are like a$$holes, everybody has one
2. Guns N Roses is overrated and Axl sucks
3. The new Saint is boring and the songs just aren't that good. To me, Saint died with "Too Late For Living"
4. Sovereign Grace Ministries is a cult
5. Maiden rules!!!! Bruce is much better than Paul and Nicko is better than Clive. The first four albums are great, awesome, amazing, classic albums, but Maiden didn't come into their own until Piece Of Mind. And Blaze sucks - what was 'Arry thinking? I still don't like the Blaze albums
6. KISS rules!!!! KISS with out Ace is lacking which is why Gene and Paul put Tommy in the space man outfit. He plays like Ace, the fans and the "KISS-lite" fans want Ace type licks. And it worked - see Sonic Boom. Eric singer is a better drummer for KISS than Eric Carr (RIP)
7. Metallica would not have been as popular if Dave Mustaine was still in the band - Kirk brings the right chemistry.
8. Slayer never sold out, just tried different types of songs - many of them failed in the 90's.
9. Scorpions would never had reached their heights of popularity if Uli Jon Roth or Michael Schenker were still in the band. Matthias Jabs brought the right chemistry to the band.
10. The doctrine of Biblical inerrancy is bad theology. The Christian concept of hell is off the mark. The writers of the epistles had theological disagreements and they both can't be right. Anyone that says "you can't believe that and call yourself a Christian" is wrong ad I am living proof.
11. Venom is overrated
12. Blabbermouth posters are either 15 years old or adults who live in their parents basements and think they are bada$$ by posting comments that piss people off.
13. Ultimatum is better than Temple Of Blood
14. Dream Theater are awesome and have released only one bad studio album, Falling Into Infinity
16. Led Zeppelin is way over rated
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: The dead horse returns......... Joker's opinions   The dead horse returns......... Joker's opinions Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 7:46 pm

Quote :

You betchya!

Quote :

I agree they are overrated, but I still like em.

Quote :
3. The new Saint is boring and the songs just aren't that good. To me, Saint died with "Too Late For Living"

I don't have the new Saint album, but haven't purchased any Saint albums since "Too Late for Living", so in a way - I guess I agree.

Quote :

I don't know much about it. No comment.

Quote :
5. Maiden rules!!!! Bruce is much better than Paul and Nicko is better than Clive. The first four albums are great, awesome, amazing, classic albums, but Maiden didn't come into their own until Piece Of Mind. And Blaze sucks - what was 'Arry thinking? I still don't like the Blaze albums

I agree Iron Maiden didn't come into their own until Bruce came on board. Bruce is WAY better than Paul or Blaze. I still don't even own the Blaze albums. And yes, Nicko is way better than Clive.

Quote :
6. KISS rules!!!! KISS with out Ace is lacking which is why Gene and Paul put Tommy in the space man outfit. He plays like Ace, the fans and the "KISS-lite" fans want Ace type licks. And it worked - see Sonic Boom. Eric singer is a better drummer for KISS than Eric Carr (RIP)

I'm not a huge KISS fan, but I pretty much agree here as well.

Quote :
7. Metallica would not have been as popular if Dave Mustaine was still in the band - Kirk brings the right chemistry.

TOTALLY agree with this! Dave is soo overrated. Kirk is at least three times the player Dave is.

Quote :
8. Slayer never sold out, just tried different types of songs - many of them failed in the 90's.

Again, I agree 100%.

Quote :
9. Scorpions would never had reached their heights of popularity if Uli Jon Roth or Michael Schenker were still in the band. Matthias Jabs brought the right chemistry to the band.

Agreed.

Quote :
10. The doctrine of Biblical inerrancy is bad theology. The Christian concept of hell is off the mark. The writers of the epistles had theological disagreements and they both can't be right. Anyone that says "you can't believe that and call yourself a Christian" is wrong ad I am living proof.

I pretty much agree here as well. Though I don't normally discuss religion. But I have a feeling you and I are probably on the same page. I'm a Christian, but I have completely dis-associated myself from the 'religious-right wing church' of modern America.

Quote :
11. Venom is overrated

One of the few points I don't agree with. Venom RULES!

Quote :
12. Blabbermouth posters are either 15 years old or adults who live in their parents basements and think they are bada$$ by posting comments that piss people off.

LOL totally.

Quote :

Of course they are!!! WAY better! TOB sucks.

Quote :
14. Dream Theater are awesome and have released only one bad studio album, Falling Into Infinity

DREAM THEATER RULES!!! I like all their stuff actually. But we agree for the most part.

Quote :

Yes. But I still like em.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: The dead horse returns......... Joker's opinions   The dead horse returns......... Joker's opinions Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 7:47 pm

Joker, I agree with your list moreso than any of the others that have been posted.

