Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SKYLINER

Go down 
+14
James B.
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
GrandNational
Olafsto
kmorg
scottmitchell74
Troublezone
Orion Crystal Ice
7thSaviour
AchrisK
ultmetal
Temple of Blood
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

SKYLINER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER   SKYLINER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:58 am

In the first clip,"Symphony In Black", I find the bridge and the break down with the keys before the guitar solo a very interesting lil arrangement. SKYLINER - Page 2 11840

"Aria Of The Waters" has a Uriah Heep vibe, sorry OCI but I concur with Ult. The growly voice is a nice dynamic and paints a kewl picture to the story you're telling. Which by the way puts some depth into said story, as well as gives it a unique perspective on that particular subject matter.

SKYLINER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER   SKYLINER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:01 pm

I think they sound like Evanasence.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

SKYLINER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER   SKYLINER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 1:15 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
That's not half bad. I kinda like those 2 clips I heard.

Me too. Hey OCI, if I can rough up enough kids for their lunch money, you may get an order from me for that CD of yours sometime soon.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

SKYLINER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER   SKYLINER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 1:57 pm

Thanks guys Smile James, happy you can get into it.

Here's the third song, so now you can just stream the whole thing. SKYLINER - Page 2 Icon_razz Of course you could also do it on the MySpace, lol.

I am totally willing to perform and sign autographs on said tour in nothing but Nutella and a cape. For free.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

SKYLINER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER   SKYLINER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:11 pm

Yeah, this demo is really great.

Great riffs and I like the organic guitar tone.

I will definitely get more music from this band in the future.
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

SKYLINER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER   SKYLINER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 8:47 pm

Hey, OCI, at the tail end of Symphony In Black, where you said "...on the other side of midnight", you sounded almost JUST like Buddy Kohlrausch...and that's a very good thing!

I still need to listen to the other songs, but so far, it sounds great! I'd like to order some more stuff...the only thing I currently have is that live demo you gave out a few years ago.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

SKYLINER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER   SKYLINER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 10:24 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

ack's CD is going out today.....

Got it. Great stuff, man! Rock on!

SKYLINER - Page 2 11840
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

SKYLINER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER   SKYLINER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 11:20 am

Great! thanks everyone. Very pleasing to see people enjoying.

metalheaded: it's actually indeed a very cool compliment because of how much I love Dark at Dawn. A long long time ago when I was maybe 13 or so and entertaining the idea of trying to sing, I used to always want to sound like Blackie Lawless and would try to practice similar rough singing...of course it didn't always work out since I don't screech that way...but I liked finding bands like Grave Digger (like years ago) and then later Dark at Dawn because that was sort of the same idea I wanted to go for with some vocals in some songs and it was interesting to hear it already in play. There will be more of that style in the future, I always just have to decide where things like that will be and where more traditional clean vocals will go, all without it sounding just too varied or mixed up. Smile
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

SKYLINER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER   SKYLINER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 10:42 pm

Yup, right on. That's good to hear. I just recently finally got ahold of the two Dark At Dawn albums I didn't have, so now I have all 5 of their full lengths. Great stuff, indeed. It would be nice if I find their first EP some day, but it's not a priority. Anyway, great to hear you plan on using that style more in the future. I for one greatly enjoy it.

BTW, I went ahead and ordered the current demo last night, heh heh...I'm sure you should have gotten notice of it by now. I look forward to getting it!
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

SKYLINER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER   SKYLINER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 8:22 am

SKYLINER - Page 2 11840 All I need is 'Crimson Frost' and maybe that rarities compilation if it's worth getting.

You should get your CD in a day or two..thanks!
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

SKYLINER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER   SKYLINER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 12:28 pm

metalheaded, did you get the CD?

Also I recently found the Dark At Dawn 'First Rays of Light' compilation thing for $6 mint. Re-recorded demo tracks and an unreleased song or two, awesome.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

SKYLINER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER   SKYLINER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 1:49 pm

I went on MySpace over the weekend and took a listen to Skyliner, excellent stuff OCI, I do hear a bit of progressive rock elements, which personally I loved.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

SKYLINER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER   SKYLINER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 2:24 pm

Is it true that your love for yodeling has let to a lot of intra-band friction and will be prominently displayed on your upcoming recordings?
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

SKYLINER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER   SKYLINER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 3:15 pm

I have been known to yodel the drum parts for a song, giving some idea of the direction I want to go in. If Ben comes up with something good, that's great, if not I will just yodel some more. It's either HIS way or OUR way. It's all about what's best for the song at the end of the day.

manny: excellent!
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

SKYLINER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER   SKYLINER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 9:41 pm

so I thought I might post a couple videos, nothing really fancy..one is only guitar, one is only vocals, and one is an older acoustic song....the first two, if you like how they sound (some branch of power metal, with much guitar), you will dig all of the stuff we will have for the next EP, album, whatever it is we can afford. Last one was recorded a long time ago and sounded like garbage, but I have a little soft spot for it so I decided to do a little rendition..this too will be definitively recorded, however, with more bells and whistles added..

