Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Behemoth

Go down 
+8
ramreb
DallasBlack
nevermore
Orion Crystal Ice
GrandNational
Dave the Boss
Metallic Blaze
mc666
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Behemoth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behemoth   Behemoth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 10:51 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
ChaliceOfFemmeMetal wrote:
Very Happy @ Shawn Of Fire you mean The Apostasy?

Yes...that's the one. Very good album...

I agree. I listen to it pretty frequently.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Behemoth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behemoth   Behemoth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 6:23 am

Lyrics aren't that big of a turn off usuallly. In the case of Mercyful Fate and some Slayer it's more of a gimmick than hatred toward my faith. Some bands have anti-Christian songs but usually only one or two songs (in the case of the new Municipal Waste album). But then there are the many death metal and black metal bands whose all out hatred of my faith (with more than 50% of the songs in that vein) that put me off. That's what I like from black metal bands like Borknagar and Arcturus (whose lyrics are mostly about mythology and the comos) and death metal bands like Nile (whose lyrics are about mythology and acient religions). I try not to let other people's views bother me but sometimes I just can't (when the lyrics are understandable or the album cover depicts certain images). An example is the newest Novembers Doom album. The music is awesome and I try to understand where the vocalist is coming from but it's just so full of hatred toward Christianity that I just don't find myself listening it that often.

That doesn't just go for religious lyrics but overly sexual lyrics as well. As a Christian that struggles with lust I don't like to fill my mind with filth. One or two songs are tolerable (because I usually skip them) but too much puts me off the music.

Ultimatly the music is the most important but (and for non-Chirstians they probably won't understand this) the Holy Spirit convicts me with certain things and sometimes (not always) it's the lyrics or imagery of a band and it's music.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Behemoth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behemoth   Behemoth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 8:32 am

Me I just don't feel like having to be rolling my eyes or hearing someone yap on and on, all the been there done that stuff a person deals with as a person of faith..nothin' to do with not being open minded or such-like as someone suggested. Now something like Deathspell Omega for example, while I still don't really like, I do respect a bunch more than the majority of the bands that take a similar stance..totally different approach...though, with respect to DO, I don't know that there are many bands that go exactly where they go, so...
Back to top Go down
ramreb
Metal novice
Metal novice
ramreb

Number of posts : 40

Behemoth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behemoth   Behemoth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 4:58 am

If you don't have lyrics then what do you have..........Instrumental.
Back to top Go down

Behemoth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behemoth   Behemoth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 10:41 am

^^ That is exactly right. So lyrics of any form are pretty important to a band.
Back to top Go down
Velvet Creation
Metal student
Metal student
Velvet Creation

Number of posts : 126

Behemoth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behemoth   Behemoth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 8:40 am

I've always found early Behemoth to be very lame with the exception of And The Forest Dream Eternally, which was decent BM. I think Satanica and Thelema.6 are amazing albums though. You have to be a top notch musician to be able to play the songs found in those albums.

I never bothered checking what came out after them.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Behemoth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behemoth   Behemoth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 11:48 am

Musically speaking, they're very good. I can't get past their lyrics though...Evangelion is an excellent metal platter.
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

Behemoth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behemoth   Behemoth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 1:26 am

I am most certainly a fan; I have heard 3 and a half of their albums (the half is parts of Evangelion), and I own two (Zos Kia Cultus and Demigod).
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Behemoth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behemoth   Behemoth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 2:52 am

DallasBlack wrote:
As a Christian that struggles with lust I don't like to fill my mind with filth.

DB, you're always putting the hottest girls as your avatar. Just sayin' Behemoth - Page 2 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

Behemoth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behemoth   Behemoth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 6:38 am

GrandNational wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
As a Christian that struggles with lust I don't like to fill my mind with filth.

DB, you're always putting the hottest girls as your avatar. Just sayin' Behemoth - Page 2 Icon_lol

Behemoth - Page 2 201269
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Behemoth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behemoth   Behemoth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 8:57 am

GrandNational wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Behemoth - Page 2 Lol
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

Behemoth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behemoth   Behemoth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 8:16 pm

Just picked up Evangelion. Holy crap! I love this album! Must get more Behemoth!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Behemoth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behemoth   Behemoth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 10:09 pm

MetalH wrote:
Just picked up Evangelion. Holy crap! I love this album! Must get more Behemoth!!!

I need to get more of their stuff too. The one album I do have from them gets played pretty regularly.
Back to top Go down

Behemoth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behemoth   Behemoth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 10:08 am

MetalH wrote:

Good lad. Wink *high fives*
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

Behemoth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behemoth   Behemoth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 5:54 pm

Definitely enjoy the blackened elements... The imagery throughout the whole album is pretty interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Behemoth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behemoth   Behemoth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 6:34 pm

Besides the 'satanic elements', I actually really like Behemoth's image. I like how they use make-up, but in a very stagey kinda way. Their wardrobe is damned cool too. They've got the perfect clothing designer.

Behemoth - Page 2 Behemoth2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Behemoth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behemoth   Behemoth - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Behemoth
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2