Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25

Go down 
+7
Dave the Boss
SideShowDisaSter
Orion Crystal Ice
Metallic Blaze
Jesusandmetal23
GrandNational
scottmitchell74
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 Empty
PostSubject: scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25   scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 5:15 pm

AKA - ToB's Kryptonite scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 Icon_razz

Fact: I love Powermetal, especially the Euro kind (although not exclusively).

Fact: About 50% of my collection is some sort of Powermetal.

My ranking criteria is simple; how much does an album make me want to slay Orcs while riding a Dragon with 2 unicorns as my "wingmen"? Off we go!

1a - Blind Guardian - Nightfall in Middle-Earth - The perfect Powermetal album. I simply can't believe how good this is. I love every note (not counting the interludes, which don't bother me, I just skip them) Speed, skill, strong vocals, awesome lyrics!, this had it all for me. The girls and I were playing Clue and listening to this, #1b and #6 last night. Metal!

1b - Timeless Miracle - Into the Enchanted Chamber - greatest one-album-wonder ever. I simply can't believe how good this is. I love every note, including interludes. I love the vocals, the melodies, the keys.

3 - Cage - Hell Destoyer - This is so heavy, so fast, yet so melodic. Man, this is why heavy metal was invented...to get to this album. Sean Peck is the new Metal God.

4 - Masterplan - Aeronautics - This sounds like is was written specifically for Jorn Lande's voice. This is smooth, fast, powerful yet at times crunchy and ballsy. No mistakes. It might be one of the best executed albums in Metal history (in my opinion).

5 - Wuthering Heights - Far From the Madding Crowd - The voice. The musical tightness and execution. The songwriting, the lyrics, the melodies. Man, this album is so well done. I want to be and do everything this album is singing/playing about when I hear it.

6 - Theocracy - Mirror of Souls - How (basically) one man can be responsible for so much awesomeness is amazing to me. This is so melodic, so lightning fast and has such great and meaningful lyrics. I shake my head in awe every time I listen to it. It also has my 6 year old's favorite Metal song, so that matters big time.

7 - Falconer - Northwind - So many Falconer albums could be in this spot, but this is the one where I think they absolutely hit a home run. Perfect Voice. Perfect Melody. Perfect Riffs from the best riff writer in my book. This gives me a far-away dreamy fealing when I listen to it.

8 - Sonata Arctica - Silence - I love everything they do, but this is the one where they put it all together, in my opinion. The super-fast songs are great. Then, they slow it down and write great ballad type songs.

9 - Brainstorm - Liquid Monster - This album sounds like an angry band that cares. These songs all weigh more, if that makes sense. Such power, speed, precision and gritty/dirty sounding vocals. Their zenith.

10 - Masterplan - Masterplan - Much like Aeronautics that follows, this just oozes Powermetal smoothness and perfection.

11 - Tyr - By the Light of the Northern Star - Awesome! That's the one word description I wrote when taking notes for this album when first researching my 2009 purchases. This album is catchiness in a bottle. The songs are such great sing-along anthems that I - I kid you not - want to now go to the Faroe Islands and learn more. I went so far as to check flights. Ain't gonna happen (at least for years), but I researched the Faroe Islands on the web. Very interesting. Bonus points for being my 9 year old's "homework music" lately.

12 - Avantasia - The Scarecrow - I love all of these "side" projects, but this one has the best combination of great songwriting and performances from the guest musicians.

13 - Sonata Arctica - Ecliptica - This and Silence were so close in my book. What a debut.

14 - Cage - Science of Annihilation - Another simply amazing American Powermetal album from the masters of it. This is an amazing adrenaline ride of speed, power and skill with fantastic impeckable vocals. Awesome!

15 - Rob Rock - Holy Hell - I don't think an album can start out more metalic. With one "meh" change of pace with an ABBA song, this is a molten Powermetal romp with one of the 5 best voices in Metal history

16 - Ensiferum - Iron - These guys are amazingly consistent and write great Viking/Pagan anthemic Powermetal albums. This is their best in my opinion.

