Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released

Go down 
+6
ultmetal
tohostudios
A Handful of Wayne
Dark Horseman
corplhicks
Orion Crystal Ice
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released Empty
PostSubject: SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released   SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 10:35 am

"Outsiders" is now available digitally at:

https://itunes.apple.com/album/outsiders/id819312884

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I0I0JRS/ref=s9_psimh_gw_p15_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

https://play.google.com/store/music/album/Skyliner_Outsiders?id=Bidmy2yglker3odsfpz7lngodjm

and on Spotify.

Our European friends (or eager importers!) can pick up the record at most brick-and-mortar music retailers, or online at:

http://forever-rock.de/de/SKYLINER-Outsiders-CD?x234b5=hojc896nf6nigtn3gus8frui86

http://www.amazon.de/Outsiders-Skyliner/dp/B00I0I0JRS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393590115

http://www.nuclearblast.de/en/products/tontraeger/cd/cd/skyliner-outsiders.html

http://www.blackscaped.de/Skyliner-Outsiders::90613.html

Our North American family will have to wait until April 15th for the physical CD release, but we've got some things rolling that will get the CD to some of you a little earlier. STORMSPELL will be getting it a little sooner, I've heard, so support him too and grab it at that time if you want the physical CD!

As with any artist, your support is everything to us. This one is for you, so blast it, absorb it, enjoy it!

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released   SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 2:38 pm

Holy shit, Jake. I'm extremely picky about my power metal, especially of a proggy nature, but this album smokes. I love the bits of brutality and different influences happening. Favorite track is Undying Wings. God it gave me gooseflesh upon first listen. Good show man. Here's hoping this gets heard on a massive scale.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released   SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 8:47 pm

Cheers man, that's very humbling and encouraging. Hope you enjoy it for many years to come.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released   SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 2:51 pm

Found this review and I pretty much agree with it.

http://metaltube.freeforums.org/skyliner-outsiders-t3360.html
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released   SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 6:17 pm

Nice! Its about time. Better hurry up getting those cds out there so I can grab one. Where is it going to be available for the US? Amazon?

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released   SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 6:51 pm

Been spinning my copy today and I gotta say that even though this style of music is not the normal, straightforward, verse/chorus/verse/chorus I typically gravitate toward. I'm diggin' the overall aggressiveness of it and there's just enough memorability in each track to keep me (who generally frowns on "prog") interested.

I think the label description on the CD spine pegs the sound: "US Power Metal with a progressive mind".

Sounds about right to me.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released   SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 3:16 pm

I am diggin' this CD as well. A big step forward from the EPs.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released   SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 5:01 pm

Right on!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released   SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 5:48 pm

Got to listen to this today. Pretty good. I like most of the album maybe 1 or 2 songs I wasn't too crazy about but I will definitely listen to this more. Some really catchy stuff in there.  \'arry \'eadbanger 

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released   SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 10:53 pm

totally rad you guys  Cool  one thing I can say if I may say it is, try to spin it, if you play it front to back, without ideas of.... is this trying to be a power/prog/whatever genre band... because really we are just doing whatever we want and a lot of it just happens to come out as classic/power/progressive, but it's never intentionally similar or dissimilar to other bands. I've seen a couple reviews, French ones, where they're like, why is this here? Percussion? Why is the intro long? Why isn't this totally generic.. hahahaha... enjoy everybody...... the next one is already in the can... just wrapping up the writing within the coming months..
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released   SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 2:16 pm

I usually listen to albums on fast forward  Razz 
I actually listened to it again today. You guys did a really great job. Hope the second one is just as good haha. Im actually going to put it in stereo at home right now and listen to it with proper sound.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released   SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 2:22 pm

angry Of course my dumbass goes to take the cd out of the case and it falls out of my hand and gets scratched on the case and now its skipping like crazy. Its barely scratched too. Either my cd player is extremely sensitive or the scratch is worse than it looks. So pissed right now.  angry 

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released   SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 5:10 pm

Oh no! Any remedy yet? Usually for me CD's will play almost no matter what you do to the un-printed side..it's that printed side that holds all the information I believe...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released   SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 5:23 pm

I'll have a review up in the next update. I'm very impressed OCI. I still hear a lot of Rage and Running Wild influences in your guitar playing and Peavy in your vocals. Good stuff.

