Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HAMMERFALL

Go down 
+19
nevermore
Cliffy
MetalRob331
metalheaded
krokus
kmorg
Ultimate.Nightmare
Metallic Blaze
the sentinel
thejokeriv
Gilbert
FlyingV
Temple of Blood
Orion Crystal Ice
ultmetal
scottmitchell74
Glenn Rogers
7thSaviour
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

HAMMERFALL - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HAMMERFALL   HAMMERFALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 6:27 am

Loves me some HammerFall. Although my fandom has been weakened over the years, I still buy everything they release. Have seen them live twice, and hope to catch them in concert again some time.

HammerFall were never power metal though. They are influenced by classic bands, such as Stormwich, Judas Priest, Warlord, Accept, Twisted Sister etc. And althought they have a more updated sonical production, they are still 100% heavy metal, no sub genre needed. They also were very instrumental in getting classic metal back on the map when they were signed to Nuclear Blast in 1997. For that alone they deserve massive credit.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: HAMMERFALL   HAMMERFALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:04 am

1.LOK
2.Glory To The Brave
3.CT
4.Renegade
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: HAMMERFALL   HAMMERFALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 2:06 am

Wow, you don't view Hammerfall as power metal? Weird.

They are certainly power metal to me and the guys I hang with.

But to each his own ... it's not a big deal either way.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: HAMMERFALL   HAMMERFALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 12:54 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:

POWER METAL! HAMMERFALL - Page 2 11840
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: HAMMERFALL   HAMMERFALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 1:26 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:

Again, power metal is something in between classic metal and thrash. Metal Church is a perfect example. Iced Earth is a more modern example. HammerFall is not even close to being as heavy as those bands.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: HAMMERFALL   HAMMERFALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 7:34 am

kmorg wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

Again, power metal is something in between classic metal and thrash. Metal Church is a perfect example. Iced Earth is a more modern example. HammerFall is not even close to being as heavy as those bands.

That's because those bands epitomize the 'American' style of power metal. A much heavier twin to it's European melodic counterpart, with thrash flavorings.

Hammerfall is of the 'European' breed. Some call it flower metal. I call it KILLER!!!

Both forms of power metal are heavily influenced by classic metal though, so it's sometimes a hard call. I certainly don't mean to argue with ya.

HAMMERFALL - Page 2 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: HAMMERFALL   HAMMERFALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 9:13 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

That's because those bands epitomize the 'American' style of power metal. A much heavier twin to it's European melodic counterpart, with thrash flavorings.

Hammerfall is of the 'European' breed. Some call it flower metal. I call it KILLER!!!

Both forms of power metal are heavily influenced by classic metal though, so it's sometimes a hard call. I certainly don't mean to argue with ya.

HAMMERFALL - Page 2 11840
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: HAMMERFALL   HAMMERFALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 10:42 am

Love Hammerfall. I need to get a few more of theirs to complete the collection.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: HAMMERFALL   HAMMERFALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 5:51 pm

007 wrote:
Love Hammerfall. I need to get a few more of theirs to complete the collection.

Same here.

They are in my top 10 favorite bands of all time list.

HAMMERFALL - Page 2 604261
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: HAMMERFALL   HAMMERFALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 12:54 pm

I have 'em all!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: HAMMERFALL   HAMMERFALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 1:30 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

No argument, just discussing. But do you really think I am not familiar with the difference between European and American power metalIt's just that HammerFall doesn't fit the European style of power metal either. The European so-called power metal is in fact erronously called so. This style was largely derivated from bands like Helloween, Running Wuild and GEave Digger, the European bands that started out as speed metal, but evolved more and more into a more classical metal mode over the years. The blend was called melodic speed metal for a while, but in time people slapped the power metal tag on it, mostly after it's new "rebirth" in the mid to late '90's. Anf herein lies the "problem"; HammerFall was largely responsible for this wave, and was quickly lumped in the same category as the bands that followed, like Primal Fear, Gamma Ray, Freedom Call etc. BUT, HammerFAll never sounded like those bands. They didn't incorporate speed metal to their sound. They always had a basic, old school heavy metal style, and can only ble classified thereafter.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: HAMMERFALL   HAMMERFALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 4:58 pm