17 - Elvenking - The Winter Wake - Folk-Metal masterpiece. They incorporate melodic vocals with harder ones and folk instramentation with metal ones to create an amazing album. How they weave all the different elements together is amazing.

18 - Wizard - Goochan - Another "fist in the air" dragon slaying, anthemic force. Great sing-along songs with a very epic feel to them.

19 - Boomerang - Sounds of Sirens - Heard of them? Didn't think so. I stumbled across them on my favorite distro's site and took a chance. I was simply blown away with what I heard. I grittier, more urgent Blind Guardian sound with fantastic vocals and songwriting. Highly recommended.

20 - Rebellion - Miklagard: The History of the Viking Volume II - Big, giant, epic Viking metal. Let's ride and kill and then find our way home!

21 - Elvenking - Wyrd - Found it hard to choose between this one and Winter Wake. Both are simply beautiful and dreamy Folk-Metal masterpieces.

22 - Black Abyss - Angels Wear Black - Another one of those obscure accidental finds (a trade, I think) that blew me away. Very tight, melodic and well sung hymn-like Powermetal. Check this one out.

23 - Falconer - Grime vs. Grandeur - I bet this will be the most controversial on my list. I LOVE this album. I love the vocals (even though I think Blad invented awesome) and Weinerhall invented the Riff in my book, so this album still "has it all" for me. A grittier, less Folkish Falconer, but still incredible

24 - Silent Force - Walk the Earth - Top Notch melodic Powermetal. This is slick and well oiled melodic machine a la Masterplan. Everything they do is great, this is their best.

25 - Sabaton - Attero Dominatus - If you've heard this album, then the second you read the album title, in your head or out loud you "sang" AtterO! DomiNATUS! Berlin is burning! You know you did! This is awesome Marching Powermetal. To war!!

Man, this leaves off so many great bands/albums. Dozens of bands and 100's of albums.

Last edited by scottmitchell74 on Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25   scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 5:37 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Blind Guardian - Nightfall in Middle-Earth - The perfect Powermetal album. I simply can't believe how good this is. I love every note (not counting the interludes, which don't bother me, I just skip them) Speed, skill, strong vocals, awesome lyrics!, this had it all for me. The girls and I were playing Clue and listening to this, #1b and #6 last night. Metal!

I burned this album onto a disk minus the interludes. It actually flows great and I don't have to use the skip button. Awesome album.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25   scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 6:02 pm

There are some non flower metal discs on there.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25   scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 9:09 pm

You and I have a lot in common ScottMitchell.

We both love our flower metal, but also like thrash -- and other stuff as well.

Anyway you've got some great stuff in your list.

My current top 25 would be:

1a. Pagan's Mind - Celestial Entrance

1b. Avantasia - The Scarecrow (this album just KILLS)

2. Vision Divine - 9 Degrees West of the Moon

3. Rhapsody - The Power of the Dragonflame

4. Metal Church - The Dark

5. Iced Earth - The Dark Saga

6. Metal Church - Blessing in Disguise

7. Iced Earth - Something Wicked This Way Comes

8. Kamelot - Karma

9. Hammerfall - Crimson Thunder

10. Virgin Steele - Age of Consent

11. Power Quest - Master of Illusion

12. Manowar - Kings of Metal

13. Manowar - Triumph of Steel

14. Virgin Steele - Noble Savage

15. Heavenly - Dust to Dust

16. Nightwish - Dark Passion Play

17. Blind Guardian - Tales from the Twilight World

18. Hammerfall - Renegade

19. Brainstorm - Downburst

20. Cryonic Temple - In Thy Power

21. Iron Fire - To the Edge

22. Primal Fear - Seven Seals

23. Stratovarius - Elements (parts 1 & 2)

24. Sonata Arctica - Reckoning Night

25. Nocturnal Rites - The Sacred Talisman
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25   scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 9:26 pm

Metal Church and Iced Earth are NOT flower metal.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25   scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 9:27 pm

Jesusandmetal23 wrote:

But they ARE power metal. Just of a different variety.

