Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

bands you don't like, but others do

Go down 
+34
Getizzyback
Chairman_Smith
Fat Freddy
jerseyultifan+
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Lurideath
rattpoison
metalheaded
Required Fields
SlaytanicPOWER
jstate
Addy
jksilvi
sheets
MetalGuy71
kmorg
Olafsto
T-Roy
JBall_Z
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
manny
ultmetal
ghost
SideShowDisaSter
SAHB Healer
Troublezone
Orion Crystal Ice
mc666
Temple of Blood
akeldama
Schbopo
Metallic Blaze
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

bands you don't like, but others do - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bands you don't like, but others do   bands you don't like, but others do - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 11:44 am

For those that list Skynyrd, have you listened to the non radio cuts? They have some overplayed stuff but they have some other stuff that's great.

Quote :
Pantera
Nirvana
Pearl Jam
Soundgarden

Ditto.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: bands you don't like, but others do   bands you don't like, but others do - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 11:54 am

TheNazgul wrote:
For those that list Skynyrd, have you listened to the non radio cuts? They have some overplayed stuff but they have some other stuff that's great.

Quote :
Pantera
Nirvana
Pearl Jam
Soundgarden

Ditto.
THRICEOO

Oh...and don't forget RUSH for good measure. sick

Last edited by T-Roy on Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: bands you don't like, but others do   bands you don't like, but others do - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 12:07 pm

I gotta add:

Guns 'n' Roses
Pantera (any band with either Dimebag or Big Vin).
BLS
Ted Nugent (overkill)
Slipknot
Any Nu-Metal
Any "New Thrash Metal"
Queen (for the most part, although I like a few cuts).
Shinedown
Nirvana
Soundgarden

And yes I've heard every Skynyrd front to back many times over,but not to get into a race issue but I've always felt they were a little too "Confederate" for my taste. Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: bands you don't like, but others do   bands you don't like, but others do - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 1:07 pm

Don't know how I forgot Nirvana, Soundgarden, BLS. And RUSH. Seriously, I don't get it. I've tried hard. I've owned '2112', 'Hemispheres', 'Test for Echo', and a couple more, and 'Rush in Rio'. I love the rack of dryers and Jerry Stiller ranting on the big screen, but I really have zero connection with the music of this band....really, zero. They just aren't.....moody enough? I don't know.
Back to top Go down
jksilvi
Metal novice
Metal novice
jksilvi

Number of posts : 38

PostSubject: Re: bands you don't like, but others do   bands you don't like, but others do - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 1:12 pm

The police.
Stones.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: bands you don't like, but others do   bands you don't like, but others do - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 4:50 pm

You guys reminded me of more I need to add to my list:

Rolling Stones
Genesis
Ted Nugent
The Police
Soundgarden
Alice in Chains
Superjoint Ritual
Lamb of God
Killswitch Engage
Damageplan
Demon Hunter
August Burns Red
most metalcore
Slipknot
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: bands you don't like, but others do   bands you don't like, but others do - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 5:56 pm

Journey
Led Zepplin
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Kings X
Kansas
Chicago
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: bands you don't like, but others do   bands you don't like, but others do - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 5:57 pm

Can't say they fall into the "don't like" category exactly but for some reason I've never gotten into Led Zepplin. I've been tempted to pick some up at times but never do. Strangely, I have a couple of Robert Plant cds that I like a lot.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: bands you don't like, but others do   bands you don't like, but others do - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 6:41 pm

jstate wrote:
Can't say they fall into the "don't like" category exactly but for some reason I've never gotten into Led Zepplin. I've been tempted to pick some up at times but never do. Strangely, I have a couple of Robert Plant cds that I like a lot.

I would also add Led Zepplin to the list of bands I don't like - I could never get into them.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: bands you don't like, but others do   bands you don't like, but others do - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 6:54 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
RUSH. Seriously, I don't get it. I've tried hard.

