Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Status Quo

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Status Quo Empty
PostSubject: Status Quo   Status Quo Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 6:53 pm

Status Quo Quo
A contender for my new favorite band. From the very second that I heard the opening chords to "Caroline", I've been hooked. Pounding three-chord rock with no fluff and nothing on top. The guitar partnership of Francis Rossi and Rick Parfitt is one of the best I've ever seen, and they've even got a talented pianist in Andrew Bown, who lays down some tasty boogie-woogie Jerry Lee Lewis style stuff. They're like all the best elements of bands like Slade and AC/DC (well, not as metal as AC/DC, but still) rolled into one. So far I've only got a select few of their records, as they're pretty hard to come by out here, but I really like what I hear. Unfortunately, most of us US citizens never heard of em'. Never once heard a Quo song on the radio or a compilation or anything. The only hit song they really had here was the old, psychedelic tune "Pictures Of Matchstick Men" (and even that isn't remembered much). Curse you Brits for keeping all the good rock n' roll to yourselves!
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Status Quo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Quo   Status Quo Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 7:10 pm

Their stuff from the early 70's pretty much created and defined boogie rock. The following albums are a must (for me at least).

Ma Kelly's Greasy Spoon
Dog of Two Head
Quo
Blue For You
Hello
Piledriver

Piledriver is the only one that anybody ever heard of over here, but it's far from their best, being overtitled and somewhat over-rated. It wasn't their most "Piledriving" album.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Status Quo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Quo   Status Quo Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 9:36 pm

I have said it before saw this guys live when I was in the U.K., their albums pale in comparison but listen to the man above you, start with the albums he mentioned, well maybe not the 'Dogs of Two Heads' not a good one to start with but the rest are winners.
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

Status Quo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Quo   Status Quo Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:41 am

I remember they were the opening band in the UK during Live Aid. To be honest, even though I have heard some of their stuff, I have never been a big fan. They are talented, that is for sure. Just a band I never really got into.
Back to top Go down
Forhekset
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 4

Status Quo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Quo   Status Quo Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 1:17 pm

Legends. Seen them 3 times.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Status Quo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Quo   Status Quo Icon_minitime