Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Damn Yankees are the greatest band ever!!

Go down 
+11
7thSaviour
DeathCult
Addy
Schbopo
DallasBlack
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
tohostudios
manny
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Damn Yankees are the greatest band ever!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn Yankees are the greatest band ever!!   Damn Yankees are the greatest band ever!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 4:10 am

I picked up a Damn Yankees cd last weekend. Quite good actually. ROCK CITY is easily my favourite track:

Am I the only one to notice that the intro has a strong Riot feel?

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Damn Yankees are the greatest band ever!!   Damn Yankees are the greatest band ever!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 6:57 am

I loved them when the first album came out. I was a huge fan of Night Ranger, Styx and Nuge. They put on a fantastic concert. I saw them on both tours. Went backstage on the Don't Tread tour.

Damn Yankees are the greatest band ever!! - Page 2 Damn-yanks

That's me behind Tommy Shaw with the white cap and white shirt. My brother is to Tommy's right (the guy who looks similar to a modern Tracii Guns).
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Damn Yankees are the greatest band ever!!   Damn Yankees are the greatest band ever!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:00 am

And I might add that Jack Blades has the memory of an elephant. I met him on the first tour at the radio station. I was just a dumb kid that did not know what to say. I had him sign my Damn Yankees CD and a Night Ranger CD. Just casual talk, he was very friendly. When the next tour came around and we went backstage for the photo-op he came up to me and said "Hey Mike, how have you been doing?". I was impressed that he not only remembered me but he remembered my name. On the Don't Tread tour my brother stayed backstage for the entire Bad Company set and talked to Ted for over an hour before they went on stage.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Damn Yankees are the greatest band ever!!   Damn Yankees are the greatest band ever!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:19 am

Thanks for sharing man.

I did also see Ted Nugent's Spirit Of The Wild at my record shop. Will probably pick it up next.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Damn Yankees are the greatest band ever!!   Damn Yankees are the greatest band ever!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 4:24 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
I loved them when the first album came out. I was a huge fan of Night Ranger, Styx and Nuge. They put on a fantastic concert. I saw them on both tours. Went backstage on the Don't Tread tour.

That's me behind Tommy Shaw with the white cap and white shirt. My brother is to Tommy's right (the guy who looks similar to a modern Tracii Guns).

I can see the “modern” Tracii Guns similarity! And maybe a bit of Don Barnes from 38 Special too.

mikeinfla likes this post

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Damn Yankees are the greatest band ever!!   Damn Yankees are the greatest band ever!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 6:52 pm

mikeinfla wrote:

Cool pic !

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Damn Yankees are the greatest band ever!!   Damn Yankees are the greatest band ever!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2020 7:21 pm

I haven't thought of Damn Yankees in decades!  In fact I had to look up some songs just to remember them.  I did see them in concert with opener Jackyl back in the early 90s but I was there for Jackyl and the only reason I even remember DY was because Ted shot a flaming arrow.

But listening to (and then remembering) a few DY songs, now I know why I have a few DY CDs.  They sound exactly like what they are: Styx meets Night Ranger with Ted Nugent's guitar backbone.  I really should dig my DY discs out for a fresh re-listen after all this time.  I really enjoy the harmonies between Blades and Shaw - they're almost "Eagles-esque"; like Henley and Frey.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Damn Yankees are the greatest band ever!!   Damn Yankees are the greatest band ever!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Damn Yankees are the greatest band ever!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2