Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nazareth more metal than Rush?

Go down 
+8
bgast1
mr.electric39
EvyMetal
James B.
Wargod
Black Coffee
stepcousin
Gilbert
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Nazareth more metal than Rush? Empty
PostSubject: Nazareth more metal than Rush?   Nazareth more metal than Rush? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 4:31 pm

I've been getting into these two bands for the last few months.

I must admit the music is amazing, and i think that Nazareth's sound is far more metal then Rush's.

What's your opinion?
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Nazareth more metal than Rush?   Nazareth more metal than Rush? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:23 pm

Neither was 'metal' but Nazareth is possibly a bit more metal than early Rush. Rush was "metal" for their first 3 or possibly 4 albums, Naz was hard rock metalish for most of the 70's, although they were much more bluesy than metal. Funny, I always listen to Rush but just yesterday I listened to "Loud N Proud" and "Hair Of The Dog" for the first time in quite a while. I grew up listening to those back in '75-76, along with "Close Enough For Rock N Roll" and "Razamanaz".
Back to top Go down
Black Coffee
Metal student
Metal student
Black Coffee

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: Nazareth more metal than Rush?   Nazareth more metal than Rush? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 9:32 pm

Nazareth's music is heavier than a lot of Rush's music, but Nazareth have never done anything as heavy as Bytor and the Snow Dog, Anthem, The Temples of Syrinx, or Witch Hunt (to name a few)

Therefore, Rush wins. Nazareth more metal than Rush? Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Nazareth more metal than Rush?   Nazareth more metal than Rush? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 9:40 pm

70's Nazareth is the best they were at their peak. I have every album they put out.

My fav would be Rampant!

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Nazareth more metal than Rush?   Nazareth more metal than Rush? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 10:51 pm

Nazareth is one of my favorite bands. I have a $hitload of their stuff on vinyl. From the S/t debut to "Snakes and Ladders"

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Nazareth more metal than Rush?   Nazareth more metal than Rush? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 1:31 pm

By the way, any fans of Rush's counterpart? I love this weird album.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Nazareth more metal than Rush?   Nazareth more metal than Rush? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 2:15 pm

I am not too familiar with Nazareth, all I've got is Hair Of The Dog, so I would have to say Rush is more metal. If anyone has the chance, check out Different Stages (live album). Geddy's bass is freakin awesome on the 2112 songs.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Nazareth more metal than Rush?   Nazareth more metal than Rush? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 12:44 am

Gilbert wrote:

YES !!

Very different but heavy duty for Rush.... I thought there was some very good material there. Definately some 'metalesque' stuff...

Nazareth more metal than Rush? 56834
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Nazareth more metal than Rush?   Nazareth more metal than Rush? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 4:53 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

YES !!

Very different but heavy duty for Rush.... I thought there was some very good material there. Definately some 'metalesque' stuff...

Nazareth more metal than Rush? 56834

I agree. This is the album that got me into RUSH in the first place.
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

PostSubject: Re: Nazareth more metal than Rush?   Nazareth more metal than Rush? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 2:58 am

I enjoy both bands.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Nazareth more metal than Rush?   Nazareth more metal than Rush? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 8:26 am

Rush's musicianship is more metal imo. Nazareth is more vibe heavy.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Nazareth more metal than Rush?   Nazareth more metal than Rush? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 9:40 pm

Hair of the Dog is a great album. More metal than Rush? I think so, at least. Rush is clearly more progressive rock, while Nazareth were straight forward and rocked harder. 70's metal, proto metal, if you wish.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Nazareth more metal than Rush?   Nazareth more metal than Rush? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 9:43 pm

Dan McCafferty. Scottish bad-boy with an attitude. Don't like him? He'll kick your ass.
Nazareth more metal than Rush? Dan-mccafferty
Geddy Lee. Canadian wimp with a squeaky voice. Don't Like him? He'll write a song about it.
Nazareth more metal than Rush? 20630

Nazareth wins.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Nazareth more metal than Rush?   Nazareth more metal than Rush? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:14 pm

Yup, that about sums it up.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Nazareth more metal than Rush?   Nazareth more metal than Rush? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:41 pm

Neither are Metal but Nazreth is a good band, as is Rush dont worry liking them doesnt make anyone any less of a "Metalhead"
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Nazareth more metal than Rush?   Nazareth more metal than Rush? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 1:43 am

Quote :
Geddy Lee. Canadian wimp with a squeaky voice. Don't Like him? He'll write a song about it.
Nazareth more metal than Rush? 20630

Or... he'll ram his bass up your arse and flick the E string.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nazareth more metal than Rush?   Nazareth more metal than Rush? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nazareth more metal than Rush?
Page 1 of 1