Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Babylon A.D.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

Babylon A.D. Empty
PostSubject: Babylon A.D.   Babylon A.D. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 8:59 am

No, not the band, the sci-fi movie starring Vin Diesel!! I saw this trailer on TV for the first time last night and got a chuckle when I saw the title.

I wonder if the band can get some $$ from the movie studio for the use of their name? Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Babylon A.D. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon A.D.   Babylon A.D. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 11:18 am

I watched his Disney Pacifier movie on TV last weekend and they played this trailer a million times. I thought the same thing, FF. It seems as though with a title like this it should be a Star Trek (or ST spinoff) movie.

Btw, I like the band too, although "Nothing Sacred" is not as good as the S/T album.
Back to top Go down

Babylon A.D. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon A.D.   Babylon A.D. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 11:53 am

I'm betting that the band doesn't own the name. Or at least haven't trademarked it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Babylon A.D. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon A.D.   Babylon A.D. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 12:18 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I'm betting that the band doesn't own the name. Or at least haven't trademarked it.

Most likely. The "A.D." was tacked on to the name at the last minute when they got signed anyway, if memory serves. They were simply known as "Babylon" (generic huh?) and apparently found out that there was another band out there by that name so they had to make a change.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Babylon A.D. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon A.D.   Babylon A.D. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 12:27 pm

All I know is that the chick in that is a major hottie. What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

Babylon A.D. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon A.D.   Babylon A.D. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 1:15 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
When you make your first kill, let us know. We'll throw a party! drunken
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Babylon A.D. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon A.D.   Babylon A.D. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 1:39 pm

Eyesore wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Like I'm going to tell anybody when I kill someone! silent I refuse to be included in one of those "Dumbest Criminal" books. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

Babylon A.D. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon A.D.   Babylon A.D. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:02 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Like I'm going to tell anybody when I kill someone! silent I refuse to be included in one of those "Dumbest Criminal" books. Cool
How about Killers with the Most Glamorous Hairstyles?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Babylon A.D. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon A.D.   Babylon A.D. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:18 pm

More like "Killers With The Largest Knife Collections".

Babylon A.D. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon A.D.   Babylon A.D. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:59 pm

tohostudios wrote:
More like "Killers With The Largest Knife Collections".
Not as intriguing, though. You sort of expect that sort of thing. The Feathered-Wolf hairstyle, though? Unexpected. It would be a hot seller, for sure.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Babylon A.D. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon A.D.   Babylon A.D. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 7:14 pm

Cool that you started this thread....just the other day Babylon A.D. - Nothing Sacred was on the cd changer and after each song my youngest girl would come up to me and say "I like that song"....each time. She asked me to repeat "Redemption" three times before I said "enough!". I was surprised, it was the first album she had a unanimous opinion on.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Babylon A.D. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon A.D.   Babylon A.D. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 7:22 pm

Bang go the bells!.....

That disc is great!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Babylon A.D. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon A.D.   Babylon A.D. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 7:23 pm

And what about the one with Sam Kinnison screaming in the middle? The Kid Goes Wild!

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Babylon A.D. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon A.D.   Babylon A.D. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 7:34 pm

I think you had a lot to do with me getting that cd.....
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Babylon A.D. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon A.D.   Babylon A.D. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 7:38 pm

Nothing Sacred is decent but the S/T rules!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Babylon A.D. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon A.D.   Babylon A.D. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 8:54 pm

tohostudios wrote:

They're both decent discs, tho I prefer the S/T by a hair. I saw them live twice back when they were pimping the S/T and they were a heck of a booty whompin live band too!!

As for the movie... mehh, I'll wait for the DVD.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Babylon A.D. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon A.D.   Babylon A.D. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 8:58 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

They're both decent discs, tho I prefer the S/T by a hair. I saw them live twice back when they were pimping the S/T and they were a heck of a booty whompin live band too!!

As for the movie... mehh, I'll wait for the DVD.

Regarding the movie, me too. In fact, the next Saw installment will be the first movie I've seen in a theater in about 8 years.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Babylon A.D. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon A.D.   Babylon A.D. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 8:59 pm

tohostudios wrote:

Regarding the movie, me too. In fact, the next Saw installment will be the first movie I've seen in a theater in about 8 years.

I have kids now so the only movies I get to see in theatres have talking animals in them. The last time I saw a movie for "me" was the first Spider-Man. That was what, 2001 or '02? Yea, it's been awhile.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Babylon A.D. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babylon A.D.   Babylon A.D. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Babylon A.D.
Page 1 of 1