I think there was only one point I disagreed with you on!

The dead horse returns......... Joker's opinions 495333
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The dead horse returns......... Joker's opinions   The dead horse returns......... Joker's opinions Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 7:54 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Joker, I agree with your list moreso than any of the others that have been posted.

Amazing!!!! I was a little worried about my faith and beliefs because I wanted to avoid the ism's
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: The dead horse returns......... Joker's opinions   The dead horse returns......... Joker's opinions Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 7:58 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

Amazing!!!! I was a little worried about my faith and beliefs because I wanted to avoid the ism's

I hear ya. That's one reason I don't bring it up much on here. There are times I don't even want to call myself a 'Christian' - just because of the stigma that's attached to it. People automatically assume you are a red, right-winger if you label yourself that in this country.

I'm a follower of Christ, but not at all of the modern day church. I don't even believe that Jesus approves of the modern day church. They are soo far from what the early church was. It's dispicable.

There I said it.

I hope no one stones me for that.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: The dead horse returns......... Joker's opinions   The dead horse returns......... Joker's opinions Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 7:59 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
11. Venom is overrated

1. ...kay
2. THANK YOU.
3. Who?
4. What?
5. Clive rules. Blaze is awesome.
6. I agree up until the Eric Carr part.
7. Agreed
8. Agreed
9. Agreed, but Schenker is still the best guitarist they ever had
10. I'm agnostic, so I don't give a Smurf.
11. Disagree
12. Agreed
13. Haven't heard ToB
14. Dream Theater bite ass
15. Disagree
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The dead horse returns......... Joker's opinions   The dead horse returns......... Joker's opinions Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 8:13 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

I hear ya. That's one reason I don't bring it up much on here. There are times I don't even want to call myself a 'Christian' - just because of the stigma that's attached to it. People automatically assume you are a red, right-winger if you label yourself that in this country.

I'm a follower of Christ, but not at all of the modern day church. I don't even believe that Jesus approves of the modern day church. They are soo far from what the early church was. It's dispicable.

There I said it.

I hope no one stones me for that.

No stones from me - I totally agree with you!!!
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

PostSubject: Re: The dead horse returns......... Joker's opinions   The dead horse returns......... Joker's opinions Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 8:18 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
They are soo far from what the early church was..

Puritan?
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: The dead horse returns......... Joker's opinions   The dead horse returns......... Joker's opinions Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 8:33 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
11. Venom is overrated

1. Disagree
2. Yes
3. a lot of the time, yes
4. Yes
5. I can find this anywhere, try harder
6. KISS does not rule. Carr > Singer
7. agree..maybe.
8. Slayer sucks
9. It's more that Roth or Schenker would likely not compromise in ways that would help propel the band to those heights.
10. The first part of what you say is correct, if for no other reason than the fact that the Bible does not ever, in any book, refer to itself as it's own collection - 'the bible' and thusly can't be judged on merits outside of itself, things churches may put on it, i.e. "do you believe THE BIBLE is the INFALLIBLE WORD OF GOD" and so forth.. It is a collection of writings...WHICH CONTAINS the Word. The Gospels are the centerpiece full stop. A belief should not be based on any foundation except for the roots, the words and story of Christ. "The Bible" is not "my book". Things containing the words and deeds of Christ are "my books". The second thing, I do not believe hell is off the mark, but merely misunderstood, from generations of biased, clouded opinion. Even people who don't believe in stereotypes are afraid to not believe in them. So I avoid writing an essay dealing with physics and theology and a bunch of other things, simply consider this: If God is God, and God is not/will not be in whatever Hell may be, this mere fact supports the concept. We don't know an existence that is away from the presence of God.. erasing the good from being and left with only the dark, with no light to compare to. Sin cannot be with God..not must not be, but the wording is *can not* be. See also 'void'. Hell is an idea and concept that should be absolutely thrilling to science.
11. Yes
12. I have learned to never, ever read comments sections, on any site, ever, if I want to keep what brain cells I have.
13. I tend to like Ultimatum a bit better. What's the basis for comparison?
14. No. Every album is more boring than the last. Even the good DT albums are overrated.
15. Overrated some, but not as much as the other bands mentioned in this list.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: The dead horse returns......... Joker's opinions   The dead horse returns......... Joker's opinions Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 8:48 pm

Fat Freddy's Not-So-Controversial Opinion Post:

This sh*t is getting waaaaaay outta hand now. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The dead horse returns......... Joker's opinions   The dead horse returns......... Joker's opinions Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 8:49 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
11. Venom is overrated
1, 7, & 8: i totally agree with.
3, 4, & 10: i have no idea about either.
9, 11 & 15: i completely disagree with.
2, 5, 6, 12, & 13: i don't really have an opinion on.
14: DT are awesome, but the bad album is the Change of Seasons ep.

Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

PostSubject: Re: The dead horse returns......... Joker's opinions   The dead horse returns......... Joker's opinions Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 8:50 pm

There is no 15.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: The dead horse returns......... Joker's opinions   The dead horse returns......... Joker's opinions Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 9:32 pm

Quote :
Opinions are like a$$holes, everybody has one

speak of the devil

Quote :

For their time they weren't but if you look back on their stuff yes they are.
Slash is overrated, a puppet Rollingstone and Total Guitar like to put on a pedestal
Axl doesn't suck as bad as Lars Ulrich and Fred Durst least with axl he can sing even though his latest album Chinese Democracy is weak

Quote :

don't know

Quote :

don't know

Quote :

yes they do rule! Bruce Dickinson is much better than Paul if Paul was still in Maiden they would be just thought of as another NWOBH band.
Blaze is just different!!! haven't heard Virtual XI yet to make a full opinion on Blaze but he fits X Factor perfectly it's too melancholic and mellow for Bruce to sing on that album but however does put Fear of the Dark and a matter of life and death to shame

Quote :

Agree that Ace Frehley is the best guitarist for KISS not sure about the drummer comparison

Quote :

True because Dave's solos are not as clean (boring) and orthodox as Kirk's

Quote :

compared to the other big 4 they had their heads screwed on in the 90s

Quote :

Haven't listened to enough Scorpions songs to make a judgement

Quote :

not a christian so I don't know

Quote :
11. Venom is overrated

slightly agree

Quote :

If they do it frequently than I agree with your statement

Quote :

havent heard the two

Quote :

ye and so is Trixter lol!

Quote :

if you don't include Physical graffiti and houses of the holy than I agree with you
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The dead horse returns......... Joker's opinions   The dead horse returns......... Joker's opinions Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 9:48 pm

Will Someone Kill the Damn Horse already The dead horse returns......... Joker's opinions Icon_lol

By the way Joker,I agree with about half of your list.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: The dead horse returns......... Joker's opinions   The dead horse returns......... Joker's opinions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:38 am

Quote :
10. The first part of what you say is correct, if for no other reason than the fact that the Bible does not ever, in any book, refer to itself as it's own collection - 'the bible' and thusly can't be judged on merits outside of itself, things churches may put on it, i.e. "do you believe THE BIBLE is the INFALLIBLE WORD OF GOD" and so forth.. It is a collection of writings...WHICH CONTAINS the Word. The Gospels are the centerpiece full stop. A belief should not be based on any foundation except for the roots, the words and story of Christ. "The Bible" is not "my book". Things containing the words and deeds of Christ are "my books". The second thing, I do not believe hell is off the mark, but merely misunderstood, from generations of biased, clouded opinion. Even people who don't believe in stereotypes are afraid to not believe in them. So I avoid writing an essay dealing with physics and theology and a bunch of other things, simply consider this: If God is God, and God is not/will not be in whatever Hell may be, this mere fact supports the concept. We don't know an existence that is away from the presence of God.. erasing the good from being and left with only the dark, with no light to compare to. Sin cannot be with God..not must not be, but the wording is *can not* be. See also 'void'. Hell is an idea and concept that should be absolutely thrilling to science.

I somewhat agree. Hell is basically separation from God, eternal darkness.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The dead horse returns......... Joker's opinions   The dead horse returns......... Joker's opinions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:45 am

Quote :

That's harsh. Aside from my personal disagreements with the singer i think they are pretty good musicians. I like Ultimatum better but that's only because i like their Overkill/Exodus influence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The dead horse returns......... Joker's opinions   The dead horse returns......... Joker's opinions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 7:41 am

Quote :

Without getting on a rant...I agree with this 100%. To me the Bible is a book of writings. Reading it doesn't get you close to God without having a personal relationship with him. A ton of people these days just use the Bible as shield to deflect all the ills of the world (i.e. homosexuality) so they don't have to admit their own character flaws.

Quote :
Hell is basically seperation from God. Eternal darkness

Exactamundo. If someone thinks that all the naughty people on Earth are going to a place of hellfire and torment, they sure will be surprised when all is said and done. Smile
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The dead horse returns......... Joker's opinions   The dead horse returns......... Joker's opinions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 7:53 am

Quote :

Exactamundo. If someone thinks that all the naughty people on Earth are going to a place of hellfire and torment, they sure will be surprised when all is said and done. Smile

Whatever the situation, i'm sure it will be unbearably terrible. Being forsaken by God is no joke.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The dead horse returns......... Joker's opinions   The dead horse returns......... Joker's opinions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The dead horse returns......... Joker's opinions
Page 1 of 1