Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style

Go down 
+21
EvyMetal
Jesusandmetal23
Sutekh
Neuropete
Hamer12
ultmetal
James B.
the sentinel
kmorg
AlbertMond
QuothTheRaven
rattpoison
Metallic Blaze
Fat Freddy
Dave the Boss
thejokeriv
manny
SAHB Healer
tohostudios
Orion Crystal Ice
Schbopo
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 7:26 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
very well then

in addition to The Mission - Deliverance:

Praying Mantis - Captured City (otherwise known as 'the top of the mountain')

i also <3 u also ur my everything

Wow, now there's two Praying Mantis fans outside of Japan. 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 4 Lol I like Cheated better than Captured City though.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 5:10 pm

73. The Beatles-Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
The Fab Four might not be known for being particularly hard-rocking, but on the opening track to the legendary album, they show that they can be just as hard n' heavy as anybody. Paul McCartney's usually gentle voice turns into an enthusiastic shouting, and the driving rhythms of Lennon and Starr mixed with some incendiary lead guitar from Harrison are guaranteed to make you shut up and rock. What's great about the Beatles is that they offered something for every style of music, and "Sgt. Pepper's" stands as one of their greatest contributions to the world of hard rock.

72. Robert Palmer-Addicted To Love
Robert Palmer, the best dressed man in rock, never rocked harder than on the big hit "Addicted To Love". Some fuzzy, distorted guitar, some loud drums, and some pretty basic keyboard sounds make a song that's good, but nothing special...but what really makes this song so great is the distinctive charisma of Palmer. He's got a voice like no other, and injects such a huge amount of fun and energy into this song, specifically in the unforgettable chorus. Might as well face it...this song rocks.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 5:14 pm

The Beatles, what can you say about an iconic album and song, one of the best rock songs of all time.

Robert Palmer, not a fan but this song is catchier than an STD.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 11:51 pm

71. Billy Squier-The Stroke
VH1 overlap #2, but I have to admit that they made a great choice with this one. This harsh stadium anthem directed at greedy record companies has to be one of the most infectious rock songs ever written. The guitar riffs and especially the drum beats are simple, but effective, letting Billy do his thang. Plus, you've got one of the most instantly recognizable openings in rock, (Everybody, have you heard, if you're in the game, then the stroke's the word!) It's guaranteed to get at least one part of your body moving, and to quote manny, "Catchier than an STD!"

70. The Ramones-Do You Remember Rock N' Roll Radio?
I've never been a big Ramones fan for some reason, but it's hard to deny how awesome this one is. It's an ode to good, old-fashioned, 1950's rock n' roll radio, and the sound reflects it. Instead of their usual 3-chord pounding, the boys turn in something actually really complex and interesting musically. And *gasp*, Joey can actually SING!!! Who woulda thought? It always makes me feel like watching Grease....and luckily I like Grease.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 2:34 am

The Ramones RULE!!! Nice choice.

"Beat on the Brat" is my fave song by them though. But "Do You Remember Rock N Roll Radio" is also very good.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 9:12 am

Billy Squier- Back in the early 80's this guy used to play in huge arenas and had bands like Def Leppard, Sammy Hagar, and Krokus opening for him, now adays he is barely remembered, which is too bad he wrote some of catchiest and cleverist power pop songs of the early 80's. I always thought 'The Stroke' was a song about him chocking his chicken, not about being shafted by the recording industry.

The Ramones-I love the Ramones and have always loved this song, showing that these boys where more than a one trick pony like a lot of critics at the time accussed them of.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 9:21 am

manny wrote:
Billy Squier- Back in the early 80's this guy used to play in huge arenas and had bands like Def Leppard, Sammy Hagar, and Krokus opening for him, now adays he is barely remembered, which is too bad he wrote some of catchiest and cleverist power pop songs of the early 80's. I always thought 'The Stroke' was a song about him chocking his chicken, not about being shafted by the recording industry.

