Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

W.A.S.P.: Rock Or Metal Band?

Go down 
+11
SideShowDisaSter
kmorg
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
krokus
Troublezone
rattpoison
ultmetal
mc666
Thrasher73
Olafsto
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Rock Band
W.A.S.P.: Rock Or Metal Band? - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%W.A.S.P.: Rock Or Metal Band? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 21% [ 5 ]
Metal Band
W.A.S.P.: Rock Or Metal Band? - Page 2 Vote_lcap79%W.A.S.P.: Rock Or Metal Band? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 79% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 24

AuthorMessage
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

W.A.S.P.: Rock Or Metal Band? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P.: Rock Or Metal Band?   W.A.S.P.: Rock Or Metal Band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 9:58 am

w.a.s.p. are a metal band. blackies vocals are so metal
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P.: Rock Or Metal Band?   W.A.S.P.: Rock Or Metal Band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 3:29 pm

I had a feeling a lot of people here would hate K.F.D.. I think it's really good, though. Very different, but solid. And I only have Neon God part 1, but I think it's excellent. Maybe these style shifts are easier for me to digest since I've only recently begun picking up their albums?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P.: Rock Or Metal Band?   W.A.S.P.: Rock Or Metal Band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 3:55 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I had a feeling a lot of people here would hate K.F.D.. I think it's really good, though. Very different, but solid. And I only have Neon God part 1, but I think it's excellent. Maybe these style shifts are easier for me to digest since I've only recently begun picking up their albums?

I like the live versions of a lot of the K.F.D. stuff on the DOUBLE LIVE ASSASSINS album better than the original versions...they don't sound as processed. On the actual K.F.D. album, I can listen to the title track and "Take The Addiction" and maybe one or two other songs before it starts to grate on me...

The NEON GOD thing would've been a lot better if Blackie hadn't dragged it out over two CDs. There are enough good tunes across both discs to make one really solid single disc. There's wayyyyy too much filler in there. (The cynic in me wonders if Blackie did it that way cuz he owed Sanctuary two more albums on his contract with Sanctuary, so he stretched the saga out to two CDs in order to fulfill it...)

NEON GOD might also have sounded better to me if he hadn't already done THE CRIMSON IDOL a decade earlier. I don't know if you've heard CRIMSON IDOL (fantastic album BTW, even tho the production stinks), but NEON GOD just came across as warmed up leftovers from that album to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P.: Rock Or Metal Band?   W.A.S.P.: Rock Or Metal Band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 5:08 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
NEON GOD might also have sounded better to me if he hadn't already done THE CRIMSON IDOL a decade earlier. I don't know if you've heard CRIMSON IDOL (fantastic album BTW, even tho the production stinks), but NEON GOD just came across as warmed up leftovers from that album to me.
I have all the main albums except the self-titled, Unholy Terror, Neon God Part II, and all the live albums. Dying For The World is supposed to be on its way through lala. I have none of the singles and such.

So far, though, I really dig everything. Like I said, a lot I've heard over the years and I never disliked it. They're just one of those bands that I never picked up. Mainly because I shop used, and there's not a lot of W.A.S.P. stuff going for cheap prices in the used bins. Lala.com, though, has allowed me to get a lot of CDs I've wanted, but didn't want to pay a lot of money for.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P.: Rock Or Metal Band?   W.A.S.P.: Rock Or Metal Band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 12:26 am

Eyesore wrote:
KFD is in my top 5 WASP albums. i love it.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P.: Rock Or Metal Band?   W.A.S.P.: Rock Or Metal Band? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2