Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cradle Of Filth

Go down 
+8
Required Fields
Dave the Boss
Metallic Blaze
Stender
mc666
Orion Crystal Ice
Troublezone
manny
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Cradle Of Filth Empty
PostSubject: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 11:45 am

Quote :
Cradle of Filth is an extreme metal band, formed in Suffolk, United Kingdom in 1991. The band consists of Dani Filth (vocals), Paul Allender (guitars), Charles Hedger (guitars), Dave Pybus (bass), Sarah Jezebel Deva (backing vocals), Rosie Smith (keyboards), and Martin Skaroupka (drums).

In 1994, Cradle of Filth was signed to Cacophonous Records, on which they released their first album “The Principle of Evil Made Flesh”. Cacophonous also pressed the “Vempire or Dark Faerytales In Phallustein” EP in 1996. After this the band were signed to Music For Nations, for whom they produced three of their most prominent full length CD’s to date: “Dusk and Her Embrace”, “Cruelty and the Beast”, and “Midian”. The “From the Cradle to Enslave” EP and a compilation dubbed “Bitter Suites to Succubi” also featured many original songs, as well as some covers and re-recordings of old songs. Then in 2003, they signed to Sony and released only one album on this record label, “Damnation and a Day”. At the beginning of 2004 however, they left Sony and signed to Roadrunner records, through which they released the albums “Nymphetamine” (2004) and their latest “Thornography” (2006). They also have their own label Abracadaver on which “Bitter Suites to Succubi” was released. They hope to sign bands to this label in the near future. On Sept 27th 2008 Roadrunner Records and Cradle of Filth made available an MP3 download for “Tragic Kingdom” the first sample of the upcoming album “Godspeed on the Devil’s Thunder” due to be released in October.

Cradle of Filth is also known for doing covers such as: Hallowed Be Thy Name, Sodomy and Lust, Black Metal, For Those Who Died,No Time to Cry, Bestial Lust (smurfette), Sleepless, Devil Woman, Mr. Crowley, Temptation,Death Comes Ripping and Halloween 2.

Official site: www.cradleoffilth.com

Any other fans? Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Cradle Of Filth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 12:57 pm

I do like Cradle of Filth, the Bon Jovi's of the black metal world have manged to create a few albums that I have enjoyed over the years.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Cradle Of Filth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 1:20 pm

Speaking of females in metal i thought the singer of this band was a girl at first. Seriously... he sounds like a screaching witch.
Back to top Go down

Cradle Of Filth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 1:23 pm

O.o Dani is like one of my metal gods. He's so nice and likeable. I met him in a juice bar of all the places! He was with Luna (his daughter).
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Cradle Of Filth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 1:38 pm

My girlfriend likes his costumes. Cradle Of Filth Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Cradle Of Filth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 1:45 pm

gsyrbry45.. no. But, it is cool they have Doug Bradley guest every now and then, that's epic.
Back to top Go down

Cradle Of Filth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 1:49 pm

Did I mention he's pretty hot too? *laughs*

My favourite albums are Midian and Cruelty And The Beast. The newest aren't the best as they seem to be a little "going over the same old ground" like Thronography and Nymphetamine.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Cradle Of Filth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 2:43 pm

bands like Cradle & Dimmu are a little too ... uh, not for me. pass the Darkthrone.

Cradle Of Filth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 3:54 pm

My favourite of theirs Cradle Of Filth Icon_twisted

Her Ghost In The Fog
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Cradle Of Filth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 4:01 pm

Not really my thing, On the very rare occasion that I want to listen to black metal I'll throw on some of the real old birds like Emperor, Mayhem, Burzum, etc.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Cradle Of Filth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 6:06 pm

Count me in as a fan!!! Seems like you and I have very similar taste in metal Chalice!!

Cradle Of Filth 11840
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

Cradle Of Filth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 7:19 pm

ChaliceOfFemmeMetal wrote:
O.o Dani is like one of my metal gods. He's so nice and likeable. I met him in a juice bar of all the places! He was with Luna (his daughter).

Nice and likeable? That's the first time I've ever read anyone saying that about that guy. Cradle Of Filth Lol

CoF never were my cup of tea though. I'm afraid I can't stand them, hehe.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Cradle Of Filth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 7:46 pm

Not a fan at all, but to each his/her own.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Cradle Of Filth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 8:09 pm

Required Fields wrote:

More for Chalice and I to enjoy!