LOL!!!! I thought that same thing about The Stroke!!!! Great song off probably his best album. Everybody Wants You is also as catchy as the HPV virus (the most prevelant STD) too!!!!

Now a days, Billy seems to be know more for his sexual orientation than anything else. Interesting that sexual orientation effected Squire's success way more than it did Halford!!!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 9:30 am

thejokeriv wrote:
manny wrote:

LOL!!!! I thought that same thing about The Stroke!!!! Great song off probably his best album. Everybody Wants You is also as catchy as the HPV virus (the most prevelant STD) too!!!!

Now a days, Billy seems to be know more for his sexual orientation than anything else. Interesting that sexual orientation effected Squire's success way more than it did Halford!!!

Back in the 80's you could snort coke, sleep with underage girls, wear spandex, but if you where ga-hey and stepped one foot out of the closet it was all over for you, for crying out Elton John got married for about 2 minutes in the 80's, I don't know who Elton John was trying to fool...
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 10:31 am

manny wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
manny wrote:

Back in the 80's you could snort coke, sleep with underage girls, wear spandex, but if you where ga-hey and stepped one foot out of the closet it was all over for you, for crying out Elton John got married for about 2 minutes in the 80's, I don't know who Elton John was trying to fool...

Very true - if you were of an alternative life style, forget it, your career was over. Halford wisely stayed "in the closet" until it was a good time for him to "come out".

The onset of AIDS scarred alot of people into becoming homophobic (or brought out their natural homophobic tendencies, depending on your point of view).
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 10:32 am

A different era for sure, thankfully we are at the point that we care more about what they do on stage then what they do in their bedrooms.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 10:54 am

manny wrote:
A different era for sure, thankfully we are at the point that we care more about what they do on stage then what they do in their bedrooms.

Exactly!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 7:44 pm

I honestly had no idea that Billy Squier was g4y until now. Now I feel kinda bad about the STD comment. crazy happy
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 3:24 pm

69. Humble Pie-30 Days In The Hole
Humble Pie were one of the coolest bands ever, but they never really had any US success until they gave Peter Frampton the boot and released the singalong classic "30 Days In The Hole". This is probably the only Pie tune they actually play on the radio, but at least it's a great song. Steve Marriott's soulful screech against a hard-rock backdrop and some blues harmonica put this pretty high up in the 'classic rock' heap, and even though I do feel that the Pie had a few better songs I could've picked, this one's still a classic.

68. Foreigner-Hot Blooded
For some reason, I've never really liked Foreigner, but it's hard to deny the classic status of their timeless party anthem "Hot Blooded". The guitar riff is one of the most memorable of all time, and when coupled with the distinctive wail of Lou Gramm, you've got a song that makes you just want to party like it's 1979 again. So, even though I'm not the biggest Foreigner fan, I will concede that they definitely know how to write a good, catchy arena rock song that sticks in your head. The guitar solo sucks though. Razz

67. King Crimson-21st Century Schizoid Man
King Crimson are prog-rock GODS, and when they wanted to, they could also be the heaviest band around. This song stands as their progressive metal masterpiece, and is one of their most recognized songs. That opening, heavily distorted guitar riff is one of the heaviest and darkest licks ever put on tape. The surreal lyrics are cool, and really give the impression of the screaming dude on the cover. When you put all that with about 5 distinct sections of the song, one of which features a badass Robert Fripp guitar solo, you've got one of the coolest and heaviest prog opuses of all time. Saxophones for the win!!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 3:59 pm

Humble Pie- I agree Schoopy, Humble Pie had better songs but this is a classic, Marriott had such a killer voice.

Foreigner- I am fan of Foreigner, and this song is so simple I am surprised a chimp didn't write it, yet this song works, maybe because it is so simple.