I was including all power metal in mine.

scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25   scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 9:46 pm

1. Labyrinth - Return To Heaven Denied

2. Gamma Ray - Land of the Free*

3. Keldian - Journey of Souls

4. Grave Digger - pick one*

5. Nightwish - Oceanborn

6. Rage - Speak of the Dead*

7. Dark at Dawn - s/t*

8. Blind Guardian - Nightfall in Middle-Earth

9. Labyrinth - s/t*

10. Luca Turilli - Prophet of the Last Eclipse

11. Winterborn - Cold Reality* (not super heavier or etc..but filled with tons of hard rock/metal, classic 80's influenced guitar work..actually a hard band to pin down by genre)

12. Vanishing Point - Embrace the Silence

13. Running Wild - Masquerade*

14. Tad Morose - Modus Vivendi*

15. Cydonia - The Dark Flower

16. Labyrinth - No Limits

17. Rhapsody - Power of the Dragonflame

18. Royal Hunt - The Mission

19. Kamelot - The Black Halo

20. Freedom Call - Crystal Empire

21. Recon - Behind Enemy Lines*

22. Dark Moor - The Gates of Oblivion

23. Blind Guardian - Tales From the Twilight World*

24. Onward - Reawaken*

25. Falconer - s/t*

there are big bands I would want to include, other Rage, Fates Warning, Stormwitch, Crimson Glory...but many usually are just more traditional classic or progressive metal, either or, you know....but just for the record, metalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

and the flower term gets lame (when used seriously) but whatever yooo

Last edited by Orion Crystal Ice on Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25   scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 11:02 pm

Quote :

Easy Spazola. Nobody said they were.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25   scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 4:44 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:

I always knew your wrists were a bit limp! scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 576953

Seriously, though, if it does it for ya, then all power to you (pun intended). There are a few albums there that I myself enjoy.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25   scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 7:21 am

1a. Fates Warning - Awaken the Guardian
1b. Fates Warning - The Spectre Within
2. Heir Apparent - Graceful Inheritance
3. Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction
4. Manilla Road - Crystal Logic
5. Brocas Helm - Black Death
6. Recon - Behind Enemy Lines
7. Savage Grace - Master of Disguise
8. Exxplorer - Symphonies of Steel
9. Running Wild - Black Hand Inn
10. Thunder Rider - Tales of Darkness & Light
11. Queensrÿche - Queensrÿche
12. Zions Abyss - T.A.L.E.S.
13. Metal Church - Metal Church
14. Omen - Battle Cry
15. Manilla Road - The Deluge
16. Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys part I
17. Screamer - Target: Earth
18. Riot - Thundersteel
19. Warlord - And the Cannons of Destruction have begun
20. Running Wild - Death or Glory
21. Deadly Blessing - Ascend from the Cauldron
22. Leatherwolf - Leatherwolf
23. Satan - Court in the Act
24. Titan Force - Titan Force
25. Iced Earth - Night of the Stormrider
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25   scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 8:30 am

We have a lot in common Scott. Some of those albums are great, but Blind Guardians Immaginations From The Other Side is a 1000 times better than Nightfall. I never understood why people always choose Nightfall over Immaginations. Maybe because it was their break out album in the US? (if thats even true, but I think it is) Nightfall just sounds a lot weaker to me, its a great album but It would rank somewhere further down the line in the Blind Guardian Discography for me.

Brainstorms Soul Temptation again I think is better than Liquid Monster. Liquid Monster just sounded like the same songs from Soul Temptation with different lyrics. I liked it but was a little dissapointed.

Masterplans Debut is probably one of my all time favorite albums. Aeronautics was ok but was just missing something. I think from being a big Uli fan I was dissapointed with his drum sound. It seems like the more albums he's on lately he's using more of a drum machine-ish sound. Also I don't think the lyrics were as strong as they were on the first album. I can't wait to hear the new one though.

I agree with Sonata Arctica, Avantasia, and Cage I would have thrown in Darker Than Black too.

I thought I would have liked Rebellion but I don't like the guys vocals. I think hes trying too much to sound like Grave Digger.

