Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Death Mask

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Death Mask Empty
PostSubject: Death Mask   Death Mask Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 2:30 pm

Anyone familiar with this 80s speed metal band? I found out about them from a movie I saw years go called Zombie Nightmare, for which they contribute a song to (along with a plethora of other heavy metal bands like Girlschool and Motorhead.) They only released one LP entitled Split the Atom, it's actually pretty decent stuff, comparable to Exciter. My girlfriend was nice enough to find me the original LP. Unfortunately it isn't on CD but I had someone digitally transfer it for me.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Death Mask Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Mask   Death Mask Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 2:38 pm

I have that album on vinyl. It was produced by JOHN MIKL THOR, one of my all time heroes. I always loved this album because it sounded so much like EXCITER.
About the movie, i love it very much. Great soundtrack but bad acting lol. Still a cult underground classic.
HAIL TO YOU FOR TALKING ABOUT THIS BAND.
Back to top Go down

Death Mask Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Mask   Death Mask Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 2:42 pm

If there's one thing I love as much as heavy metal, it's horror movies -- especially the bad ones. Zombie Nightmare is one of my favorites, it's so much fun. The scene near the beginning when the lead punk throws spaghetti at his mom is priceless! It's so 80s and the soundtrack is incredible. I didn't enjoy Thor's next one, Rock N' Roll Nightmare quite as much, though.

Can't forget to mention Adam West in this either...
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Death Mask Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Mask   Death Mask Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 2:46 pm

DECAPITATE, if you like those tape of horror movies (metal with horror and from the 80s) then for shore you know this page:
http://www.heavymetalhorror.com/
Back to top Go down

Death Mask Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Mask   Death Mask Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 2:59 pm

krokus wrote:
DECAPITATE, if you like those tape of horror movies (metal with horror and from the 80s) then for shore you know this page:
http://www.heavymetalhorror.com/

I'm not familiar with that site but I am familiar with many of the movies he has on there. The guy who runs the site is apparently a huge fan of Rocktober Blood, which just so happens to be my personal favorite rock n' roll horror flick. I rented it probably a decade ago and thought it was mediocre at best but when I had the chance to purchase an ex-rental tape for cheap, I watched it again and had a newfound love for it. I've since seen it maybe 10 times. New Year's Evil is another fun one.

Some of the ones like Blood Tracks, Dreamaniac, Hard Rock Zombies, Monster Dog and Terror on Tour are pretty damn bad though. And they dubbed Alice Cooper's voice in Monster Dog which really sucked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Death Mask Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Mask   Death Mask Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Death Mask
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: