Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lengsel - The Kiss, The Hope

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Lengsel - The Kiss, The Hope Empty
PostSubject: Lengsel - The Kiss, The Hope   Lengsel - The Kiss, The Hope Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:46 pm

ok, so...some of this album is metal..but a lot of it just kind of takes influence from a lot of things and creates IMO something amazing. The strictly black metal crowd has kind of disowned it, the Christian metal crowd don't seem to know what to make of the lyrics (not as if they're mind boggling, however) and it's kind of this red-headed stepchild..but I was wondering if there were any more fans or people at least interested in it. To sum it up, this is an incredible and abstract portrait of pure hazy bleakness. It sounds like black metal, post rock, post metal, noisy industrial (like EN), and shoegaze all collided at once and out came this piece of music that will delightfully drown you. I love both Lengsel albums yet this one has recently just edged out the other one. It's about as dark but so much different in the approach to moodiness. It's also became one of my very favorite albums, it just satisfies in so many areas at once and does it well. Must be played at night, or at the very least, in desolate foggy areas.

....this one is edited down, but still..
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Lengsel - The Kiss, The Hope   Lengsel - The Kiss, The Hope Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:57 pm

and youtube script fails. eh, just copy and paste
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Lengsel - The Kiss, The Hope   Lengsel - The Kiss, The Hope Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 5:35 am

I've never heard the entire album, and I donæt think I have a need to either. Love the debut though....

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
FlyingV

Number of posts : 270

PostSubject: Re: Lengsel - The Kiss, The Hope   Lengsel - The Kiss, The Hope Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 7:24 am

Yeah the debut is some blistering cold black metal but I haven't checked out the new material as it has been described as a radical departure from their debut.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Lengsel - The Kiss, The Hope   Lengsel - The Kiss, The Hope Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 12:21 pm

That sounds completely different than Solace. The vocals remind me of The Blueprint Dives at times. It is fairly chaotic too, reminds me of Norma Jean. I like the new sound.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Lengsel - The Kiss, The Hope   Lengsel - The Kiss, The Hope Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 12:35 pm

yeah, it really might just depend what you get out of the first album. Aesthetically, it works well, indeed being blistering cold black metal, but that method of music, and the other things they add into it, are tools for the catharsis that each of their albums seem to be. So if you connect on a personal level with *that* as well as just what they generally have to offer, in black metal, and you aren't normally open to other influences...then their second one will be easier to understand and get into. Because they don't say as much using black metal on the second one but they still say just as much overall. Just depends what facet(s) of the music do what for you. This one is much more akin to an abstract world to get submerged in rather than the first one, which could also be listened to as a black metal album with more expected sort of riffing and songs that didn't 'flow' together quite as much. This one is more like, it will be completely uninviting unless you get it on it's terms, it won't let you get away with just digging on the riffs. I love them both though. I just think the newest one is just as much of a triumph and that it works well in evolutionary terms of the band.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Lengsel - The Kiss, The Hope   Lengsel - The Kiss, The Hope Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 12:37 pm

I think that I would enjoy The Kiss, The hope more than Solace.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Lengsel - The Kiss, The Hope   Lengsel - The Kiss, The Hope Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 10:06 pm

I haven't heard "The Kiss" album" yet - I do at some point. Solace is an amazing album though. I especially love the last track Avmakt.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Lengsel - The Kiss, The Hope   Lengsel - The Kiss, The Hope Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 10:14 pm

That was my favorite song off there for a while. Lengsel - The Kiss, The Hope Icon_cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lengsel - The Kiss, The Hope   Lengsel - The Kiss, The Hope Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lengsel - The Kiss, The Hope
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: