Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NoLifeTilMetal.com updated

Go down 
+13
Metallic Blaze
manny
Addy
XYZ
Gilbert
Orion Crystal Ice
scottmitchell74
fingers
GrandNational
mr.electric39
Metal Misfit
mc666
ultmetal
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

NoLifeTilMetal.com updated - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 7:52 pm

ultmetal wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
I actually have a stack of about 200 CDs to add. Someone sent me a bunch of CDs that were not on my site that they wanted to see on the site. I don't even know who it is that's sending me all these CDs.

That's awesome NoLifeTilMetal.com updated - Page 2 778825 Very cool to whoever is sending them your way.

A lot of it is hair stuff. Poison, Steelheart, Dokken, Lita Ford, Bad English, Winger, Mr. Big, Vixen, etc.

So the 200 or so CD's are from this one individual? If it is just mainly hair metal, it could be a bit overkill. Still cool though.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 7:53 pm

You can never go overkill on hair metal.

HEY! WHOEVER YOU ARE! PM ME FOR MY ADDRESS!! NoLifeTilMetal.com updated - Page 2 201269
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 7:54 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
You can never go overkill on hair metal.

HEY! WHOEVER YOU ARE! PM ME FOR MY ADDRESS!! NoLifeTilMetal.com updated - Page 2 201269

NoLifeTilMetal.com updated - Page 2 11840 NoLifeTilMetal.com updated - Page 2 11840 NoLifeTilMetal.com updated - Page 2 11840
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 9:11 pm

GrandNational wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
I actually have a stack of about 200 CDs to add. Someone sent me a bunch of CDs that were not on my site that they wanted to see on the site. I don't even know who it is that's sending me all these CDs.

That's awesome NoLifeTilMetal.com updated - Page 2 778825 Very cool to whoever is sending them your way.

A lot of it is hair stuff. Poison, Steelheart, Dokken, Lita Ford, Bad English, Winger, Mr. Big, Vixen, etc.

So the 200 or so CD's are from this one individual? If it is just mainly hair metal, it could be a bit overkill. Still cool though.

No. I probably received 30-40 CDs from one unknown person. Those are mostly hair metal. Then I have a backup of others I haven't reviewed yet. All kinds of stuff from Atomic Rooster to Dark Tranquility.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 9:20 pm

ultmetal wrote:
... All kinds of stuff from Atomic Rooster to Dark Tranquility.

Very cool. I really like the last few DT albums, would love to read your thoughts on the band.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 9:21 pm

I would send Stormwitch if I had extra $$$$ laying around. NoLifeTilMetal.com updated - Page 2 Icon_razz That will be a huge hit.

You get what I mean about the prog thing though...
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28433

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 10:42 pm

Cool!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 12:02 pm

I enjoy your reviews as well Ult... Heck it was the NoLifeTillMetal site that got me over here !!

I know you're not posting 'NEW' in the main index anylonger, it just makes it a little bit harder to find your new reviews.... And I understand creating more work for yourself...
Who needs that! lol....

Thanks for what you do. I appreciate it.

NoLifeTilMetal.com updated - Page 2 25679
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 12:12 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:
I enjoy your reviews as well Ult... Heck it was the NoLifeTillMetal site that got me over here !!

I know you're not posting 'NEW' in the main index anylonger, it just makes it a little bit harder to find your new reviews.... And I understand creating more work for yourself...
Who needs that! lol....

All the updates are easy to find. If you are on the main page, just click on LATEST UPDATE.
http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/updates.htm

There is a looooong list of every update by date.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 12:13 pm

ultmetal wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:

Who needs that! lol....

All the updates are easy to find. If you are on the main page, just click on LATEST UPDATE.
http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/updates.htm

There is a looooong list of every update by date.

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37640

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 pm

I just ordered that Ravage EP in your update from CD Baby over the weekend -- waiting for it to arrive. Sounds like it should be up my alley. Sucks that it's in a cardboard cover/sleeve though. Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 12:17 pm

ULT do you wait til you have a certain number of new CD's to update your site, or is it whenever you get a free moment to write the reviews etc.

Also do you sometimes have to change or update a review of any album that you once thought was great or one that you thought was horrid but after living with the album for awhile you have changed your opinion?
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 12:18 pm

I never realized that was a link to everything new..... count me clueless....

affraid
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 12:24 pm

manny wrote:
ULT do you wait til you have a certain number of new CD's to update your site, or is it whenever you get a free moment to write the reviews etc.

I try to get one up a month, so it's mostly when I have the time.

manny wrote:
Also do you sometimes have to change or update a review of any album that you once thought was great or one that you thought was horrid but after living with the album for awhile you have changed your opinion?

Yes, I sure do. That's the nice thing about an on-line site. I can update reviews. Iron Maiden's - X Factor is a good example of one that I updated and changed.

You will notice on the updates that I often have a list of "updated" reviews. Many times those are CDs that I've had a change of mind on, or had a chance to listen to more, or have added facts to, or sometimes corrected myself.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 12:30 pm

Thanks for answering the questions and I do enjoy your site, even when I disagree with parts of your review (for example Slayer-God Hates Us All review) I always find it an interesting and well informed opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 12:33 pm

So far the only thing I disagree with is that Hell Destroyer isn't too long. NoLifeTilMetal.com updated - Page 2 778825
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 12:43 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I just ordered that Ravage EP in your update from CD Baby over the weekend -- waiting for it to arrive. Sounds like it should be up my alley. Sucks that it's in a cardboard cover/sleeve though. NoLifeTilMetal.com updated - Page 2 Icon_sad

I was thinking about picking that one up too, but now I'm a little apprehensive. Not because of Ult's review, but their full-length The End of Tomorrow didn't exactly knock my socks off like I hoped it would. I don't dislike it, but I don't love it either. I think I had too high expectations for it.

Looking forward to catching up on the other updates while I enjoy lunch today.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 12:45 pm

manny wrote:
Thanks for answering the questions and I do enjoy your site, even when I disagree with parts of your review (for example Slayer-God Hates Us All review) I always find it an interesting and well informed opinion.

Well, I know I can be biased, so I just try to be upfront about that bias. In the Slayer review, the lyrics really bugged me, so I know that has to have an affect on how I perceive the music as well. However, MC666's suggestion has me wondering if I need to go back an revisit that CD. I may need to read the lyrics more carefully. Sometimes it's really easy to form an opinion based on what things seem on the surface.

Sometimes I wish I just wouldn't read the stinkin' lyrics to some bands. LOL!

TheNazgul wrote:
So far the only thing I disagree with is that Hell Destroyer isn't too long. NoLifeTilMetal.com updated - Page 2 778825

I could not get through that CD in one sitting without it becoming background noise. Maybe my attention span is too short. LOL! It's a good CD, and I think I said as much, but I think it would have been better with less interludes and a couple less songs.

Last edited by ultmetal on Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37640

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 12:45 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
I just ordered that Ravage EP in your update from CD Baby over the weekend -- waiting for it to arrive. Sounds like it should be up my alley. Sucks that it's in a cardboard cover/sleeve though. NoLifeTilMetal.com updated - Page 2 Icon_sad

I was thinking about picking that one up too, but now I'm a little apprehensive. Not because of Ult's review, but their full-length The End of Tomorrow didn't exactly knock my socks off like I hoped it would. I don't dislike it, but I don't love it either. I think I had too high expectations for it.

Looking forward to catching up on the other updates while I enjoy lunch today.

I liked what I heard of the samples from that Ravage disc on the CDBaby site. They do a pretty cool cover of Maiden's "Be Quick Or Be Dead" on it and that pretty much sold me on it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 5:27 pm

I agree with Ult on the "Hell Destroys" review. Way too much filler on that album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 9:58 pm

I want to see a review on the new UDO. Love that one.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 6:23 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
I agree with Ult on the "Hell Destroys" review. Way too much filler on that album.

Indeed, they make up for it on the follow up though.

Love it when the site is updated, one of the best metal sites out there and I try to get people to check it out whenever I have the chance.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 7:24 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

Indeed, they make up for it on the follow up though.

Love it when the site is updated, one of the best metal sites out there and I try to get people to check it out whenever I have the chance.

I'll have to pick the new one up then. I love their older stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NoLifeTilMetal.com updated
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2