Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NoLifeTilMetal.com updated

Go down 
+13
Metallic Blaze
manny
Addy
XYZ
Gilbert
Orion Crystal Ice
scottmitchell74
fingers
GrandNational
mr.electric39
Metal Misfit
mc666
ultmetal
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

NoLifeTilMetal.com updated Empty
PostSubject: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 9:19 pm

http://www.nolifetilmetal.com

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 9:51 pm

great Diablous review, you pretty much nailed it. however i disagree with your review of GHUA. "Payback" is every bit as tongue in cheek as Overkill's "F*ck You". i think your underlining hatred of Slayer's anti-christian sentiment has made you a bit more critical of their lyrics. accusing them of promoting fascism is a straw man argument, & comparing them to the hot topic crowd is just an easy insult.

Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 9:57 pm

Props NoLifeTilMetal.com updated 11840
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 10:03 pm

mc666 wrote:
great Diablous review, you pretty much nailed it. however i disagree with your review of GHUA. "Payback" is every bit as tongue in cheek as Overkill's "F*ck You". i think your underlining hatred of Slayer's anti-christian sentiment has made you a bit more critical of their lyrics. accusing them of promoting fascism is a straw man argument, & comparing them to the hot topic crowd is just an easy insult.

You might be right. I admitted as much in my review. Its was hard for me to tell how much the disliking of the lyrics plays into my opinion. It's hard to separate the two.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 10:56 pm

Ult, I've always wondered how you come to terms with some of these metal bands (such as Slayer) and their lyrics. I just strikes me as odd that there are so many Christians that will listen to Slayer and all kinds of death, black, extreme metal bands that seem to wage war against religion.

Granted, metal is built on the whole "evil" gimmick, and as rock/metal fans, we can be very forgiving when it comes to lyrics (hey, I LOVE hair metal) but many bands push it too far, IMO, and some subject matter I just don't care to hear about no matter what.

Don't take this as some type of attack, it isn't. I really am intrigued by it. Is your faith the reason you do not own (or at least review) any Venom albums?
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 2:05 am

Ult I was looking for your review of 'Dominator' by UDO.... I just picked it up myself and it RAWKS!!!!.... bang my head and snap my neck... this is a great album...

I know I saw it in your top 20....

Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 3:15 am

Ult, loved the first part of the Scorpions Eye II Eye review NoLifeTilMetal.com updated Icon_razz

As far as the Slayer review and their lyrics, here's my take: I've never really seen Slayer using their lyrics as attacking genuine Christianity as much as them attacking a westernized legalistic fundamentalist version where it seems that fundamentalists worship the same angry, vengeful God, which is not the God found in the Gospel. Maybe that's why I've never really cared for bands that have been "anti-Christian" because they're attacking an ideology that I would argue against myself. But, that's just me.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 5:08 am

ultmetal wrote:
http://www.nolifetilmetal.com

I found your review on Van Halen's F.U.C.K very interesting I do think it's their last great album but not their best I think 5150 is their best album even though it would sound way better if the synersizer keyboards didn't dominate mix as much. Now by the looks of it Eddie Van halen has completely lost the plot when it comes to his band ever since he relaesed van halen 3 he doesn't seem to have a decent future with his band
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 7:00 am

Thanks for the reviews! Nolifetilmetal is the North Star of my cd buying universe.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 9:21 am

hmm, Ult has a longer review for our old demo and sort of says the new one is progressive rock. NoLifeTilMetal.com updated Icon_razz Nothing bad said so that was cool but.............it kinda threw me off.... NoLifeTilMetal.com updated 685534 NoLifeTilMetal.com updated Icon_razz I wouldn't really know much about it at all if I didn't make it and I was just browsing through..
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 10:03 am

mr.electric39 wrote:
Ult I was looking for your review of 'Dominator' by UDO.... I just picked it up myself and it RAWKS!!!!.... bang my head and snap my neck... this is a great album...

Happy

My copy hasn't arrived from Germany yet. NoLifeTilMetal.com updated Icon_cry

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 10:16 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
hmm, Ult has a longer review for our old demo and sort of says the new one is progressive rock. NoLifeTilMetal.com updated Icon_razz Nothing bad said so that was cool but.............it kinda threw me off.... NoLifeTilMetal.com updated 685534 NoLifeTilMetal.com updated Icon_razz I wouldn't really know much about it at all if I didn't make it and I was just browsing through..