Thats just my two cents. I'm just glad someone else on here isn't affraid to admit they like flowermetal lol.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25   scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 8:37 am

I can offer up an opinion on 'Imaginations..'...it feels incomplete. I'm always waiting for the next song or two to be there to make it this ... opus thing, but it isn't there. When I'm feeling the album, it just isn't well rounded enough to where I feel like it's really over when it's over, feeling satisfied, although it has a great closer. And I don't really care about 'Mordred's Song'. And Hansi doesn't sound as good on it as he does the preceding and succeeding albums.

ALSO. I will add an asterisk (*) next to albums I listed which I believe would easily appeal to the open minded person who doesn't want the uber-super-Rhapsody sound but may want to check out some new stuff. Heavier and chock-full of guitar sort of stuff. It doesn't make the rest all super fruity or something....I will just add it to things which either don't have any/many keys, or if they do, it isn't what you would expect from the 'stereotypical' kind of band.

Also click on that sig link..you know you want to.......go ahead..
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25   scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:45 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

I always knew your wrists were a bit limp! scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 576953

Seriously, though, if it does it for ya, then all power to you (pun intended). There are a few albums there that I myself enjoy.

I'd say about 50% of my collection is of the power metal variety as well.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25   scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 11:18 pm

Nothing wrong with being a flowermetal wuss, I am a card carrying member of that genre. Can't do a top list but here are some of my favorite flower albums (a few are best ofs):

Kamelot-Karma
Kamelot-The Fourth Legacy
Kamelot-Epica
Blind Guardian-Nightfall In Middle Earth
Cydonia-Cydonia
Luca Turilli-Prophet Of The Last Eclipse
Rhapsody-Power Of The Dragonflame
Rhapsody-Symphony Of Enchated Lands Pt. 2
Rhapsody-Dawn Of Victory
Helloween-Keeper Of The Seven Keys 1&2
Helloween-Time Of The Oath through Gambling With The Devil
Gamma Ray-Blast From The Past
Gamma Ray-Somewhere Out In Space
Gamma Ray-Land Of The Free Pt. 2
Avantasia-Metal Opera Pt. 1&2
Edguy-Theatre Of Salvation
Edgy-Hall Of Flames
Edguy-Hellfire Club
Axxis-Doom Of Destiny
Axxis-Utopia
Domain-Stardawn
Dragonforce-Valley Of The Damned
Dragonforce-Sonic Firestorm
Dragonforce-Inhuman Rampage
Dragonland-Starfall
Dynasty-Motus Perpetuus

Accidently sent this through so I will do a pt. 2
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25   scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 11:38 pm

Edenbridge-Arcana
Eternal Flight-Under The Sign Of Will
Firewind-Forged By Fire
Firewind-The Premonition
Galloglass-Legends from Now and Nevermore
Gothic Knights-Up From The Ashes
Human Fortress-Lord of Earth and Heavens Heir
Metalium-As One
Metalium-Hero Nation
Mob Rules-Among The Gods
Mob Rules-Ethnolution A.D.
Moonlight Agony-Echoes of a Nightmare
Narnia-Long Live The King
Narnia-Desert Land
Narnia-Enter The Gate
Narnia-Course Of A Generation
Nightwihs-Oceanborn
Nightwish-Wishmaster
Seventh Avenue-Between The Worlds
Seventh Avenue-Eternals
Silent Force-Empire Of Future
Sonata Arctica-Silence
Sonata Arctica-Reckoning Night
Stratovarius-Destiny
Stratovarus-Elements 1&2
Theocracy-Theocracy
Theocracy-Mirror Of Souls
Thunderstone-Thunderstone
Thunderstone-The Burning
Thunderstone-Tools Of Destruction
Visions Of Atlantis-Cast Away
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25   scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 11:48 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

Cydonia-Cydonia

Some of the songs on that are really good...have you heard the second one? I listed that in mine, a good hybrid in sound, good evolution.

DallasBlack wrote:

Part 1 too, or just this one? I was vastly disappointed in this one..