King Crimson- This song was my introduction to King Crimson and this song blew me away, an incredible song, and the song still sounds heavy as hell.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 11:09 pm

KING CRIMSON
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 11:22 pm

66. The Eagles-Life In The Fast Lane
Early on, The Eagles were known as a mellow country-rock band, but with the addition of guitarist extraordinaire Joe Walsh, they turned that sound into hard driven southern rock, specifically on the legendary "Hotel California" LP, which contained this classic tune. The opening Walsh riff is unforgettable, and the spritzy voice of Don Henley is as distinct as ever. Excellent lyrics too, describing a couple with an excessive lifestyle that eventually kills them (presumably). If you don't hear the 'classic' status, you're not listening.

65. Def Leppard-Let's Get Rocked
Def Leppard's "Adrenalize" album gets a lot of flack for being overpolished and too pop-ish. Well, at the very least, it contained this titanic tune, "Let's Get Rocked". It's a totally brain-dead, formulaic, predictable rock song with some of the most insipid lyrics the band ever wrote (and that's saying a lot)....but at least it's a rock song, and a good one at that. The chorus, for as stupid as it is, is pretty catchy, and it's hard not to agree with such a timeless message. If nothing else, it works with it's title nicely. If somebody said "let's get rocked" and then played this song, I'd be satisfied that I have been rocked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 12:02 am

I've liked the Eagles a long time and this song really helped round out there sound. Walsh was like the missing piece for total greatness.

That Def Leppard album was way too polished, makes Hysteria look almost raw, but some of those songs will have you bobbing your head.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 8:39 am

I have always hated the Eagles.

I ama Def Leppard fan but that song sucks!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 6:49 pm

I like The Eagles and Def Leppard. Good calls on both counts.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 11:08 pm

64. Pearl Jam-Jeremy
One of the great grunge bands, the genre never got more creepy and depressing than on Pearl Jam's "Jeremy". Inspired by some kid blowing his brains out in front of his class, this song is very true musically to its subject matter....meaning that it's f'ing weird. That opening riff sets an angry mood, and when you pair that with the angst-ridden growl of Eddie Vedder, you've got one of the grungiest grunge classics ever. Not too much to say about this one, just that it successfully makes you want to headbang and cry simultaneously.

63. Styx-Renegade
When most people think of Styx, they think of Dennis DeYoung's sappy (but still awesome) radio-ready ballads, but with Tommy Shaw at the helm, they could rock harder than most, evident on this monster tale of a man who fights the law and the law winning. Those distressed opening lines (Oh mama, I'm in fear for my life from the long arm of the law; law man has put an end to my runnin and I'm so far from my home) send chills up my spine every time...and then the chorus comes in and you just wanna bust out the air guitars. So anybody with a negative opinion of Styx that rests in "Babe", "Come Sail Away", or "Mr. Roboto" needs to crank this one all the way up.
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 11:20 pm

I was never a huge Pearl Jam fan, but I always liked Jeremy. A very creepy song, with an equally disturbing video. An interesting song in light of the school shootings that hit the news in the 90s.

I've always liked Styx and Renegade is one of their best. The mellow, acoustic intro that kicks into "the jig is up" section with that instantly recognizable yell, is one of my favorite moments in rock!
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 11:24 pm

maaannnn well it\'s one of the biggest hits but at least you picked one! now check out the completely HEAVY, ROCK \'N ROLL GUITAR that just ARRIVES at 1:54. Boowww widdly waaahh widdly woo widdly waah weeeyyyy. Yes!

Last edited by Orion Crystal Ice on Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 11:25 pm

QuothTheRaven wrote:
I've always liked Styx and Renegade is one of their best. The mellow, acoustic intro that kicks into "the jig is up" section with that instantly recognizable yell, is one of my favorite moments in rock!

"And I don't have very long....YEEEEEAAAAAHH!!" headbanger
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 8:45 am

Pearl Jam great band, while I am a little sick of the song thanks to countless times I have heard this on the radio, the impact of this song at the time of release was very powerful.

Styx, I am one of the few members of this board who never cared for this band.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 11:31 am

I only like Pearl Jam casually though I recognize the talent. Renegade is one of the best classic songs ever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style   100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs-Schbopo style
Page 4 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next