Cradle Of Filth 11840 Cradle Of Filth 25679
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Cradle Of Filth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 9:17 pm

The thing about this band is, they have a lot of things which put together, I should love, but they just screw it up for me. I like horror atmosphere, I like gothic romance atmosphere if it isn't Hot Topic-y (they didn't used to be), I like black metal - raw and symphonic, and obviously I like the classic metal influence they have as well. I dig the dark or occult feeling a lot of the art conjures up. But I think this band sucks. They just achieve none of the above well and definitely not put together.
Back to top Go down

Cradle Of Filth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 3:57 am

Dave the Boss wrote:

Nice and likeable? That's the first time I've ever read anyone saying that about that guy. Cradle Of Filth Lol

CoF never were my cup of tea though. I'm afraid I can't stand them, hehe.

Well he is Razz I can understand why some wouldn't like him though. His piss takes of emo music and Eminem are so funny!

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Required Fields wrote:

More for Chalice and I to enjoy!

Cradle Of Filth 11840 Cradle Of Filth 25679

Huzzah! *high fives*
What are your fave albums?
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Cradle Of Filth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 5:37 pm

Well, I actually don't own all of their albums (though I do plan on getting them all eventually). But overall I'm a bit of a fan of their newer stuff.

I love "Nymphetemine" and "Thornography". I know there are modern elements in each of them, but I like how they incorporate goth into them.

I also like their latest album, but not nearly as much as those two.

How about you?
Back to top Go down

Cradle Of Filth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 3:52 pm

GTDT is actually a nice piece I love the theme following Giles De Rais (sp?) and Dani's writings are so unique and wow! Plus I love the drums and thick riffs and Dani uses a big variety of techniques much better than Thornography and Nymphetamine admitedly Smile
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Cradle Of Filth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 4:15 pm

Cradle of Filth are enjoyable in very, very small doses. I'll occasionally hear a song by them that I'll love and latch on to, but rarely enjoy a full album. Dani Filth's a bit of a legend though. Very down to earth in real life and usually a funny guy. However, his vocals are getting worse and worse. He can't do that high screeching any more, he should revert to that King Diamond styled low he does on tracks like 'Foetus of a New Day Kicking'. It sounds much better than his "black metal" voice, which is completely gone.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

Cradle Of Filth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 5:12 pm

Can't really get into CoF. Dani's vocals have always been grating to me and the worst part of this band.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Cradle Of Filth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 5:19 pm

What I've heard I like but I find some of the lyrics objectionable and everytime I thought about picking up an album I usually get something else that I like better. On satallite radio I heard an awesome song from them with Liv Kristine on guest vocals but I have no idea what album it's from (I might think of picking up that release-but I'm not sure).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Cradle Of Filth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 7:51 pm

If you have a strong stomach for low budget gore and even lower budget movies, check out Dani's cinematic debut in the film "Cradle Of Fear". It's an anthology of gory horror stories with Dani starring as a "Crow-like" character stringing the stories together.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Cradle Of Filth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 11:57 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
On satallite radio I heard an awesome song from them with Liv Kristine on guest vocals but I have no idea what album it's from (I might think of picking up that release-but I'm not sure).

That album is called "Nymphetamine". It's actually my favorite album from them. I'd definitely recommend picking it up dude!

Cradle Of Filth 11840
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Cradle Of Filth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 11:59 pm

GTDT is actually a nice piece I love the theme following Giles De Rais (sp?) and Dani's writings are so unique and wow! Plus I love the drums and thick riffs and Dani uses a big variety of techniques much better than Thornography and Nymphetamine admitedly Smile

Yeah, I like "Godspeed on the Devil's Thunder" too. But for some reason it didn't immediately grab me like "Nymphetamine" did. That would be my favorite from them. I also love Liv Kristine's guest vocals on that one. I'm a major Liv fanboy I guess is why.

Cradle Of Filth 26156

I'm thinking that "Godspeed on the Devil's Thunder" might grow on me over time though.
Back to top Go down

Cradle Of Filth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 4:03 pm

Hate to break it but Liv is a fake studio voice Sad Although she sounds very... toned on the COF piece.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cradle Of Filth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cradle Of Filth
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next