Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Albums you used to hate, but now love

Go down 
+21
Leatherface
James B.
Thrasher73
fingers
jstate
ultmetal
mc666
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
Dave the Boss
Addy
Getizzyback
DeathCult
Grimmo
T-Roy
Metallic Blaze
Temple of Blood
Gilbert
Lurideath
kmorg
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Albums you used to hate, but now love - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albums you used to hate, but now love   Albums you used to hate, but now love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 8:24 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I wouldn't say love but Exodus with Rob Dukes is finally growing on me.

I love Exodus with Rob on vox! Glad you're warming up to them!

Albums you used to hate, but now love - Page 2 778825
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Albums you used to hate, but now love   Albums you used to hate, but now love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 9:29 pm

When I first heard Kill Em All,I hated it. It sounded like noise to me.Now a few years down the road I started getting more into Thrash and its a must have.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Albums you used to hate, but now love   Albums you used to hate, but now love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 12:05 am

When I opened the jacket and put Icon's "Night of The Crime" on the turntable... It was like "what the F" I can't recall if I made it all the way thru or not Albums you used to hate, but now love - Page 2 685534 and it got put away for quite awhile. Now I appreciate it for what it is and/or was. A great AOR/melodic hard rock lp. Some catchy stuff fer sures. The guitar hooks and the vocal melodies are amazing. In that particular flavor of tuneage, it is almost classic.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Albums you used to hate, but now love   Albums you used to hate, but now love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 1:14 am

I'm pretty sure if I hated an album, I would never love it. Having said that, when I first started to get into thrash, Metallica's Master of Puppets was okay at first. Now, it's my favorite record.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Albums you used to hate, but now love   Albums you used to hate, but now love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 1:40 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
I wouldn't say love but Exodus with Rob Dukes is finally growing on me.

I love Exodus with Rob on vox! Glad you're warming up to them!

Albums you used to hate, but now love - Page 2 778825

I liked them back when Souza was the singer. But as long as Gary writes badass riffs, i'll check 'em out.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Albums you used to hate, but now love   Albums you used to hate, but now love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 4:50 am

Troublezone, try to catch Exodus live sometime. Seeing Rob front the band in a live setting is what sold me over to them.

Now he's actually my favorite Exodus singer. And that's saying a lot - because I'm a HUGE freekin' Exodus fan.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Albums you used to hate, but now love   Albums you used to hate, but now love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 12:09 pm

mc666 wrote:
Napalm Death - Diatribes

the catchy, light feel of it put me off originally. it took me a number of years to get into it. now i like it for what it was. an attempt at commercial death metal. thankfully they gave up attempt at mainstream.

Thats another one I didn't like until it had been out for a few years, for the same reasons. However, I have always liked Greed Killing alot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Albums you used to hate, but now love   Albums you used to hate, but now love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 12:54 pm

St. Anger.

I wouldn't say I love it, but it has grown on me.

Like a gigantic, hideous wart. Albums you used to hate, but now love - Page 2 Lol
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Albums you used to hate, but now love   Albums you used to hate, but now love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 1:32 pm

Dio-Angry Machines-Used to hate this album, still not my favorite and IMO the worst Dio album in the discography but still not a bad album.

AC/DC-Stiff Upper Lip-Never thought it was horrid and still my least fav AC/DC disc but again good tunes if not up to par with previous albums.

Van Halen-III-Not even close to a great album, and I donot place the blame at Cherone's feet but it has some of Eddie Van Halen's ferocious playing in years, if the band had only had remembered to bring the songs to the party.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Albums you used to hate, but now love   Albums you used to hate, but now love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 3:28 pm

POISON:NATIVE TONGUE didnt like it at all when it came out, now i like it more, but still not love it.
Same with ALICE COOPER´s THE LAST TEMPTATION. Now i like it more then before and same with KFD by WASP. I hated it, but now i can play it and not vomit all over.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Albums you used to hate, but now love   Albums you used to hate, but now love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 8:56 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Troublezone, try to catch Exodus live sometime. Seeing Rob front the band in a live setting is what sold me over to them.

Now he's actually my favorite Exodus singer. And that's saying a lot - because I'm a HUGE freekin' Exodus fan.