Do you not see it as progressive rock? I hear a lot of 70's influence in your music, but that could just be me.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 10:37 am

Well.............no..not in the slightest, lol. I think it's cool you hear 70's stuff or influence, cause I love that stuff, but............I didn't think there was any possible way of mistaking, you know..what it is....... so people will be expecting to hear a modern Yes or maybe Purple...and they will be very surprised. NoLifeTilMetal.com updated Lol No, seriously, it's worrying. Did we accidentally make something that can be mistaken for prog rock and nobody will buy it because there is no clear demograph..is my concern. I just hear..what my signature says..but yeah. I was just curious.......but it is always cool to hear how someone else hears it, because I'm so close to the material, I can't tell you what it is besides the basics. I just always thought it was clear cut classic/power. That isn't afraid to mess around with stuff here and there. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9878

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 11:31 am

ultmetal wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:

NoLifeTilMetal.com updated 721884

My copy hasn't arrived from Germany yet. NoLifeTilMetal.com updated Icon_cry

This is one hell of an album. I didn't like it on the first listen but now, it's a regular spinner. Infected is so aggressive. Hail UDO NoLifeTilMetal.com updated 11840
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 11:55 am

I hate your updates. Makes me want albums I didn't know I wanted beforehand.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 1:28 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
I hate your updates. Makes me want albums I didn't know I wanted beforehand.

Indeed! NoLifeTilMetal.com updated Icon_razz

Ult's my favorite music reviewer. He's the first person I go to for reviews. I may check other sites, but he's the only actual reviewer who's opinion I actively seek out. I just love his style of writing. There's too much cynicism and snarkiness when it comes to reviewing and he sidesteps that. He was the inspiration for my own review site as well.

BTW -- I really loved the "safe as sugar-free vanilla ice cream" comment on that Firehouse album. NoLifeTilMetal.com updated Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 3:24 pm

Get more Van Halen. Even though there are more pop tendencies with Hagar, there are some hidden gems on the albums as well.

By the way, MCMLXXXIV rocked! NoLifeTilMetal.com updated 11840
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 3:48 pm

XYZ wrote:
Get more Van Halen. Even though there are more pop tendencies with Hagar, there are some hidden gems on the albums as well.

By the way, MCMLXXXIV rocked! NoLifeTilMetal.com updated 11840

I have three more VH CDs to review. Unfortunately one of them is III.

I also have two more Slayer albums to review.

I actually have a stack of about 200 CDs to add. Someone sent me a bunch of CDs that were not on my site that they wanted to see on the site. I don't even know who it is that's sending me all these CDs.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 4:01 pm

Quote :
Unfortunately one of them is III.

Thats the one you use as a coaster NoLifeTilMetal.com updated 11840
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 4:07 pm

I like your review Ult on Anomaly I still am spinning that album pretty heavily
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 4:40 pm

ultmetal wrote:

I actually have a stack of about 200 CDs to add. Someone sent me a bunch of CDs that were not on my site that they wanted to see on the site. I don't even know who it is that's sending me all these CDs.

What a rough life you lead! NoLifeTilMetal.com updated Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 4:49 pm

Interesting viewpoint on 'God Hate Us All' CD, I actually like the CD alot and feel it is a strong album, I understand your objections to the lyrics of the some of the songs on that album.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 5:10 pm

ultmetal wrote:

That's awesome NoLifeTilMetal.com updated 778825 Very cool to whoever is sending them your way.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 6:08 pm

GrandNational wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

That's awesome NoLifeTilMetal.com updated 778825 Very cool to whoever is sending them your way.

A lot of it is hair stuff. Poison, Steelheart, Dokken, Lita Ford, Bad English, Winger, Mr. Big, Vixen, etc.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 6:42 pm

Nothing wrong with a little hair metal.

NoLifeTilMetal.com updated 25679
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NoLifeTilMetal.com updated   NoLifeTilMetal.com updated Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NoLifeTilMetal.com updated
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next