Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just got back from Epica...

Go down 
+2
GrandNational
Black Coffee
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Black Coffee
Metal student
Metal student
Black Coffee

Number of posts : 119

Just got back from Epica... Empty
PostSubject: Just got back from Epica...   Just got back from Epica... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 2:10 am

...and, man, they lived up to their name. Even heavier live than on record, tight as hell, and great showmanship all the way around. New songs fit right in with the old ones...the whole performance was just seamless.

Add this to the fact that Design Your Universe kicks a ton of smurf butt, and I don't think there's a band playing this style of metal that can touch them right now.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from Epica...   Just got back from Epica... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 2:43 am

Seeing Simone Simons is my main interest in Epica.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from Epica...   Just got back from Epica... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 3:00 am

Black Coffee wrote:
Even heavier live than on record
that's not saying a whole lot.

Black Coffee
Metal student
Metal student
Black Coffee

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from Epica...   Just got back from Epica... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:05 am

mc666 wrote:
Black Coffee wrote:
Even heavier live than on record
that's not saying a whole lot.

Just got back from Epica... Icon_smile

Very true, and I'm not saying they'll be challenging Bolt Thrower anytime soon for Most Crushing Band in the Universe.

However, one thing I like about Epica is their relatively liberal use of chunky riffs, which gives their music a heft missing from some of their contemporaries.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from Epica...   Just got back from Epica... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 1:50 am

I agree. Epica is MUCH heavier than their contemporaries.

Their new album kicks all kinds of butt.

Too bad most have not even given it a fair chance.

Sounds like a great show you saw. Where was it? I wish they would come here.
Back to top Go down
Black Coffee
Metal student
Metal student
Black Coffee

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from Epica...   Just got back from Epica... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:59 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:

Sounds like a great show you saw. Where was it? I wish they would come here.

Yep, great great show. I saw them here in Denver, at a place called the Bluebird Theater. Small place, holds about 450 max.

One thing I was really surprised about was how amped up the crowd was for Epica. I mean, you could sense it even before the band went on stage. And once the band came out and started playing, everyone went nuts, and kept going nuts for 90 minutes. It's been awhile since I was at a show with that level of fervor.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from Epica...   Just got back from Epica... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:03 pm

Last time I saw Epica I stood about 8-10 feet directly in front of Mark Jansen the entire show!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from Epica...   Just got back from Epica... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:04 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
Last time I saw Epica I stood about 8-10 feet directly in front of Mark Jansen the entire show!

Mark Jansen sweat
9.5/10
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from Epica...   Just got back from Epica... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:05 pm

S wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:

Mark Jansen sweat
9.5/10
Just got back from Epica... 911681 Just got back from Epica... 320592 Just got back from Epica... 201269
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from Epica...   Just got back from Epica... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 2:33 pm

S wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:

Mark Jansen sweat
9.5/10

Just got back from Epica... 201269
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from Epica...   Just got back from Epica... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 6:56 pm

nevermore wrote:
S wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:

Mark Jansen sweat
9.5/10

Just got back from Epica... 201269
How sweat it is! Just got back from Epica... 591800 Just got back from Epica... Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from Epica...   Just got back from Epica... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just got back from Epica...
Page 1 of 1