Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Risk or nastradamus

Go down 
+19
Troublezone
MetalGuy71
ryanmetalman
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
Gilbert
ultmetal
Metal Misfit
FlyingV
mc666
Lurideath
the sentinel
Temple of Blood
Wargod
Jesusandmetal23
Orion Crystal Ice
Black Coffee
fingers
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

Risk or nastradamus Empty
PostSubject: Risk or nastradamus   Risk or nastradamus Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 9:15 pm

Megadeth's risk is not as bad as Judas Priest's Nastradamus clearly. Comparing Nastradamus to albums Demolition and Turbo make them look like 5 star albums. Man I am disappointed in Priest for making that awful album it is such a turkey. However I did love their Angel of Retribution album best album since Painkiller
Back to top Go down
Black Coffee
Metal student
Metal student
Black Coffee

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: Risk or nastradamus   Risk or nastradamus Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 9:24 pm

Nostradamus = Aiming for the stars, and falling short.

Risk = Aiming for s***, and succeeding.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Risk or nastradamus   Risk or nastradamus Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 9:28 pm

strange thread..but 'Risk'.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: Risk or nastradamus   Risk or nastradamus Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 9:29 pm

Risk.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Risk or nastradamus   Risk or nastradamus Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 9:40 pm

Risk!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Risk or nastradamus   Risk or nastradamus Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 9:43 pm

I still haven't heard "Risk" but when I finally listened to "Nostradamus" it was better than I thought it was going to be. There are a handful of songs on there that I really like a lot.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Risk or nastradamus   Risk or nastradamus Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 10:20 pm

I like both, but Nostradamus is much better in my humble pov.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Risk or nastradamus   Risk or nastradamus Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 1:04 am

Nostradamus by far!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Risk or nastradamus   Risk or nastradamus Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 1:13 am

Black Coffee wrote:

very well put. Risk or nastradamus 201269

FlyingV
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
FlyingV

Number of posts : 270

PostSubject: Re: Risk or nastradamus   Risk or nastradamus Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 7:30 am

I think Nostradamus is fantastic! Can't wait to see JP do a live production of the whole album. That being said I also liked Risk but it is obviuosly very out of place compared to the rest of the Megadeth catalog. If it had been done under a different band name or even a Mustaine solo effort I believe that it may have been better received overall.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Risk or nastradamus   Risk or nastradamus Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:20 am

Wow, this is actually tough for me. Both albums have their moments but there's a lot less Risk to sit through. So I'll go with Risk.

Nostradamus
would've been really good if it wasn't a double.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Risk or nastradamus   Risk or nastradamus Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:24 am

Nostradamus has a few great songs. I just think it's overly long and has too many filler and interludes mixed in. Had it been a single disc with just the best songs, I think it would have been a great Priest disc.

Risk was absolutely terrible IMO. Can't even remember the last time I listened to it.

PostSubject: Re: Risk or nastradamus   Risk or nastradamus Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 11:36 am

Both have good songs and both are weak albums in the respective bands catalog.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Risk or nastradamus   Risk or nastradamus Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 1:25 pm

Nostradamus is amazing. not the kind of albums you immediately dig, but the musicianship is quite astonishing. I fell in love with this album, as i played it on a long drive to Istanbul.

Of course, i can't wait for a a new painkiller.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Risk or nastradamus   Risk or nastradamus Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 2:45 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Nostradamus by far!

X2
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Risk or nastradamus   Risk or nastradamus Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 3:21 pm

Risk is awful. Didn't bother buying it.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Risk or nastradamus   Risk or nastradamus Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 4:41 pm

I've finally broken down and bought Risk over the weekend (paid $2.50 for it) so I'm not entirely familiar with it yet.That said,I find it .....bizarre I guess is the word I'm looking for. It's okay but it just doesn't sound like a Megadeth release.

Nostradamus is a pretty good album.It also doesn't reaaly seem like a Priest album but the songs on it are really good (the full songs,I mean;could do wthout all the interludes).

Sooo,after all that,I'm saying Nostradamus.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Risk or nastradamus   Risk or nastradamus Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 5:46 pm

I still have not gotten around to hearing Nostradamus. And I'll still take it over Risk.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Risk or nastradamus   Risk or nastradamus Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:06 pm

I've listened to RISK way more than I have ever listened to NOSTRADAMUS. I really really tried to get into NOSTRADAMUS but it did absolutely nothin' for me. (That said, it's still better than DEMOLITION...)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ryanmetalman
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ryanmetalman

Number of posts : 274

PostSubject: Re: Risk or nastradamus   Risk or nastradamus Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:21 pm

I thought "Nostradamus" was stunning, but then I like progressive metal. I suppose had I been a die hard fan of Priest, then I would be upset in the change. It certainly lacks the aggression of Demolition and Painkiller, but I did not think that it was that big a departure when you consider their whole catalog...but those are just my thoughts.

That said, I would like to hear something heavier from Priest in the future.

I can't even sit through "Risk." It has its moments, but from what I've read, those are the moments that even Dave Mustaine doesn't like. I don't even remember the last time I tried to play this album. Risk or nastradamus 124296
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Risk or nastradamus   Risk or nastradamus Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 9:52 pm

Black Coffee wrote:

I think I'll go with that one too. Sums it up nicely.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Risk or nastradamus   Risk or nastradamus Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 6:10 am

It's a two way crap fest... both suck.

Last edited by Troublezone on Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:11 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Risk or nastradamus   Risk or nastradamus Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 10:11 pm

Nostradamus by far. It contains one of my favourite Judas Priest songs. - Death.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Risk or nastradamus   Risk or nastradamus Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 7:34 pm

I couldn't even sit through a whole song from Nostradamus, plus I'm a fan boy so I'll go with Risk.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Risk or nastradamus   Risk or nastradamus Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 10:03 pm

I'll have to go with Nostradamus.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Risk or nastradamus   Risk or nastradamus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Risk or nastradamus
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next