Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD

Go down 
+11
bgast1
kmorg
stepcousin
mc666
BillRoxx
Sutekh
Dave the Boss
FlyingV
Metallic Blaze
shamgar75
ultmetal
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD Empty
PostSubject: MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD   MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 1:45 pm

Anyone gonna pick up this 20 Year Anniversary disc? It's coming out on Nuclear Blast and goes along with the 20th Anniversary Break the Curse disc on Roxx.

MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD 21_11_01_2009_3_32_19_twentyyears

Twenty Years In The Underground

DISC 1
Re-Recorded Classics (2009)
1- Nocturnal
2- Grind Planetarium
3- Impulsation
4- Hammer Of God
5- The Majestic Infiltration Of Order

First Concert (15th of June 1990)
6- Eyes Of Destruction
7- Searching
8- City Streets

Lincoln and Keith's First Concert (19th Of August 1995)
9- Bloodworld
10- Scrolls Of The Megilloth

Busking in Christchurch City Square, New Zealand (3rd of May 1996)
11- Spoken Word Part 1
12- New Beginnings
13- Spoken Word Part 2
14- Chapel Of Hope

Live at Revolution Metal Fest, Mexico City (20th of November 2004)
With Spanish Translation - Thank You to Marco and Miguel
15- Spoken Word Part 3
16- Too Much Pain
17- Spoken Word Part 4
18- 12 Men

Live at Nordic Fest, Norway (9th of November 2007)
19- I'm Not Your Commodity
20- Priests Of The Underground

DISC 2

Live Planetarium
(Live at Black Stump Festival - 1st of October 1993)
1- Grind Planetarium
2- Distarnish Priest
3- Brutal Warfare
4- The Destroyer Beholds
5- Inflamed
6- Scrolls Of The Megilloth
7- Symbiosis
8- Time Crusaders
9- From The Valley Of The Shadows
10- Human Condition
11- The Majestic Infiltration Of Order
12- This Momentary Affliction

Acoustic Live at The Seaside Festival, Norway (With Norwegen Introduction)
and on Dutch Radio (June 2001)
13- Metal Blessing
14- Standing At The Door Of Death
15- Your Life
16- Grind Planetarium

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD   MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 1:52 pm

I'm all over it when I get some eBay cash. Smile
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD   MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 1:53 pm

I wish they would have included the entire 1990 concert and just not those three songs. Would have rather had that than another copy of Live Planetarium.

Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD   MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:12 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I wish they would have included the entire 1990 concert and just not those three songs. Would have rather had that than another copy of Live Planetarium.

I agree Ult - that would make this release that much stronger. I probably will pick it up though for the 1st disc at least. It is Mortification - gotta get all the releases just to say that I have them. MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD 604261
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD   MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:32 pm

I'll probably get it eventually.

I'm not in any hurry though.
Back to top Go down
FlyingV
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
FlyingV

Number of posts : 270

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD   MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 7:27 am

Mine's on the way and looking forward to checking this out as well. I do agree with ult that they should have included more of 1990 concert as well. Aside from that this is a great collector's item that will have a really nice booklet.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD   MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 7:49 am

I'll pick this up eventually. I don't have Live Planetarium on CD yet, so this is pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD   MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:04 pm

I have some of the first concert on video (Metal Missonaries), but I can't remember if there are more than three tracks on there. Regardless, mine is on the way!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD   MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:41 pm

Sutekh wrote:
I have some of the first concert on video (Metal Missonaries), but I can't remember if there are more than three tracks on there. Regardless, mine is on the way!

The Roxx release has the entire concert. It's on DVD. I would rather it were on CD personally.

Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD   MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 11:56 pm

Well you will be happy to know we will be doing a very special audio download release of this entire show exclusively through roxx, cd baby and iTunes in conjunction with the break the curse release next week! You heard it here first!

