Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any fans for Babylon AD

Go down 
+13
the sentinel
nevermore
krokus
jstate
7thSaviour
scottmitchell74
MetalGuy71
James B.
Fat Freddy
Eyesore
tohostudios
Metal Misfit
fingers
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

Any fans for Babylon AD Empty
PostSubject: Any fans for Babylon AD   Any fans for Babylon AD Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 7:48 pm

heard the kid goes wild and its awesome and I think they are an underrated glam metal band
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Any fans for Babylon AD   Any fans for Babylon AD Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 7:58 pm

Babylon is good stuff. I really like their first two albums (the only I've heard).

You may want to check out Syrym. Their debut album is really good and came out in '08. Guitarist Ron Freschi and drummer Jamey Pacheco are in the band.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Any fans for Babylon AD   Any fans for Babylon AD Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 8:22 pm

Yep!
"Bang go the bells!!"

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Any fans for Babylon AD   Any fans for Babylon AD Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 11:13 pm

One of my favorite bands of that era. I saw them tour for the debut at Derringers Rock Club in Brockton waaaaaaay back in the day.

https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=146816273591&v=info

Check out how many killer bands are in the photo section. As a teen, I saw Stryper, Steelheart, Biohazard, Wargasm, Forbidden, Testament, Mucky Pup, just countless killer bands. And then it closed down. =(

Anyway, Syrym is really good, too. Better than the third Babylon A.D. disc, which wasn't so bad but had too many songs with too much modern influence. Syrym actually cover one of the better songs from that disc, "The Sky Is Falling," but their version isn't as good.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Any fans for Babylon AD   Any fans for Babylon AD Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 11:14 pm

Also, Babylon A.D. were not a glam band.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Any fans for Babylon AD   Any fans for Babylon AD Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 11:37 pm

Excellent band! Saw'em live twice back when they were touring for the first album. They could throw down live too. Unfortunately, I think they came to the Hair Metal Major-Label Signing Fiesta just a little too late.

The debut and NOTHING SACRED albums still get a lotta spins from me.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Any fans for Babylon AD   Any fans for Babylon AD Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 11:48 pm

I throw them into the Tora Tora< Dangerous Toys thang. Like Faster Freddycat said... got caught up in that major label "glam" trip a lil too late and unfairly got the label.

I caught part of a show once and never have owned anything but what I've heard either on regular radio and satelite stations hasn't turned me off. I have always said that there were alot of better bands out there than what got signed. Much less than those that broke big.

Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Any fans for Babylon AD   Any fans for Babylon AD Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 4:54 am

Eyesore wrote:
Also, Babylon A.D. were not a glam band.

probably the same sub genre as Guns N Roses
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Any fans for Babylon AD   Any fans for Babylon AD Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 9:46 am

My favorite part of "RoboCop 2" is when you can hear Babylon A.D.'s "The Kid Goes Wild" playing in the background during the video-arcade scene Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Any fans for Babylon AD   Any fans for Babylon AD Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 10:25 am

These guys slipped under my radar back in the day. I hear them from time to time on sattelite radio and they sound pretty decent, but I never felt compelled to seek them out. Maybe back in the day, but not in 2010.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Any fans for Babylon AD   Any fans for Babylon AD Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 10:43 am

I very much enjoy the one ablum I have.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Any fans for Babylon AD   Any fans for Babylon AD Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 11:02 am

I LOVE Babylon A.D.! Been a fan for 20 years now!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Any fans for Babylon AD   Any fans for Babylon AD Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 2:47 am

http://www.myspace.com/babylonadtheband

Looks like they've recorded a 20th Anniversary version of "Bang Go The Bells." Sounds like butt, if you ask me. Way too processed and weak. It has no balls at all.

But I guess the original line-up has regrouped for a new album. Despite American Blitzkrieg having some too-modern songs there were quite a few really good ones on it, particularly "Magic Mary," "One Way Ride," and "The Sky Is Falling." So a new album has potential.

Of course, if it sounds like this new re-recording it'll be hard to listen to.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Any fans for Babylon AD   Any fans for Babylon AD Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 9:21 am

I am glad to hear they're back together and working on new music!
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Any fans for Babylon AD   Any fans for Babylon AD Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:07 am

Babylon AD's first album is a pure nostalgia trip for me. At the time I had gone through a rough break-up - so my mood wasn't real healthy. I came across this record somehow and it became a soundtrack to that summer (1990). It never left my walkman for long. Still frequently play it today. The Sam Kinison part in The Kid Goes Wild is tough though.

Despite loving this record, I didn't pick up Nothing Sacred until many years later. That one is also a frequent player too.

At one point Bang Go The Bells became a way over used phrase amongst my friends. "So how was last night? Any bang go the bells?". "It was like bang go the bells". Any and everything would come down to that phrase. Best part was, except for my buddy Kyle, nobody else knew it's origin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any fans for Babylon AD   Any fans for Babylon AD Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 12:28 pm

Only have the first one but it's quality 80's metal. I'll have to check out more.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Any fans for Babylon AD   Any fans for Babylon AD Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 1:02 pm

I think the debut is one of best to ever come out of that era. Top 10, easy. It's a brilliant slab of 80s rock.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Any fans for Babylon AD   Any fans for Babylon AD Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 5:15 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
I am glad to hear they're back together and working on new music!

Me too.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Any fans for Babylon AD   Any fans for Babylon AD Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 5:23 pm

One of the more underrated bands of the 80's. I think they should have been way more popular than what they were.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Any fans for Babylon AD   Any fans for Babylon AD Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 6:01 pm

I have had the s/t for a long time, after having it on cassette forever, but it took a while to find "Nothing Sacred" on cd. Both are great in my opinion, but I play the s/t far more often. Peace.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Any fans for Babylon AD   Any fans for Babylon AD Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 2:29 am

You woulda thunk living in the San Francisco Bay area woulda made me a Babylon AD fan and you woulda thunk incorrectly....

I never really thought they were all that good... to each their own...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Any fans for Babylon AD   Any fans for Babylon AD Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 8:24 pm

Just got “ Nothing Sacred “ CD. Not bad !
1992 - recorded in Sunset studio L.A and North Hollywood -
Ah, during the fast and sad decline of metal.
Liner notes say Jeff Scott Soto - additional background vocals -
Anyways - a strong L.A Guns Hollywood Vampires vibe -
Not much fluff - on the serious side - a touch of darkness for sure.

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Any fans for Babylon AD   Any fans for Babylon AD Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 8:43 pm

I have everything except "American Blitzkrieg" as I haven't found a good price yet. I have the first two on cassette (including promo versions) and all the cassette singles from those albums. I am working on getting some vinyl of them.

I still remember vividly running to grab a blank tape to throw in the player to record "Bang Go The Bells" off of the Z Rock 50 countdown back in '89.

Yeah, Glower, you are right, the 2nd album is more dark and serious than the first. I gotta be in the mood for that one.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Any fans for Babylon AD   Any fans for Babylon AD Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 8:43 pm

Yeah that one's not horrible but for me it's not even close to the debut.  I still spin that one once in a while which is more than I can say for a lot of albums from that time.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Any fans for Babylon AD   Any fans for Babylon AD Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 8:47 pm

I think the brunette is the same girl from Britny Fox's "Girlschool" video. Haha. I had such a crush on her years ago, Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any fans for Babylon AD   Any fans for Babylon AD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any fans for Babylon AD
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next