Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

bands you don't like, but others do

Go down 
+34
Getizzyback
Chairman_Smith
Fat Freddy
jerseyultifan+
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Lurideath
rattpoison
metalheaded
Required Fields
SlaytanicPOWER
jstate
Addy
jksilvi
sheets
MetalGuy71
kmorg
Olafsto
T-Roy
JBall_Z
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
manny
ultmetal
ghost
SideShowDisaSter
SAHB Healer
Troublezone
Orion Crystal Ice
mc666
Temple of Blood
akeldama
Schbopo
Metallic Blaze
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
ryanmetalman
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ryanmetalman

Number of posts : 274

bands you don't like, but others do - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bands you don't like, but others do   bands you don't like, but others do - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 11:54 am

AchrisK wrote:
...but do most people like King James?

lol Well, in my tiny little circle... I have met several people that did. I think it was just because Tim Gaines and Robert Sweet were involved with that first album.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: bands you don't like, but others do   bands you don't like, but others do - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 11:31 am

ryanmetalman wrote:
I forgot Underoath. Cries of the Past is the only album of theirs I can sit through. Seems like every kid I bump into loves Underoath, but all they now is the new stuff with Solid State Records.

Well, at least the kids love 'em.

I liked The Changing Of Times mainly because it also had strong death metal leanings and a different vocalist. After that album they changed vocalists and turned from an innovating emo/black/death band into a generic annoying emo metalcore band.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: bands you don't like, but others do   bands you don't like, but others do - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 5:23 pm

Underoath sucks. I saw them live once. I'll never pick up any of their albums after that atrocity.

I was there to see other bands, not them. They were just there.

bands you don't like, but others do - Page 4 78889
Back to top Go down
ryanmetalman
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ryanmetalman

Number of posts : 274

PostSubject: Re: bands you don't like, but others do   bands you don't like, but others do - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 6:49 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
ryanmetalman wrote:
I forgot Underoath. Cries of the Past is the only album of theirs I can sit through. Seems like every kid I bump into loves Underoath, but all they now is the new stuff with Solid State Records.

Well, at least the kids love 'em.

I liked The Changing Of Times mainly because it also had strong death metal leanings and a different vocalist. After that album they changed vocalists and turned from an innovating emo/black/death band into a generic annoying emo metalcore band.

Dallas Taylor did vox on "Cries of the Past" as well. I got a copy of "The Changing of Times" free because I knew the music store manager and he knew I dug "Cries.." I have to admit, when it first came out, I dug "Changing of Times." For whatever reason, I got board with that one... but yeah, ever since they went scr-emo, I lost interest. I guess they were trying to follow the trends??? Since it seems like most Church youth rocker kids are all about scr-emo. Does that last sentence make any sense?

Of course after "Changing..," Dallas left and eventually started 'Mayleen and the Sons of Disaster.' While I do like 'Mayleen...' I have to be in the mood for 'em.
Back to top Go down
JDC
Metal novice
Metal novice
JDC

Number of posts : 74

PostSubject: Re: bands you don't like, but others do   bands you don't like, but others do - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 7:13 pm

Most bands out there...

as for metal, the big ones that spring to mind

Guns N Roses
Megadeth
Overkill
Testament
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bands you don't like, but others do   bands you don't like, but others do - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

bands you don't like, but others do
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4