DallasBlack wrote:

technically if you're going to list them don't you only need one? scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 Icon_razz

DallasBlack wrote:
Dragonland-Starfall

I have 'Astronomy' and even though there is some stuff about it that I really dislike, 'modern metal' tricks and stuff here and there, the songs, some of them are just great songs. Always pondered getting 'Starfall'.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25   scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 12:29 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Cydonia-Cydonia

Some of the songs on that are really good...have you heard the second one? I listed that in mine, a good hybrid in sound, good evolution.

DallasBlack wrote:

Part 1 too, or just this one? I was vastly disappointed in this one..

DallasBlack wrote:

technically if you're going to list them don't you only need one? scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 Icon_razz

DallasBlack wrote:
Dragonland-Starfall

I have 'Astronomy' and even though there is some stuff about it that I really dislike, 'modern metal' tricks and stuff here and there, the songs, some of them are just great songs. Always pondered getting 'Starfall'.

I only have the one Cydonia but I wll check the other out.

I know most people think that all Dragonforce songs sound alike but I seem to be able to hear differences in their music (less so in Inhuman Rampage). The last album however, was so disjointed and ran together and was a total waste of money (but one of the bounus tracks was the best I've heard from them).

With your discription of Astronomy, Starfall isn't too different. I really want to hear their cover of Neverending Story but I can't find the album it's on anywhere.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25   scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:30 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
AKA - ToB's Kryptonite scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 Icon_razz

My ranking criteria is simple; how much does an album make me want to slay Orcs while riding a Dragon with 2 unicorns as my "wingmen"? Off we go!

1a - Blind Guardian - Nightfall in Middle-Earth - The perfect Powermetal album. I simply can't believe how good this is. I love every note (not counting the interludes, which don't bother me, I just skip them) Speed, skill, strong vocals, awesome lyrics!, this had it all for me. The girls and I were playing Clue and listening to this, #1b and #6 last night. Metal! 10/10

1b - Timeless Miracle - Into the Enchanted Chamber - greatest one-album-wonder ever. I simply can't believe how good this is. I love every note, including interludes. I love the vocals, the melodies, the keys. 7.7/10

3 - Cage - Hell Destoyer - This is so heavy, so fast, yet so melodic. Man, this is why heavy metal was invented...to get to this album. Sean Peck is the new Metal God. 9.5/10

4 - Masterplan - Aeronautics - This sounds like is was written specifically for Jorn Lande's voice. This is smooth, fast, powerful yet at times crunchy and ballsy. No mistakes. It might be one of the best executed albums in Metal history (in my opinion). 10/10

5 - Wuthering Heights - Far From the Madding Crowd - The voice. The musical tightness and execution. The songwriting, the lyrics, the melodies. Man, this album is so well done. I want to be and do everything this album is singing/playing about when I hear it. 5/10

6 - Theocracy - Mirror of Souls - How (basically) one man can be responsible for so much awesomeness is amazing to me. This is so melodic, so lightning fast and has such great and meaningful lyrics. I shake my head in awe every time I listen to it. It also has my 6 year old's favorite Metal song, so that matters big time. 10/10

7 - Falconer - Northwind - So many Falconer albums could be in this spot, but this is the one where I think they absolutely hit a home run. Perfect Voice. Perfect Melody. Perfect Riffs from the best riff writer in my book. This gives me a far-away dreamy fealing when I listen to it. 9.75/10

8 - Sonata Arctica - Silence - I love everything they do, but this is the one where they put it all together, in my opinion. The super-fast songs are great. Then, they slow it down and write great ballad type songs. 10/10

9 - Brainstorm - Liquid Monster - This album sounds like an angry band that cares. These songs all weigh more, if that makes sense. Such power, speed, precision and gritty/dirty sounding vocals. Their zenith. 10/10

10 - Masterplan - Masterplan - Much like Aeronautics that follows, this just oozes Powermetal smoothness and perfection.

