Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MB's album of the day 12/7. Sepultura ~ Against

Go down 
+3
Fat Freddy
mc666
Metallic Blaze
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

MB's album of the day 12/7. Sepultura ~ Against Empty
PostSubject: MB's album of the day 12/7. Sepultura ~ Against   MB's album of the day 12/7. Sepultura ~ Against Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 5:12 pm

MB's album of the day 12/7. Sepultura ~ Against 277

This is the first album to feature new vocalist Derrick Greene. I know that many Sepultura fans didn't like this one, but I always liked it. It's not my favorite from the band - but it's a good groove metal album nonetheless.

How do you guys feel about this one? I realize I may be in the minority here for liking this one.

I will also say that though I prefer earlier Sepultura, I would much rather have Sepultura with Derrick rather than Soulfly. Max took that band in a really bad direction IMO. Anyway ... let the swords fly boys!

MB's album of the day 12/7. Sepultura ~ Against 395375
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/7. Sepultura ~ Against   MB's album of the day 12/7. Sepultura ~ Against Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 10:19 pm

i like all the Derrick Greene era albums. i just wish they called it something besides Sepultura. not because Max was no longer involved, but because of the shift to hardcore more than metal in their sound. .

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/7. Sepultura ~ Against   MB's album of the day 12/7. Sepultura ~ Against Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 10:23 pm

I was big into Sepultura during the BENEATH THE REMAINS/ARISE/CHAOS A.D. era. Wasnt' too crazy about ROOTS so my interest started to flag around that time. I picked up AGAINST mainly cuz I was curious about the new singer. I thought he was pretty one dimensional (Derrick only has one vocal mode: a constant "WOOOOOAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGH") so I traded it off.

I didn't listen to anything else from Sep until late last year when I got a promo of the new album A-LEX to review. That didn't do much for me either. I think I'm done with these guys.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/7. Sepultura ~ Against   MB's album of the day 12/7. Sepultura ~ Against Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 1:05 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
MB's album of the day 12/7. Sepultura ~ Against 277

This is the first album to feature new vocalist Derrick Greene. I know that many Sepultura fans didn't like this one, but I always liked it. It's not my favorite from the band - but it's a good groove metal album nonetheless.

How do you guys feel about this one? I realize I may be in the minority here for liking this one.

I will also say that though I prefer earlier Sepultura, I would much rather have Sepultura with Derrick rather than Soulfly. Max took that band in a really bad direction IMO. Anyway ... let the swords fly boys!

MB's album of the day 12/7. Sepultura ~ Against 395375

Try the last 3 Soulfly albums.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/7. Sepultura ~ Against   MB's album of the day 12/7. Sepultura ~ Against Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 1:56 am

It's better than the first few Soulflys but overall it's mediocre.

Last edited by Troublezone on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/7. Sepultura ~ Against   MB's album of the day 12/7. Sepultura ~ Against Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 11:34 am

Not a very good album. I gave up on these guys once I heard Roots. Never bothered to listen to anything since because its not the same and they don't even deserve that chance!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/7. Sepultura ~ Against   MB's album of the day 12/7. Sepultura ~ Against Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 11:39 am

Quote :
I gave up on these guys once I heard Roots. Never bothered to listen to anything since

Me...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/7. Sepultura ~ Against   MB's album of the day 12/7. Sepultura ~ Against Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 12:23 pm

It was ok but for Sep that was a big step down.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/7. Sepultura ~ Against   MB's album of the day 12/7. Sepultura ~ Against Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 10:39 pm

mc666 wrote:
i like all the Derrick Greene era albums. i just wish they called it something besides Sepultura. not because Max was no longer involved, but because of the shift to hardcore more than metal in their sound. .

Yeah, I could understand a name change being in order. I still like the Derrick Greene era, like you. But I agree - there is a much more hardcore feel to them.

Still though, when I'm in the right mood, Sepultura with Derrick really sounds great to me. I think of the "Derrick" era that this one, "Against" is my fave.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/7. Sepultura ~ Against   MB's album of the day 12/7. Sepultura ~ Against Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 12:26 am

Have it, but don't care much for it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/7. Sepultura ~ Against   MB's album of the day 12/7. Sepultura ~ Against Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MB's album of the day 12/7. Sepultura ~ Against
Page 1 of 1