Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"New" Anacrusis Album

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

"New" Anacrusis Album Empty
PostSubject: "New" Anacrusis Album   "New" Anacrusis Album Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 9:39 am

Hmmm...I wonder what this will sound like. A straight remastered re-release might have been better. It's not like there's not enough bootlegs out there to justify it.

I think the biggest question is whether or not Kenn can sing like he used to. Guess we'll see...

Quote :
Reunited St. Louis-based progressive/melodic thrash metal act ANACRUSIS has issued the following update:

"We're finally finishing up recording the final tracks for the 'new' ANACRUSIS CD. The title of the album will be 'Hindsight: Suffering Hour & Reason Revisited'. The two-CD set will feature both our debut album, 'Suffering Hour', and our second release, 'Reason', along with the classic ANACRUSIS demo track 'Apocalypse', all fully re-recorded by the original lineup of Kenn Nardi, Kevin Heidbreder, John Emery and Mike Owen. The package will also feature a 24-page, full-color booklet with lyrics and lots of photos both old and new.

"Both
of these classic albums have been out of print for many years, and we
hope old fans and new will find some new life in these re-recorded
songs.

"The excellent cover art is being created by Eliran Kantor (TESTAMENT, SIGH, MEKONG DELTA, GWAR)

"Mixing is nearly complete and mastering will be handled by Maor Appelbaum who has worked with Yngwie Malmsteen, Rob Halford, Dave Ellefson's F5 and many, many more.

"We
are still working out details of where the album will be available, but
there should be copies on-hand for our appearance at the Keep It True XIII festival in Germany this coming April."

"Hindsight: Suffering Hour & Reason Revisited" track listing:

CD1:

01. Present Tense
02. Imprisoned
03. R.O.T.
04. Butcher's Block
05. Apocalypse
06. A World To Gain
07. Frigid smurfette
08. Fighting Evil
09. The Twisted Cross
10. Annihilation Complete/Disemboweled
11. Injustice

CD2:

01. Stop Me
02. Terrified
03. Not Forgotten
04. Wrong
05. Silent Crime
06. Killing My Mind
07. Misshapen Intent
08. Afraid To Feel
09. Child Inside
10. Vital
11. Quick To Doubt

"New" Anacrusis Album Anacrusis-Hindsight
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: "New" Anacrusis Album   "New" Anacrusis Album Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 10:08 am

I'd rather they just record a new CD of new songs, but then again, I a have all their original CDs.

Metal student
Metal student
Black Coffee

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: "New" Anacrusis Album   "New" Anacrusis Album Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:24 am

ultmetal wrote:
I'd rather they just record a new CD of new songs

Seconded. But this should at least be interesting. I'm wondering if Kenn can still pull off those vocals after all this time.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: "New" Anacrusis Album   "New" Anacrusis Album Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 4:13 pm

I think this is gonna be awesome.

Hopefully they will follow this up with some U.S. festival appearances and a new album of original material.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: "New" Anacrusis Album   "New" Anacrusis Album Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 9:42 pm

From what I was told both masters have been long lost, hence they are re-recording both albums as close to the originals as possible. It is a project they are doing mostly for their own satisfaction. To finally get those albums properly recorded with good sound the way they were intended, but couldn't achieved back in the day for one reason or another.

I don't think Kenn really let himself to be bothered much of the bootleggers or sales, else he would not have put all albums for free download on their website. Although, he was disappointed to see those blatant CDR bootlegs sold by In Rock Records of course. Kudos to the In Rock guy for realizing his mistake and taking down that website. Thanks dude!

Temple of Blood wrote:
Hopefully they will follow this up with some U.S. festival appearances and a new album of original material.

Jim, if you want to see 'em better book your flight to Keep it True as there may not be many US shows coming up, if any...
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: "New" Anacrusis Album   "New" Anacrusis Album Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 3:24 am

Samples from the re-recorded Suffering Hour added: http://anacrusis.us/anac_updates.html

Also a word from Kenn as posted on the Sacred Metal forum:

I have made the new release "official", but we're still working on exactly how and when it will be released. I am still finalizing the mixes and we should have everything mastered in a few weeks, but in the meantime I added a few samples from the "new" SUFFERING HOUR for those who are curious about how these old songs turned out 20+ years later. The REASON material sounds just as good if not better, so we hope everyone will like it.

Many bands have re-recorded their old material in recent years, for better or for worse, but I (and the rest of the band) have put as much of my heart into these new recording as anything Anacrusis ever did. We have really tried to re-create the old albums as best as possible while cleaning things up and *hopefully* presenting them the way we have always wished we could have all those years ago. The rushed and often haphazard production really kept a lot of people from digging into what we feel were some of our best songs. Of course we can never "replace" the originals, but we hope everyone will appreciate the time and care we have put into the new versions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: "New" Anacrusis Album   "New" Anacrusis Album Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 10:03 am

Wow! That sounds pretty damn awesome!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: "New" Anacrusis Album   "New" Anacrusis Album Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 11:08 am

Damn. Still really impressed that Kenn's voice sounds that good.

I mean, I just listened to clips of the new Y&T album, and the singer sounds like he belongs in a band like Brand New Sin—totally different than how he once sounded. But Kenn sounds much the same.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: "New" Anacrusis Album   "New" Anacrusis Album Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 11:31 am

Awesome!!!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: "New" Anacrusis Album   "New" Anacrusis Album Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 11:56 am

http://stormspell.bigcartel.com/product/anacrusis-hindsight-suffering-hour-reason-revisited-2cd

Hell yeah! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "New" Anacrusis Album   "New" Anacrusis Album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"New" Anacrusis Album
Page 1 of 1