Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Midnight Oil

Go down 
+9
exact33
stepcousin
7thSaviour
rattpoison
Schbopo
DeathCult
manny
Addy
Metallic Blaze
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Midnight Oil - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Oil   Midnight Oil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 5:23 am

Thats so cool
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Oil   Midnight Oil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 11:34 am

I love Midnight Oil! Peter Garrett is one of the all-time best front men. So imposing... and yet he is really a very intelligent, well-spoken dude. This is a band with tons of integrity. I spent three months in Brisbane, Australia, 10 years ago on an intership program, and kick myself for not seeing them live. They came to town, but I could not get anyone to go see them with me. In retrospect, I should have taken a cab or something... it would have been so worth it.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Oil   Midnight Oil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 5:18 pm

Midnight Oil are a bit of an institution here in Australia. As a teenager in the 80s, they were 'the' band, making as many friends as enemies with their outspoken stance on political issues. Some of you may remember the band hiring a flatbed truck, setting up their gear on it and parking in front of the Exxon building following the Exxon Valdez debacle to play a few songs. AUstralian fans may remmeber the 2000 Olympics in Sydney, where the band were forbidden to use the stage to say sorry to the indigenous (a hot topic here in Oz), finally hitting the stage in black clothing with the word 'sorry' on it. But the music -so many great songs, with such attitude. They played last year's Sound Relief concert, and it was like they'd never been away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Oil   Midnight Oil - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Midnight Oil
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2