Watch if you like geeky band stuff, guitar stuff, or whatever.

Back to top Go down

SKYLINER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER   SKYLINER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 9:47 pm

Quote :
Watch if you like geeky band stuff, guitar stuff, or whatever.

I watched because I like nipple rings. SKYLINER - Page 2 337331

Looking forward to new Skyliner stuff!
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

SKYLINER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER   SKYLINER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 3:58 pm

ooghgbh euhryjewjhnu ie

so we will be ripping off Maiden (even though Maiden didn't do it first) and experimenting with the 'DIGITAL SINGLE WITH ARTWORK' thing for the next couple songs. In order to produce the professional full length that I want to, I would literally have to disappear for a year or two, and I want to stay somewhat visible musically, so instead we're going to bang out a couple songs and throw some decently cool art with it and do the iTunes/Rhapsody, however it's done..thing. The production will be improved even though we won't be working with much $$, because obviously, we know some more each time we do it and plus we have some better gear than we did back then (I didn't have a Boogie stack back then like I do now). One song, 'Undying Wings' will be a kind of mid-tempo stomper sort of deal, the other song, 'The Alchemist' is a full on heavy power metal piece. A lot of riffs between the two, which should hopefully be pleasing. For the 2 people who listen to metal and still like to read lyrics, here are my lyrics to the two songs:

'Undying Wings'

We've got more scars than friends
Cut once and twice again
Life is
a means to our end
And we don't mind at all

We've seen the orchids bloom
We ride the shapes of doom
And I remember you
Live now or wait to fall

[ chorus ]
Tonight
Time has come to ride
The greatest way to die
Long live the fighters

To fly
We're speeding in the night
A meaning so divine
Soar ever higher

On undying wings [ endchorus ]

With broken hearts we muse
Exhumed, and reused
They think they've cut us loose
But we've come back for more

We speak the dead language
Consumed with tearful anguish
No sleep until the famished
Angrily, life is but a war

Tonight
Time has come to ride
The greatest way to die
Long live the fighters

To fly
A meaning so divine
Soar ever higher

On undying wings

Give, take, run, hide, hate - murder
Stand, scream, love, faith, bleed - believer

We've wasted too much time
Your soul as well as mine
Love always makes a crime
All hail the thistled crown

Fragile as we are fierce
Held down too many years
They stole too many tears
Hold on, we're going down

Tonight
Time has come to ride
The greatest way to die
Long live the fighters

To fly
A meaning so divine
Soar ever higher

On undying wings

-------------------

'The Alchemist'

In death I rise!

I fight
To crush the phoenix,
To walk alone
To burn the bridges that bar my way

I live
To seek the truth and
Bring light upon it
I pray, be never led astray!

Seek and find, the way through the void
Break these astral chains
Now is time to conjure, destroy!
Magic, faith, and flames

[ chorus ]
Spellcraft
Light up the sky tonight
I've been praying, and
I've been singing, and
I've been waiting
For an answer
Spellbound
Look through the eyes of Christ
I've been searching, and
I have seen
I'm the last of my kind
I am the Alchemist [ endchorus ]

I think
Therefore I hunger
I hang inverted
I see this world through different sight

It seems
Decree alone will
Claim this Stone, so
Forsake the real, chase what is right

Seek and find, the way through the void
Break these astral chains
Reveal the signs, illusions destroyed
Under acid rain

Spellcraft
Light up the sky tonight
I've been praying, and
I've been singing, and
I've been waiting
For an answer
Spellbound
I've been searching, and
I have seen
I'm the last of my kind
I am the Alchemist

War and peace exists within me
The Elixir has been given to me
Pierce my flesh, now I fly
Into Orion's crystal eyes

Wisdom makes a deadly wraith
The truth shall crush your wretched faith

Spellcraft
Light up the sky tonight
I've been praying, and
I've been singing, and
I've been waiting
For an answer
Spellbound
I've been searching, and
I have seen
I'm the last of my kind
I am the Alchemist
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

SKYLINER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER   SKYLINER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 5:04 pm

Sweet! New Skyliner!
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

SKYLINER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER   SKYLINER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 7:16 pm

Quote :
metalheaded, did you get the CD?

Also I recently found the Dark At Dawn 'First Rays of Light' compilation thing for $6 mint. Re-recorded demo tracks and an unreleased song or two, awesome.

I've been outta the loop for awhile! Sorry bout that...yes, I did get the CD! Very, very good stuff...I like the epic feel a lot. I should spin it again soon.

Yes, Dark At Dawn's CDs are ALL excellent. If you haven't gotten Crimson Frost yet, get it when you can...
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

SKYLINER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER   SKYLINER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 10:00 pm

I finaly listened to this demo on a good sound system SKYLINER - Page 2 11840

Hope things work out in the future with the new recording

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

SKYLINER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER   SKYLINER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 9:19 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

Nice. A couple of the riffs here remind me of Arghoslent. I don't like the solo all that much though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SKYLINER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER   SKYLINER - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SKYLINER
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2