Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The next Temple of Blood cover song.

Go down 
+16
Leatherface
SideShowDisaSter
AchrisK
Jesusandmetal23
Schbopo
James B.
kmorg
biddle
jerseyultifan+
Temple of Blood
Thrasher73
metalheaded
Orion Crystal Ice
ultmetal
T-Roy
Troublezone
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

The next Temple of Blood cover song. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The next Temple of Blood cover song.   The next Temple of Blood cover song. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 9:32 pm

Crimson Glory - In Dark Places The next Temple of Blood cover song. - Page 4 11840
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: The next Temple of Blood cover song.   The next Temple of Blood cover song. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 9:33 pm

ZetaReticuli wrote:
Crimson Glory - In Dark Places The next Temple of Blood cover song. - Page 4 11840

We almost recorded "Masque of the Red Death" for a tribute CD but the project fell through.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The next Temple of Blood cover song.   The next Temple of Blood cover song. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 9:37 pm

As awesome as it is, I'd take "Painkiller" off the list since Angra and Death have already done it...
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: The next Temple of Blood cover song.   The next Temple of Blood cover song. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 9:44 pm

S wrote:
As awesome as it is, I'd take "Painkiller" off the list since Angra and Death have already done it...

Had no idea Angra covered that song. Just listened to it. The accent came out so funny in the first portion. Death has done a phenomenal job with it, no one else needs to to touch this.
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: The next Temple of Blood cover song.   The next Temple of Blood cover song. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 9:50 pm

Angra's version is hilarious because of the accent, of course. The next Temple of Blood cover song. - Page 4 201269
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: The next Temple of Blood cover song.   The next Temple of Blood cover song. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 10:35 pm

S wrote:

Our version is really different from those, we changed parts of it. Plus, it's my single favorite song of all-time.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: The next Temple of Blood cover song.   The next Temple of Blood cover song. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 4:44 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Megadeth - Devils Island

Great tune, classic album. We used to cover "Wake Up Dead" a few years ago.

I would've actually recommended that one first but it is a song about cheating on your girlfriend and i'm not sure you would want to cover it on a Christian album. Devil's Island was my second choice.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The next Temple of Blood cover song.   The next Temple of Blood cover song. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 4:47 am

Living Sacrifice - (Violence) or anything off the first record.

I think those could bring an extra dose of aggression to your album.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: The next Temple of Blood cover song.   The next Temple of Blood cover song. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 5:00 am

I don't have a copy of that first album anymore. I thought it was pretty good but they copied SLAYER too closely and I didn't hear enough originality on there for my tastes.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The next Temple of Blood cover song.   The next Temple of Blood cover song. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 5:18 am

How about...

Tourniquet - Swarming Spirits
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The next Temple of Blood cover song.   The next Temple of Blood cover song. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 7:30 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
S wrote:

Our version is really different from those, we changed parts of it. Plus, it's my single favorite song of all-time.

OK then...carry on. The next Temple of Blood cover song. - Page 4 438278
Back to top Go down
biddle
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
biddle

Number of posts : 337

PostSubject: Re: The next Temple of Blood cover song.   The next Temple of Blood cover song. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 8:11 am

Ultimatum - Blink
Sacred Warrior - The Flood
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The next Temple of Blood cover song.   The next Temple of Blood cover song. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 10:04 am

How about The Apparition... or Orphan Gypsy... or Without a Trace... or Kyrie Eleison... Razz
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The next Temple of Blood cover song.   The next Temple of Blood cover song. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 10:46 am

Heathen's Rage - Knights of Steel

The Flood would be cool. Get a guest vocalist to do the Roger Martinez parts.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: The next Temple of Blood cover song.   The next Temple of Blood cover song. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 2:38 pm

Troublezone wrote:
How about...

I don't know that one. Which album is it on? The only album by theirs that I listen to very regularly is the debut.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The next Temple of Blood cover song.   The next Temple of Blood cover song. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 2:40 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
How about...

I don't know that one. Which album is it on? The only album by theirs that I listen to very regularly is the debut.

It's on the debut.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: The next Temple of Blood cover song.   The next Temple of Blood cover song. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 2:41 pm

S wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
S wrote:

OK then...carry on. The next Temple of Blood cover song. - Page 4 438278

Well, I think we would be the only band to really try something different with it. The ANGRA version was pretty much straight (with a drum machine-sounding drummer and an ultra-thin guitar tone). The DEATH version was a bit different (with the initial scream and tuning down to D) but not much.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: The next Temple of Blood cover song.   The next Temple of Blood cover song. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 2:41 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
How about...

It's on the debut.

Well then I have heard it many times but didn't know the title. Smile
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Dave the Boss wrote:
How about The Apparition... or Orphan Gypsy... or Without a Trace... or Kyrie Eleison... Razz

I love all those tunes. Smile
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: The next Temple of Blood cover song.   The next Temple of Blood cover song. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 2:42 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Heathen's Rage - Knights of Steel

The Flood would be cool. Get a guest vocalist to do the Roger Martinez parts.

I wasn't really into that demo when I listened to it a while back.

Not big into "The Flood", probably my least favorite song off of that album.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The next Temple of Blood cover song.   The next Temple of Blood cover song. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 2:43 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
How about...

It's on the debut.

Well then I have heard it many times but didn't know the title. Smile

I think the vocals are a good fit for you on that song and the music is catchy.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The next Temple of Blood cover song.   The next Temple of Blood cover song. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 2:48 pm

ZetaReticuli wrote:
Angra's version is hilarious because of the accent, of course. The next Temple of Blood cover song. - Page 4 201269

I can't listen to that Angra version without cracking up because of the "Engrish"

"Fasta dan a boo-let, terrifyin' scream, enraged an' fool of anga, he's harf man and harf mo-sheeeen! Like a metal monsta, breeding smoke and fi-yah, closing een wees wengeance soaring HIIIIIIIIGH....He ees da pain-kee-lah....thees ees DA PAIN-KEE-LAH!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: The next Temple of Blood cover song.   The next Temple of Blood cover song. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 3:02 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
ZetaReticuli wrote:

I can't listen to that Angra version without cracking up because of the "Engrish"

"Fasta dan a boo-let, terrifyin' scream, enraged an' fool of anga, he's harf man and harf mo-sheeeen! Like a metal monsta, breeding smoke and fi-yah, closing een wees wengeance soaring HIIIIIIIIGH....He ees da pain-kee-lah....thees ees DA PAIN-KEE-LAH!"

Yeah. It's a bit ridiculous. But they're a really talented band with some fantastic players although they are not one of my favorites.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: The next Temple of Blood cover song.   The next Temple of Blood cover song. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 3:02 pm

Troublezone wrote:

I'll have to listen to it again.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The next Temple of Blood cover song.   The next Temple of Blood cover song. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 3:09 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I'll have to listen to it again.

Let me know what you think...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The next Temple of Blood cover song.   The next Temple of Blood cover song. - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The next Temple of Blood cover song.
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next