Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HARM (Mandal, Norway)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

HARM (Mandal, Norway) Empty
PostSubject: HARM (Mandal, Norway)   HARM (Mandal, Norway) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 5:21 am

Chapter two in my representation of the music scene in my little hometown.
This band is still active, and recording a second full length album these days.
They are a pretty brutal Thrash Metal act and Stefan`s vocals is not liked by everyone.
This band is Stefan Schultze`s main band started after he left Scariot.

HARM (Mandal, Norway) Historytfy

HARM (Mandal, Norway) Topimagea

HARM (Mandal, Norway) Menutop_01HARM (Mandal, Norway) Menutop_02HARM (Mandal, Norway) Menutop_03HARM (Mandal, Norway) Menutop_04HARM (Mandal, Norway) Menutop_05HARM (Mandal, Norway) Menutop_06HARM (Mandal, Norway) Menutop_07

Harm is a Norwegian Thrash-metal band that was formed in 97 by singer/bass player Steffan Schulze. They were only three members back then: Steffan Schulze (bass and vocals), Tor Erik Andersen (guitar and vocals), Lloyd Osestad (drums). They played together for a while and recorded an unofficial demo with their material. Complications made it difficult to succeed, so Harm had to re-form with a new lineup in 2003: Steffan Schulze (bass and vocals), Tor Erik Andersen (guitar), Ronnie Eriksen (guitar), Tov Aanonsen (drums). They recorded their first official single "Harm" in Verdenzromme studios (2003). Good response both to the CD and live performance, resulted in a new recording, titled “Unleashed” in 04. A music video was made for one of the tracks called "Planet God". Harm signed a record deal with Sublife Productions, who released their first official album with the title "Devil". All this resulted in touring and playing single gigs with bands like: ENTOMBED, ROTTING CHRIST,MALEVOLANT CREATION,NEURAXIS,INCANTATION,BLOOD RED THRONE,MYSTIC CIRCLE and many more.

Following the completion of “DOMINATION TOUR ‘06”, a three week long European tour, Tor Erik decided to call it a day, after a long and faithful service to Harm, due to relatively severe health issues. Shortly thereafter Tov figured out for himself that Harm’s thrash metal was no longer the music for him. Tov and the rest of Harm came to the mutual conclusion that he should part with the band. After a certain period of time, Ronnie, without any prior warning, disappeared and went completely off-grid until there were no other sensible solution than to exclude him from further activity with Harm.

Steffan stood alone at ground zero, but with no intention to give up. He was left with no choice but to build up the band from scratch.

Considering Harm’s reputation as a solid-airtight-thrash metal onslaught, finding competent musicians who was up for the challenge, would prove to be a difficult and time-consuming task. Eventually he was approached by two brothers by the names of Andreas and Øivind, who were both eager, skilled, and bloodthirsty metal enthusiasts. The three got along great both socially and musically, and after a period of intensive rehearsing, the thrash war machine that is “Harm” was again up on its feet, performing shows with a new, brutal vitality.

After hosting excellent live reviews, the band set out to write a new chapter in the history of Harm. To write a sequel to their critically acclaimed, full-length album, “Devil”. To write an album that will prove that Harm can hold their own, and then some, in today’s thrash-metal scene.

The guys began to put together their material with a mutual understanding on what direction the progression would go. The hard will be harder, the heavy will be heavier, the fast will be faster, and allover more technical and more extreme.

In the fall of 2009, Harm’s new killer thrash-metal album “DEMONIC ALLIANCE” will be recorded.

THRASH TILL smurfing DEATH

Here`s a link to their Myspace for more sound clips:
http://www.myspace.com/harmmetal
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: HARM (Mandal, Norway)   HARM (Mandal, Norway) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 11:35 am

Wow, I am totally unfamiliar with this band. I'll check them out later.

So, is the name supposed to be Norweigan or English? Maybe both?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: HARM (Mandal, Norway)   HARM (Mandal, Norway) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 5:54 pm

Never heard these guys before but it's damn good! The vocals are PISSED! I like that!
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: HARM (Mandal, Norway)   HARM (Mandal, Norway) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 6:45 pm

The name suits them well in both languages, and i believe that`s the intention yes. Their first album is still avalable and a second one out soon Kurt.
Glad you like them Lurideath HARM (Mandal, Norway) 11840
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: HARM (Mandal, Norway)   HARM (Mandal, Norway) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 8:05 pm

Hell yeah killer thrash!

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HARM (Mandal, Norway)   HARM (Mandal, Norway) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HARM (Mandal, Norway)
Page 1 of 1