I did see them once when he first joined the band but that was when i wasn't used to him. I seen Souza with Exodus a few times too... I still like Zetro better. Dukes is Ok.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Albums you used to hate, but now love   Albums you used to hate, but now love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 3:17 am

i'll add Nevermore's This Godless Endeavor. i thought it as a too progressive follow up to Enemies of Reality. it's a phenomenal album though. damn i should have been enjoying this so long ago!

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Albums you used to hate, but now love   Albums you used to hate, but now love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:28 am

kmorg wrote:
I was listening to Barren Cross' "Rattle Your Cage" album today, and for once I really loved the album. When it was new, I absolutely hated most of it. And although it has grown on me over time, today was the first time I enjoyed it from start to finish, and kept telling myself how much I really liked it!

Inspired by this post, I dusted this CD off today for the first time in awhile ... I never really "hated" the album but it has always ranked at the bottom of the BC pile for me.

There are some really good songs on here, but also some real clunkers. I love the riffing and the 'tude of "Feed the Fire" but the lyrics are clumsy as hell (What's with all the imagery about "bears?" "Feed the bears a little fire from Heaven?" WTF?). "JRM" is kinda funny on the first listen, but again, the lyrics are just goofy. I never cared for "Sick" or "The Unsuspecting" either. Mike Lee's trying to sound angry and raging but instead it sounds like he's horribly constipated on both of those songs. Albums you used to hate, but now love - Page 2 Icon_razz

However, I love the title track, "Here I Am," and "No Time To Run" especially. "Somewhere Far Away" and "Midnight Son" are also great.
The production is much grittier and more street level on this album than their older stuff, which took some getting used to when I first bought this disc in '94. I never realized how much of "the BC sound" I was familiar with was due to the Elefante brothers working their studio magic.

So to use 7thSaviour's legendary rating system, RATTLE YOUR CAGE 5/10. Albums you used to hate, but now love - Page 2 Icon_lol

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Albums you used to hate, but now love   Albums you used to hate, but now love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 12:14 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
kmorg wrote:
I was listening to Barren Cross' "Rattle Your Cage" album today, and for once I really loved the album. When it was new, I absolutely hated most of it. And although it has grown on me over time, today was the first time I enjoyed it from start to finish, and kept telling myself how much I really liked it!

Inspired by this post, I dusted this CD off today for the first time in awhile ... I never really "hated" the album but it has always ranked at the bottom of the BC pile for me.

There are some really good songs on here, but also some real clunkers. I love the riffing and the 'tude of "Feed the Fire" but the lyrics are clumsy as hell (What's with all the imagery about "bears?" "Feed the bears a little fire from Heaven?" WTF?). "JRM" is kinda funny on the first listen, but again, the lyrics are just goofy. I never cared for "Sick" or "The Unsuspecting" either. Mike Lee's trying to sound angry and raging but instead it sounds like he's horribly constipated on both of those songs. Albums you used to hate, but now love - Page 2 Icon_razz

However, I love the title track, "Here I Am," and "No Time To Run" especially. "Somewhere Far Away" and "Midnight Son" are also great.
The production is much grittier and more street level on this album than their older stuff, which took some getting used to when I first bought this disc in '94. I never realized how much of "the BC sound" I was familiar with was due to the Elefante brothers working their studio magic.

So to use 7thSaviour's legendary rating system, RATTLE YOUR CAGE 5/10. Albums you used to hate, but now love - Page 2 Icon_lol

A 5'er is what I'd give it back then too. But now I think it has grown to a 7.5. It is still my least like BC album, but it is no longer as bad as I used to think.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Albums you used to hate, but now love   Albums you used to hate, but now love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 12:17 pm

ICON - Right Between the Eyes

Haven't heard it in years. Scored a CD copy recently and really am digging it. Sounds like a long lost Whitsnake album.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Albums you used to hate, but now love   Albums you used to hate, but now love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 12:18 pm

ultmetal wrote:
ICON - Right Between the Eyes

Haven't heard it in years. Scored a CD copy recently and really am digging it. Sounds like a long lost Whitsnake album.

Excellent album, perhaps their best, imo.

PostSubject: Re: Albums you used to hate, but now love   Albums you used to hate, but now love - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Albums you used to hate, but now love
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2