Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cradle Of Filth

Go down 
+8
Required Fields
Dave the Boss
Metallic Blaze
Stender
mc666
Orion Crystal Ice
Troublezone
manny
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Cradle Of Filth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 6:10 pm

ChaliceOfFemmeMetal wrote:
Hate to break it but Liv is a fake studio voice Sad Although she sounds very... toned on the COF piece.

I must disagree with you because when I saw Leaves' Eyes live she sounded even better than she does in the studio (her voice is fuller and not-as Toho puts it-thin and reedy).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 6:19 pm

They layer is 30+ times in the studio to make her sound better and live she has no breathing technique and her voice is flat and weak. That's just my account I guess and I've seen the performances at MFVF, Wacken etc. too
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 7:08 pm

Somethings things are quite different live. She sounded about the same to me, but when I saw Rhapsody live, Fabio was at least twice as good sounding as on record, there was none of the compression and the overwhelming midrange heard on the Rhapsody stuff..
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 7:11 pm

Quote :
They layer is 30+ times in the studio to make her sound better and live she has no breathing technique and her voice is flat and weak. That's just my account I guess and I've seen the performances at MFVF, Wacken etc. too

That is your opinion and you're intitled to it but I don't think you're right (about her live not in the studio-almost all vocalists pretty up their voice in the studio). In my experience (and the experience of many others) she sounds great live and her almost 15 year career speaks for itself IMO.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 10:01 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Hate to break it but Liv is a fake studio voice Sad Although she sounds very... toned on the COF piece.

I must disagree with you because when I saw Leaves' Eyes live she sounded even better than she does in the studio (her voice is fuller and not-as Toho puts it-thin and reedy).

Wow. My critique has been quoted. I'm honored. Cradle Of Filth - Page 2 Lol

BTW, I still stand by that assessment.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 12:52 am

I saw Leaves' Eyes live a few years ago - and they were AWESOME! Liv has a great voice! She's one of the best!

Cradle Of Filth - Page 2 25679
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 12:53 am

DallasBlack wrote:

Same here. She sounded even better live IMO!

Cradle Of Filth - Page 2 778825
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 8:05 am

tohostudios wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Wow. My critique has been quoted. I'm honored. Cradle Of Filth - Page 2 Lol

BTW, I still stand by that assessment.

Ahhhhh! Your just picky! Cradle Of Filth - Page 2 Icon_razz But seriously her voice is really not that high live but I can understand your dislike (although I've heard even higher female voices than that-and I didn't like it at all-i.e. the female voices on TSO-Child Of The Night from Night Castle).
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 9:06 pm

I'm a huge Liv Kristine fanboy. I can't help it. I go goo-goo gah gah when I hear her.

When I saw her live she even grabbed my hand from the stage. I never wanted to wash it again.

Cradle Of Filth - Page 2 Drooling%20smiley

Cradle Of Filth - Page 2 Liv-kristine_11652
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 9:08 pm

Here's how I go when I hear her:

Cradle Of Filth - Page 2 82702

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 9:09 pm

You are aware her husband is the terrible harsh vocals guy who used to front Atrocity? I would definitely wash my hands knowing that tbh.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 9:10 pm

tohostudios wrote:

Cradle Of Filth - Page 2 82871 Cradle Of Filth - Page 2 382568
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 9:11 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
You are aware her husband is the terrible harsh vocals guy who used to front Atrocity? I would definitely wash my hands knowing that tbh.

Dude, I talked with Alexander Krull for a very long time. He's awesome! One of the nicest people I've met in metal.

I am joking about Liv. Even my wife laughs about me little 'crush' on her. It's just a joke.

She is hot though, I won't lie.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 9:13 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Cradle Of Filth - Page 2 82871 Cradle Of Filth - Page 2 382568

To be fair, Liv is far from the only reason for my disdain of Leaves' Eyes.

For me, there's also too much growling and the songs are just unmemorable.

I just like to rag on Liv's vocals because it pisses some people off. Cradle Of Filth - Page 2 Icon_razz

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 9:13 pm

Cradle Of Filth - Page 2 Icon_razz Fair enough but his harsh stuff still really needs to go..sounded better in his old band.....
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 9:14 pm

I'll give that she was listenable in ToT. I just find Leaves' Eyes to be completely disposable music in every aspect... Cradle Of Filth - Page 2 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 9:15 pm

I love the harsh vocals of Leaves' Eyes. It gives them their unique sound. Without them, they wouldn't be nearly as good to me.

To each their own though ...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 9:16 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I'll give that she was listenable in ToT. I just find Leaves' Eyes to be completely disposable music in every aspect... Cradle Of Filth - Page 2 Icon_razz

I agree, ToT was much more listenable to me although since I've tired of this whole style, I recently sold those discs as well.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 9:17 pm

Yeah, you sold em to ME! Hahaha! I like em quite well too.

However, I like Leaves' Eyes much better than Theatre of Tragedy. It's no comparison really.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 9:18 pm

As you said, to each their own.

That whole "beauty and beast" style is so played out with me. Just not at all in my aural wheelhouse anymore.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 9:19 pm

The blend is always cool, I just don't think he's any good at..the thingy he does with the band...same with the guy from Lacuna Coil....
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 10:11 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I just like to rag on Liv's vocals because it pisses some people off. Cradle Of Filth - Page 2 Icon_razz

Saucebox! Cradle Of Filth - Page 2 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 2:20 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

I agree, ToT was much more listenable.

I completly agree with the above statements.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cradle Of Filth
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2