Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rush vs Nazareth

Go down 
+8
mc666
tohostudios
Metallic Blaze
Schbopo
manny
Jesusandmetal23
Wargod
Gilbert
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Rush vs Nazareth Empty
PostSubject: Rush vs Nazareth   Rush vs Nazareth Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 5:01 pm

Which one rulesin your opinion? I'd go for Nazareth
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Rush vs Nazareth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rush vs Nazareth   Rush vs Nazareth Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 5:41 pm

I like both, both have different styles. Rush more prog rock, Nazareth more bluesy hard rock. But if I had to choose Naz for me!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

Rush vs Nazareth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rush vs Nazareth   Rush vs Nazareth Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 6:01 pm

Rush is my all time favorite band, so I'm going with Rush.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Rush vs Nazareth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rush vs Nazareth   Rush vs Nazareth Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 7:25 pm

I am a fan of both bands but I have to go with Rush, thou personally I think it is as strange comparison and both bands have very little, if anything in common.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Rush vs Nazareth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rush vs Nazareth   Rush vs Nazareth Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 8:07 pm

Yeah, love them both, but I gotta go with Rush.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Rush vs Nazareth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rush vs Nazareth   Rush vs Nazareth Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 8:24 pm

manny wrote:
I am a fan of both bands but I have to go with Rush, thou personally I think it is as strange comparison and both bands have very little, if anything in common.

They are both 70s I guess is the common thread.

I must vote for RUSH!!! They RULE!!!

Nazereth is good too though, but I don't own any of their albums.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Rush vs Nazareth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rush vs Nazareth   Rush vs Nazareth Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 8:26 pm

This should've been a poll.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Rush vs Nazareth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rush vs Nazareth   Rush vs Nazareth Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 8:31 pm

This isn't even close IMO.

As much as I despise the prog machine Rush has become since the 80s, their output in the 70s made them one of my favorites.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Rush vs Nazareth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rush vs Nazareth   Rush vs Nazareth Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 8:49 pm

Rush's first album alone sh*ts all over anything Nazareth ever put out. that being said, i still like Nazareth.

Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Rush vs Nazareth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rush vs Nazareth   Rush vs Nazareth Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 8:51 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:

Nazereth is good too though, but I don't own any of their albums.

RAZAMANAZ
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Rush vs Nazareth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rush vs Nazareth   Rush vs Nazareth Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 2:05 am

manny wrote:

It's true they have nothing in common, musically speaking. It's just that they're both quite old, and have delivered some excellent albums throughout their careers.

I got into these two bands a couple of years ago, and i must admit that they both rank at the top of my shopping priorities.

This is why i was curious about comparing them.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

Rush vs Nazareth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rush vs Nazareth   Rush vs Nazareth Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 5:53 am

Nazareth were great from about '73-'79-ish although I dont think most of their albums during that time were great from beginning to end. they cranked out 6 studio albums in a 3 year period from '73-76 and they ruled the rock world for a short period of time in that era. Some songs were legendary 70's rock and others make you want to hit the skip button. They had a softer side and wrote some great ballads that are often overlooked. I think they ran out of creative juice somewhere around the beginning of the 80's.

Rush, well in my opinion, could do no wrong from 1975 to 1981 and maybe Signals to some extent. Rush '75-81 might be my altime favorite era of any band. From there they slowly but surely left their diehard fans out to dry and pretty much never got it back again as far as studio albums go. As for playing live, they kinda recaptured some of the magic and are really playing their butts off these days (since they reunited in 2002) and they are breaking out alot of oldies (albiet slower and in a lower key most of the time). Still, theyre holding up pretty well for some old geezers.
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

Rush vs Nazareth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rush vs Nazareth   Rush vs Nazareth Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:42 am

Overall I pick Nazareth
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Rush vs Nazareth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rush vs Nazareth   Rush vs Nazareth Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 11:12 am

I quit buying Nazareth albums about the same time I quit buying Rush albums. Bought my last new vinyl by each in 1989.

Rush are better musicians
Nazareth is more fun and has more variety in their catalog.

Rush has interesting album covers.
Nazareth have kewler ones.

Rush puts on great shows
Nazareth can be very boring onstage

What MC666 said was clever and funny....

"Rush's first album alone sh*ts all over anything Nazareth ever put out. that being said, i still like Nazareth."

But pretty much the truth

Metal student
Metal student
Black Coffee

Number of posts : 119

Rush vs Nazareth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rush vs Nazareth   Rush vs Nazareth Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 9:44 pm

I like Nazareth, but Rush is in a whole other league.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rush vs Nazareth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rush vs Nazareth   Rush vs Nazareth Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rush vs Nazareth
Page 1 of 1