kmorg wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

No argument, just discussing. But do you really think I am not familiar with the difference between European and American power metalIt's just that HammerFall doesn't fit the European style of power metal either. The European so-called power metal is in fact erronously called so. This style was largely derivated from bands like Helloween, Running Wuild and GEave Digger, the European bands that started out as speed metal, but evolved more and more into a more classical metal mode over the years. The blend was called melodic speed metal for a while, but in time people slapped the power metal tag on it, mostly after it's new "rebirth" in the mid to late '90's. Anf herein lies the "problem"; HammerFall was largely responsible for this wave, and was quickly lumped in the same category as the bands that followed, like Primal Fear, Gamma Ray, Freedom Call etc. BUT, HammerFAll never sounded like those bands. They didn't incorporate speed metal to their sound. They always had a basic, old school heavy metal style, and can only ble classified thereafter.
Good point there, Kmorg! HAMMERFALL - Page 2 604261
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: HAMMERFALL   HAMMERFALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 5:34 pm

FlyingV wrote:
Really like Hammerfall quite a bit. I have all of their CD's and have seen them live a few times. They put on a good show.

Same HAMMERFALL - Page 2 11840
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: HAMMERFALL   HAMMERFALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 5:36 pm

I think HAMMERFALL sounded like a EURO POWER metal band with CRIMSON THUNDER and V, before those two albums and after they sound more like a euro heavy metal band.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: HAMMERFALL   HAMMERFALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 8:44 pm

I can actually see how someone would call Hammerfall a classic metal band.

I think they actually mix both classic and power metal up in their sound.

I think kmorg and I are both right - just in different ways.

HAMMERFALL - Page 2 438278
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: HAMMERFALL   HAMMERFALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 4:51 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:

I can live with that Very Happy

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: HAMMERFALL   HAMMERFALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 5:00 am

HAMMERFALL - Page 2 26156
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: HAMMERFALL   HAMMERFALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 9:20 am

The only one I've heard is the one I have, which is Legacy of Kings. Pretty good album. I like it and it gets spun somewhat regularly.

It would be a LOT better, though, IMO, if it had more grit in it. Joacim's vocals were either mixed to where they sound a little too soft and gentle, or it's just how he sings on there, but it kinda makes me think he was just sitting down and relaxing as he recorded his vocals, heh heh... The music is mixed pretty well, but I think it could have still used just a tad more "oomph" to it, if that makes sense...

I do like it to the point to where I want more of their stuff...it's just a matter of time before I get some more. And a shirt, or two.

headbanger
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: HAMMERFALL   HAMMERFALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 9:25 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:

HAMMERFALL - Page 2 911681 HAMMERFALL - Page 2 320592 HAMMERFALL - Page 2 778825
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: HAMMERFALL   HAMMERFALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:09 am

Name your Top 5 or fewer most fave HF classics!

1.Dreamland
2.At The End Of The Rainbow
3.Where The Dragon Lies Bleeding
4.Trailblazers
5.Any Means Necessary
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: HAMMERFALL   HAMMERFALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:35 am

7thSaviour wrote:
Name your Top 5 or fewer most fave HF classics!

1.Dreamland
2.At The End Of The Rainbow
3.Where The Dragon Lies Bleeding
4.Trailblazers
5.Any Means Necessary

Thats impossible... I will name the ones that come to mind...

Let The Hammer Fall
The Unforgiving Blade
A Legend Reborn
A Hero's Return
Crimson Thunder
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HAMMERFALL   HAMMERFALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:38 am

It is impossible but here goes.

Crimson Thunder
Glory To The Brave
Where The Dragon Lies Bleeding
Renegade
Blood Bound
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: HAMMERFALL   HAMMERFALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 4:26 pm

Hammerfall are one of those bands i got bored of listening to, as their music became repetetive...

They still rock hard though.
Back to top Go down
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

Number of posts : 415

PostSubject: Re: HAMMERFALL   HAMMERFALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 6:01 pm

Hammerfall is my favorite modern era classic metal band, followed closely by Edguy (Edguy would be my favorite if all their albums were as good as Hellfire Club).

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: HAMMERFALL   HAMMERFALL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 6:10 pm

I like Hammerfall. I'll admit I haven't picked up any of their latest cds. Renegade and Crimson Thunder are my favorites.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HAMMERFALL   HAMMERFALL - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HAMMERFALL
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next