Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any fans for Babylon AD

Go down 
+13
the sentinel
nevermore
krokus
jstate
7thSaviour
scottmitchell74
MetalGuy71
James B.
Fat Freddy
Eyesore
tohostudios
Metal Misfit
fingers
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Any fans for Babylon AD - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any fans for Babylon AD   Any fans for Babylon AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 8:51 pm

the sentinel wrote:
I have everything except "American Blitzkrieg" as I haven't found a good price yet. I have the first two on cassette (including promo versions) and all the cassette singles from those albums. I am working on getting some vinyl of them.

I still remember vividly running to grab a blank tape to throw in the player to record "Bang Go The Bells" off of the Z Rock 50 countdown back in '89.

Yeah, Glower, you are right, the 2nd album is more dark and serious than the first. I gotta be in the mood for that one.

Dammit!

I know I have/had this one:

Any fans for Babylon AD - Page 2 910qTI2Ru1L._SS500_

It's sort of a memorable album cover.  And I remember HATING the album so either I sold it off before I knew it was worth anything or it's misfiled in the Toho Vault because I just checked and I can't find it.  I was going to offer it for sale but I guess I should first see if I even still have it.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Any fans for Babylon AD   Any fans for Babylon AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 9:02 pm

Babylon A.D.'s debut is being re-issued with bonus tracks for anyone interested.

Babylon A.D.‘s debut self-titled album, which was first released via Arista Records in September 1989, has been reissued by Bad Reputation Records with seven bonus tracks. You can purchase the reissued album directly from Bad Reputation‘s website.

Track List for reissued Babylon A.D.:
01. Bang Go The Bells
02. Hammer Swings Down
03. Caught Up In The Crossfire
04. Desperate
05. The Kid Goes Wild
06. Shot O’Love
07. Maryanne
08. Back In Babylon
09. Sweet Temptation
10. Sally Danced
Bonus Tracks:
11. Bang Go The Bells (Live)
12. Desperate (Live)
13. Sally Danced (Live)
14. The Kid Goes Wild (Robo Mix)
15. The Kid Goes Wild (Think It Over Mix)
16. Bang Go The Bells (Friction Mix)
17. Bang Go The Bells (Fat-Bottom Mix)

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Any fans for Babylon AD   Any fans for Babylon AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 9:34 pm

I never had any of their albums... but I do remember them from that Robocop movie soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Any fans for Babylon AD   Any fans for Babylon AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 9:39 pm

They definitely sound similar to bands like Dangerous Toys and Skid Row! Good stuff! Maybe it’s time for me to buy the debut. It’s just 30 years later... Razz
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Any fans for Babylon AD   Any fans for Babylon AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 9:44 pm

This reminds me of another somewhat forgotten band from the same time as Babylon AD.

Asphalt Ballet

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Any fans for Babylon AD   Any fans for Babylon AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 10:41 pm

This band has been on my want list forever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any fans for Babylon AD   Any fans for Babylon AD - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any fans for Babylon AD
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2