11 - Tyr - By the Light of the Northern Star - Awesome! That's the one word description I wrote when taking notes for this album when first researching my 2009 purchases. This album is catchiness in a bottle. The songs are such great sing-along anthems that I - I kid you not - want to now go to the Faroe Islands and learn more. I went so far as to check flights. Ain't gonna happen (at least for years), but I researched the Faroe Islands on the web. Very interesting. Bonus points for being my 9 year old's "homework music" lately. 9/10

12 - Avantasia - The Scarecrow - I love all of these "side" projects, but this one has the best combination of great songwriting and performances from the guest musicians. 10/10

13 - Sonata Arctica - Ecliptica - This and Silence were so close in my book. What a debut. 10/10

14 - Cage - Science of Annihilation - Another simply amazing American Powermetal album from the masters of it. This is an amazing adrenaline ride of speed, power and skill with fantastic impeckable vocals. Awesome!

15 - Rob Rock - Holy Hell - I don't think an album can start out more metalic. With one "meh" change of pace with an ABBA song, this is a molten Powermetal romp with one of the 5 best voices in Metal history 9.5/10

16 - Ensiferum - Iron - These guys are amazingly consistent and write great Viking/Pagan anthemic Powermetal albums. This is their best in my opinion.

17 - Elvenking - The Winter Wake - Folk-Metal masterpiece. They incorporate melodic vocals with harder ones and folk instramentation with metal ones to create an amazing album. How they weave all the different elements together is amazing.

18 - Wizard - Goochan - Another "fist in the air" dragon slaying, anthemic force. Great sing-along songs with a very epic feel to them.

19 - Boomerang - Sounds of Sirens - Heard of them? Didn't think so. I stumbled across them on my favorite distro's site and took a chance. I was simply blown away with what I heard. I grittier, more urgent Blind Guardian sound with fantastic vocals and songwriting. Highly recommended.

20 - Rebellion - Miklagard: The History of the Viking Volume II - Big, giant, epic Viking metal. Let's ride and kill and then find our way home!

21 - Elvenking - Wyrd - Found it hard to choose between this one and Winter Wake. Both are simply beautiful and dreamy Folk-Metal masterpieces.

22 - Black Abyss - Angels Wear Black - Another one of those obscure accidental finds (a trade, I think) that blew me away. Very tight, melodic and well sung hymn-like Powermetal. Check this one out.

23 - Falconer - Grime vs. Grandeur - I bet this will be the most controversial on my list. I LOVE this album. I love the vocals (even though I think Blad invented awesome) and Weinerhall invented the Riff in my book, so this album still "has it all" for me. A grittier, less Folkish Falconer, but still incredible 7/10

24 - Silent Force - Walk the Earth - Top Notch melodic Powermetal. This is slick and well oiled melodic machine a la Masterplan. Everything they do is great, this is their best. 10/10

25 - Sabaton - Attero Dominatus - If you've heard this album, then the second you read the album title, in your head or out loud you "sang" AtterO! DomiNATUS! Berlin is burning! You know you did! This is awesome Marching Powermetal. To war!!

Man, this leaves off so many great bands/albums. Dozens of bands and 100's of albums.
scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 911681 scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 320592 scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 604261
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25   scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 11:20 am

Awesome stuff man. I own most of that so can I be in your club?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25   scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 5:13 pm

Nightfall In Middle Earth is such an awesome album and one of my top 5 albums of all time. I've listened to it so much I can sing almost all the lyrics by heart. I just got a t-shirt of that album today from JSR Direct (along with King Diamond-"Them").
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25   scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 5:17 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:

That is the single most awesome post EVER! headbanger Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25   scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 5:42 pm

Quote :
There's only one club you'll get from me.

scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 505193
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25   scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:36 am

T-Roy wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

One of my faves as well! scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 911681 scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 320592 scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 778825
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25   scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:09 pm

Quote :

Quote:
There's only one club you'll get from me.

scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 505193

You're sooooo manly.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25   scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:30 am

7thSaviour wrote:
T-Roy wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

One of my faves as well! scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 911681 scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 320592 scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 778825

Yeah, that was cool. That's pretty much my rating system too.

scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 438278
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25   scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

scottmitchell74's "I am a Flowermetal Wuss" Powermetal 25
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next