All pre orders are shipping tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD   MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 1:20 am

how did they treat the rerecorded material? particularly the first 3? can Steve still pull off the vox? his voice ain't what it used to be.

stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD   MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 3:28 am

is the live acoustic tracks the same as the ones on "Power, Passion, Pain 1990-2000"?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD   MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 10:08 am

Sweden Rock Magazine gave it a 5/10, partially because the newly recorded stuff wasn't all that good.

I'll buy it eventually.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD   MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 10:11 am

kmorg wrote:
Sweden Rock Magazine gave it a 5/10, partially because the newly recorded stuff wasn't all that good.

I'll buy it eventually.

To be honest, I didn't expect the rerecorded stuff to be any good anyway. Nine out of ten times rerecordings are useless.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD   MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 9:08 pm

My copy arrived. So far I've heard the re-recorded stuff and the 1990 live stuff.
The re-recorded songs aren't bad. It would be just like hearing the current line-up doing these classic songs live. The originals are probably better, but they certainly aren't bad.

The 1990 tracks are ROUGH. My wife was in the car so I wasn't blasting them, but from what I heard, they are very rough. Still interesting to hear those old Lightforce tracks played in a more thrash style.

Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD   MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 9:45 pm

Got it in the mail yesterday (thanks Roxx!) - will give it a spin as soon as I get a chance.
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD   MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 2:29 am

Ult what is the OP about. As usual, I am at least a day late and a dollar short. I probably will pick it up, but want more info.

Hadn't orginally ordered the Roxx but did so just tonight.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD   MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 10:08 am

mc666 wrote:
how did they treat the rerecorded material? particularly the first 3? can Steve still pull off the vox? his voice ain't what it used to be.

Steve attempted to go back to a deeper, darker growl on all these tracks, including Hammer of God. The vocals actually sound more like what what was on Break the Curse and are no where near as death metal as Scrolls. I don't think it's better than the original recordings. Re-recordings rarely are, but I still think they are cool to hear.

On 'Nocturnal', where Steve did the higher pitched growl on "CREATURES!", on the new version its a gang vocal. The song almost comes off as more of a thrash song the way it's recorded here, rather than death metal.

bgast1 wrote:

Ult
what is the OP about. As usual, I am at least a day late and a dollar
short. I probably will pick it up, but want more info.

Hadn't orginally ordered the Roxx but did so just tonight.

OP? Not sure what you are asking. Sorry.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD   MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 10:11 am

Is it me or do the cannons on the picture look like lipsticks? MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD Icon_razz

MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD 21_11_01_2009_3_32_19_twentyyears
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD   MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 10:17 am

Troublezone wrote:
Is it me or do the cannons on the picture look like lipsticks? MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD Icon_razz

LOL! I can see that. I thought it looked like knives sticking out of the top.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD   MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 10:20 am

ultmetal wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

They're like sharpened lipsticks! MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
jerseyultifan+
Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD   MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 11:09 am

i wont be wearing THAT lipstick anytime soon!! you guys have way too much time on your hands and a lame sense of humor!! MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD 201269 MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD Icon_razz MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.roweproductions.com
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD   MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 1:42 pm

Troublezone wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

They're like sharpened lipsticks! MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD Icon_lol

MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD 201269 MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD 201269

Maybe Steve has a confession to make...? Razz
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD   MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 3:22 pm

Was just checking out the thick booklet included. Lots of mistakes. The line-ups are wrong for many of the albums. The booklet is basically a big discography, which is cool, but the track listings are missing from everything from EnVision EvAngeline on. Tons of typos in Steve's bio as well. Sort of weird that someone didn't spend a little more time proof reading this thing. Roxx had numerous people proofing over their booklet, including Steve himself.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD   MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 3:30 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I'm not familair with the band enough to know the difference, so I just assumed they were knives. Or lipsticks, now that you mention it. Is it supposed to be cannon fire?

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD   MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MORTIFICATION Twenty Years In The Underground 2 CD
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next