Can I ask what happened to your keyboard player? I like what she was doing on this album.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released   SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 5:42 pm

Thanks!

Professional/personal differences. Right now we are working as a trio with a new hungry bass player and it's probably the best it has ever been. The stuff we are working on for the second one has got some trio sound to it, it has a little more of an explosive quality in places. There will still be some key parts but as always it is all about if that is what the song is trying to say. On the debut it was exactly what it was supposed to be and we took great care with those, she did a good job with us. The next one won't be a carbon copy. For someone new full time we need to be really careful and really pick the right person - if they exist.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released   SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 5:02 pm

Here's a pretty in-depth interview for people who like that stuff:

http://www.festivalblog.be/interviews/interview-skyliner

by the way anybody reading this using promo stuff please use only what is on our site: http://skylinermusic.com/band.html

the promo pic on that, the logo on that. Nothing old.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released   SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 5:55 pm

So much for the stereotype of the bass player being dumb as a box of rocks.  Your new guy is majoring in marine science and biochemistry.  I was pre-med myself for 2 years and I know those majors have some heavy courses in them.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released   SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 6:57 pm

The guy who never made it to high school surrounds himself with collegiates.... :p
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released   SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 7:17 pm

After I decided a pre-med degree was too tough, I switched to an English degree.  Therefore I feel compelled to point out that you are surrounding yourself with "collegians", not "collegiates".

Yeah, I'm a word geek.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released   SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 9:48 pm

hahahaha. I didn't realize that was a word. Thanks  Cool Muh collegians!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released   SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 10:39 am

Very good! Wow, have you come a long way over the years (talent was always there, just "putting it all together").

Nice and nice!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released   SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 6:34 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Oh no! Any remedy yet? Usually for me CD's will play almost no matter what you do to the un-printed side..it's that printed side that holds all the information I believe...

It honestly shouldn't matter what happens to either side since the information is actually in between both of the plastic discs. Unless it gets majorly scratched then thats when you run into a problem. THANKFULLY! I took the cd out to my car and kept it in there a few days because I really like the album, you should feel honored not too many cds get a car ride nowadays haha, but the cd played fine so skips or anything. So its just my old cd player thats extremely sensitive. The thing has to be at least 15 years old if not older. its one of those Sony 200 disc changer ones. I've only had 1 problem with it years ago which I was able to fix and since then have been using it with no problems until things like this happen. Maybe it will correct itself eventually. otherwise I'll just have to listen to it on my ipod thru the stereo.

Aaaaanyway great album. Where do I pre order the next one? haha

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released   SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 6:53 pm

OBF at Rock Island found this review (if you haven't seen it already):

http://www.metal-temple.com/site/catalogues/entry/reviews/cd_3/s_2/skyliner-outsiders.htm?keep_session=1029317711

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released   SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 1:06 pm

I have, thanks for linking that. Limb also pimped it on their Facebook which was cool.

PRD: glad the CD still mostly works... :p I actually kind of produced it for a car (loud and surround) kind of listening..

We've already got about 5 songs completely done for the next one. No intro track. Just instant guitars and speed. It was extremely important for the first one....for this next one I don't have something to say that would make sense with an intro, for an album. The performances are going to be a little more spontaneous, like a power-trio oriented sound, and the keys are going to be less atmospheric and more big and fat synths.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released   SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 3:04 pm

Ordered my copy from Stormie.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released   SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SKYLINER - Outsiders has been released
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Conversation Piece-
Jump to: