Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What country creates the best metal?

Go down 
+26
MetalRob331
SAHB Healer
scottmitchell74
EvyMetal
Metallic Blaze
Schbopo
stormspell
mc666
sheets
Lari
James B.
FlyingV
325ad
Addy
GrandNational
Glenn Rogers
manny
Stender
Fat Freddy
Orion Crystal Ice
Dave the Boss
Thrasher73
Hamer12
MetalGuy71
Gilbert
Temple of Blood
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

What country creates the best metal? Empty
PostSubject: What country creates the best metal?   What country creates the best metal? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:04 pm

I started this topic years ago when I came here for the first time, so now I want to see what everyone thinks a couple years later.

What country do you think creates the best metal?

What country creates the best metal? Rippled-german-flag-720

Deutschland for me. What country creates the best metal? Icon_cheers Grave Digger, Rage, Sodom, Kreator, Sinner, Running Wild, U.D.O., Accept, Scorpions, Blind Guardian, Primal Fear, Victory, etc etc etc. All favorites of mine. The kings of metal are from that land. I don't know what is in the water, but they got it down to a science in Germany. Can't wait to go there one day. Smile

How 'bout you?
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the best metal?   What country creates the best metal? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:09 pm

USA
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the best metal?   What country creates the best metal? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:10 pm

Germany. The list is impressive: Helloween, UDO, Grave Digger, Sodom, Blind Guardian, Kreator, Vanize...Just to name a few.

(And the cars are impressive too)

What's your secret, Deutshland?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the best metal?   What country creates the best metal? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:14 pm

The majority of my favorite bands tend to be American, so by default I'd say America. England's probably 2nd and Germany 3rd I guess.

Generally speaking, I don't give much thought to a bands country of origin. If it's good and I like it, I don't care where they are from.

Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the best metal?   What country creates the best metal? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:20 pm

The good ole' USA. Especially the New Orleans area. Acid Bath, Goatwhore, Soilient Green, Exhorder, Crowbar, Down, EyeHateGod, ect.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the best metal?   What country creates the best metal? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:21 pm

Lots of good U.S bands for sure.Others I tend to like:

Italy
Brazil
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the best metal?   What country creates the best metal? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:27 pm

Funnily enough I was thinking about this too when I took the train to my parent's this afternoon. I'd say the US and the UK share the first place. After that it's a bit harder, probably Germany, Japan, Greece and Italy.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the best metal?   What country creates the best metal? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:35 pm

for me...Germany:

Rage
Grave Digger
Running Wild
Stormwitch
Darkseed
Gamma Ray
Dark At Dawn
Tankard
Freedom Call
Blind Guardian
Dark
Accept
Sodom

et al..

and then the USA:

Queensrÿche
Savatage
WatchTower
Zero Hour
Fates Warning
Cynic
Manilla Road
maudlin of the Well
Megadeth
Skyliner (yeah, that's right.....you wanna fight me?)
Crimson Glory
Kamelot
Liege Lord
Death
W.A.S.P.

and with the exception of an Italian band or two (Labyrinth), maybe something from Switzzerland (Celtic Frost), Mexico (The Chasm), you can pretty much pluck out a grouping of both of these and have my favorite metal, so..
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the best metal?   What country creates the best metal? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:37 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
The majority of my favorite bands tend to be American, so by default I'd say America. England's probably 2nd and Germany 3rd I guess.

Ditto.

Though I hear there's an awesome metal scene about to bust loose in Zimbabwe. Look out, USA!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the best metal?   What country creates the best metal? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:37 pm

US
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the best metal?   What country creates the best metal? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:38 pm

Quote :
Though I hear there's an awesome metal scene about to bust loose in Zimbabwe. Look out, USA!

The TRUE black metal movement. Smile
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the best metal?   What country creates the best metal? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:39 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

The TRUE black metal movement. Smile

What country creates the best metal? 201269
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the best metal?   What country creates the best metal? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:50 pm

To me Britian:

Black Sabbath
Deep Purple
Led Zeppelin
Judas Priest
Iron Maiden
Venom
Raven
Uriah Heep

and of course they discovered Jimi Hendrix before his own country did.
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the best metal?   What country creates the best metal? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:55 pm

The UK
1. IRON MAIDEN
2. SAXON
3. MOTORHEAD
4. JUDAS PRIEST
5. BLACK SABBATH
All set the bar...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the best metal?   What country creates the best metal? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 2:00 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Skyliner (yeah, that's right.....you wanna fight me?)

Nothing really, except against that hideous band logo What country creates the best metal? Icon_lol

I'll go with the UK: Sabbath, Maiden, Priest.....what more needs to be said?
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the best metal?   What country creates the best metal? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 2:22 pm

manny wrote:
To me Britian:

Black Sabbath
Deep Purple
Led Zeppelin
Judas Priest
Iron Maiden
Venom
Raven
Uriah Heep

and of course they discovered Jimi Hendrix before his own country did.

Same thing could be said about Blues great Muddy Waters
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the best metal?   What country creates the best metal? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 2:25 pm

Hmm. I am wondering why no one has said Norway or Sweden. Of the countries mentioned I'd say Germany. The Netherlands has some kiler stuff as well though. What country creates the best metal? 11840
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the best metal?   What country creates the best metal? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 2:31 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

The TRUE black metal movement. What country creates the best metal? Icon_smile

Laughing very hard Don'cha mean "Tr00"?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
FlyingV
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
FlyingV

Number of posts : 270

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the best metal?   What country creates the best metal? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 2:48 pm

For me it's the USA or UK.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the best metal?   What country creates the best metal? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 3:01 pm

after the fact...
USA, more specific "California"

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the best metal?   What country creates the best metal? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 3:33 pm

UK doesn't really create a lot of metal anymore.

I say USA. If I made a top 50 bands list, I think at least a quarter of the bands would be American.

Germany, Sweden and Finland next.
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the best metal?   What country creates the best metal? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 3:54 pm

Lari wrote:
UK doesn't really create a lot of metal anymore.

That's what I was going to say. If we're talking all-time, then the UK wins easily, but right now I think they'd be last.

Right now, since most of my favorite bands are American I'll say the U.S., followed by Germany.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the best metal?   What country creates the best metal? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 4:36 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
USA
definitely

stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the best metal?   What country creates the best metal? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 4:42 pm

Germany
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the best metal?   What country creates the best metal? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 5:26 pm

US makes the best metal.
UK makes the best rock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What country creates the best metal?   What country creates the best metal? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What country creates the best metal?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next