Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Album of the decade

Go down 
+15
Metallic Blaze
Black Coffee
Lurideath
Schbopo
Jesusandmetal23
metalhead777
Eyesore
James B.
Required Fields
Temple of Blood
Dave the Boss
ultmetal
TheGooch
Lari
Gilbert
19 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Album of the decade Empty
PostSubject: Album of the decade   Album of the decade Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 7:54 am

According to the Metal Hammer magazine votes, the best album of the decade is Machine Head's "the blackening".

What do you say about that? Album of the decade Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Album of the decade   Album of the decade Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 8:23 am

Not surprising, considering it's Metal Hammer.

Nothing else to comment.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Album of the decade   Album of the decade Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 8:28 am

Lari wrote:
Not surprising, considering it's Metal Hammer.

Nothing else to comment.

So true...
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Album of the decade   Album of the decade Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 9:29 am

i gave up on Metal Hammer years ago when i realised how biggoted they were in there attitude to diversity of musical taste. it was like, "though shalt listen to only metal and nothing else because everything else is rubbish"

its an ok album. not amazing. burn my eyes is way better
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Album of the decade   Album of the decade Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 9:47 am

It's a good album, but album of the decade? Was that just one person's opinion or was it voted for?

nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Album of the decade   Album of the decade Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 9:52 am

Whether its staff voted or readership voted its no surprise. Machine Head were always their little darlings. they even started saying how great all their bad albums were. i got bored of hearing how amazing they were every issue
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Album of the decade   Album of the decade Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 11:45 am

Well, they're wrong... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Album of the decade   Album of the decade Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 1:11 pm

Album of the decade 15221
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Album of the decade   Album of the decade Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 3:35 pm

ultmetal wrote:
It's a good album, but album of the decade? Was that just one person's opinion or was it voted for?

It was voted for. But it's no surprise. Most of this mag's readers are into nu-metal and hardcore.

Actually, i'm losing interest in metal hammer more and more. Thing is, it's the only metal paper that is distributed in the middle east. So i have no other choice.

I wrote them an email once, suggesting they change their name to nu-metalcore hammer. Album of the decade Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Album of the decade   Album of the decade Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 3:36 pm

TheGooch wrote:
Whether its staff voted or readership voted its no surprise. Machine Head were always their little darlings. they even started saying how great all their bad albums were. i got bored of hearing how amazing they were every issue

True enough. Let's not forget Mastodon too.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Album of the decade   Album of the decade Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 3:43 pm

Metal Hammer isn't carried out here, as far as I know. Come to think of it, I don't know of any metal magazines published out here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Album of the decade   Album of the decade Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 3:57 pm

If the clientele or subscribers dig Machine Head, guess what ? The poll is no surprise. Be like being surprised that the Grateful Dead topped a poll in Relix or Gov't Mule, Derek Trucks Band and Allman Brothers Band did well in A Hittin The Note best of list.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Album of the decade   Album of the decade Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 5:06 pm

Gilbert wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
It was voted for. But it's no surprise. Most of this mag's readers are into nu-metal and hardcore.
So how does that make sense then? The Blackening is in no way hardcore or nu-metal. It is, however, easily one of the best metal albums in the past 10 years.

Does it take the #1 spot? Can't say. I could never choose such a thing myself, but it's deserving of recognition, that's for sure. The album is killer! Not sure I ever read a bad review on it, either.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Album of the decade   Album of the decade Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 7:45 pm

i dont agree....its that simple.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: Album of the decade   Album of the decade Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 7:52 pm

So what's your album of the decade?

Megadeth-The System Has Failed
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Album of the decade   Album of the decade Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 8:07 pm

It's a good album, and one that helped bring thrash back into the mainstream for a while, but #1? I disagree. It's all opinion, though, so who really cares?

Jesusandmetal23 wrote:
In terms of metal...

UFO-You Are Here
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Album of the decade   Album of the decade Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 8:44 pm

Jesusandmetal23 wrote:

Megadeth-The System Has Failed

That's probably in my top 10 or so of this decade.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Album of the decade   Album of the decade Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 9:13 pm

There are many better albums than THAT!

That title would either have to go to Heaven and Hell - The Devil You Know or Deathchain - Deathrash Assault. In my opinion anyways.
Back to top Go down
Black Coffee
Metal student
Metal student
Black Coffee

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: Album of the decade   Album of the decade Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 9:24 pm

Album of the decade Infernol

Weep! Weep and gnash your teeth, O puny editors of Metal Hammer! See the ultimate folly of your choice, and tremble before the everlasting wrath of Motorhead's Inferno!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Album of the decade   Album of the decade Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:29 pm

album of the decade? there's two of them (IMHO of course):

Album of the decade PAGANS%20MIND%20celestial

Album of the decade Cover
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: Album of the decade   Album of the decade Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 11:25 pm

It is Good, top 50 material probably but number one of the decade, come on! Album of the decade 201269

Last edited by 325ad on Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Album of the decade   Album of the decade Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 11:49 pm

would not put anything by Machine Head in any top anything of any decade, we'll put it that way. I can't pick a top, just my favorites, because I don't feel like imposing my opinions which would be disagreed with anyway as fact to pressure legions of metalheads to like an album. Album of the decade Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Album of the decade   Album of the decade Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 8:29 am

Impossible to answer because everyone has different taste. My vote would go to Evile/Enter the Grave. Great old school thrash made in in the 00's
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album of the decade   Album of the decade Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:05 am

One of these 3 for me.....

Album of the decade 1542_largeAlbum of the decade Mr
Album of the decade Ironsword-OverlordsofChaos
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Album of the decade   Album of the decade Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:12 am

Theocracy-Mirror of Souls or Municipal Waste-The Art of Partying would get my vote.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Album of the decade   Album of the decade Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Album of the decade
Page 1 of 1