I was going to say them, but I didn't because I do like 2112 and several other early songs as well. But I spent way too much time in the 70's trying to like this band mostly because I didn't know any better at the time. They are OK, but way over-rated.
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: bands you don't like, but others do   bands you don't like, but others do - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 7:01 pm

Job For A Cowboy
Despised Icon
The Haunted
The Chariot
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: bands you don't like, but others do   bands you don't like, but others do - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 10:01 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
jstate wrote:

I would also add Led Zepplin to the list of bands I don't like - I could never get into them.

same here
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: bands you don't like, but others do   bands you don't like, but others do - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 10:05 pm

SlaytanicPOWER wrote:
Job For A Cowboy
Despised Icon
The Haunted
The Chariot

Yeah... them too.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: bands you don't like, but others do   bands you don't like, but others do - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 10:08 pm

ghost wrote:
I prefer thinking about bands that I like bands you don't like, but others do - Page 2 Icon_neutral

As do I.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: bands you don't like, but others do   bands you don't like, but others do - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 10:44 pm

Pretty much any of the 'core' bands, since the same guy does vocals for all of them (heehee)
K o r n
Tool
Primus
Limp Biskit
Slipknot (some cool riffs, but overall...um, no)
Soundgarden
Alice In Chains
Pearl Jam
Nirvana
Led Zeppelin
Marilyn Manson
Pretty much any band whose name is a sentence or short phrase, since it reeks of emo
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: bands you don't like, but others do   bands you don't like, but others do - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 11:11 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Don't know how I forgot Nirvana, Soundgarden, BLS. And RUSH. Seriously, I don't get it. I've tried hard. I've owned '2112', 'Hemispheres', 'Test for Echo', and a couple more, and 'Rush in Rio'. I love the rack of dryers and Jerry Stiller ranting on the big screen, but I really have zero connection with the music of this band....really, zero. They just aren't.....moody enough? I don't know.

2112 and TfE stink. Buy "Moving Pictures".
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: bands you don't like, but others do   bands you don't like, but others do - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 11:16 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

2112 and TfE stink. Buy "Moving Pictures".

Shocked

2112 is a masterpiece!!!!!
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: bands you don't like, but others do   bands you don't like, but others do - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 12:05 am

Rush
Kiss
Motley Crue
Journey
80's Metal/Classic Metal whatever you guys call it

Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: bands you don't like, but others do   bands you don't like, but others do - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm

Got a few more;

Bruce Springsteen
Dire Straits (except for Money For Nothing)
Stryper
Whitesnake
Hirax
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: bands you don't like, but others do   bands you don't like, but others do - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 2:29 pm

Apparently, The Dixie Chicks? I didn't know we has so many fans on this board. My wife likes these gals, but that singer drives me nuts. Can't stand 'em.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: bands you don't like, but others do   bands you don't like, but others do - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 2:40 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Apparently, The Dixie Chicks? I didn't know we has so many fans on this board. My wife likes these gals, but that singer drives me nuts. Can't stand 'em.
Ignoring the fact I detest them, I cannot STAND her voice. Terrible terrible terrible singer!

Last edited by T-Roy on Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: bands you don't like, but others do   bands you don't like, but others do - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 2:48 pm

ultmetal wrote:

I honestly don't know that I've ever heard their music. Sure, I've heard of them, but I lump them in with the rest of that modern county poo that I have zero interest in.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: bands you don't like, but others do   bands you don't like, but others do - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 2:49 pm

Pantera
Down
Superjoint Ritual
Hell Yeah
Anthrax
Trivium
Slipknot
K0rn
Deftones
Aerosmith
Metallica
Silent Civilian
Arch Enemy
Black Label Society
As I Lay Dying
Avenged Sevenfold
Jon Oliva's Pain
King's X
Delain
Soul Embraced

the list can go for miles.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: bands you don't like, but others do   bands you don't like, but others do - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 2:50 pm

ultmetal wrote:
some that come to mind:

Stevie Ray Vaughan

I know it only shows 2 SRV's on your site but you say some pretty good stuff about SRV. bands you don't like, but others do - Page 2 Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: bands you don't like, but others do   bands you don't like, but others do - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 2:59 pm

Lurideath wrote:

Soul Embraced

SAY WHAAAAAAT!!!??? insane
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bands you don't like, but others do   bands you don't like, but others do - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

bands you don't like, but others do
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next