Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Check out my friends band.

Go down 
+2
Mglaffas81
Troublezone
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Check out my friends band. Empty
PostSubject: Check out my friends band.   Check out my friends band. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 4:43 am

My good friend Derin plays drums in this band. Tell me what you think.

http://www.myspace.com/mutantsofwar6
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: Check out my friends band.   Check out my friends band. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 5:33 am

Great thrash stuff! A little more melody in the vocal lines, and I think they've got it. Metal will live on Check out my friends band. 11840
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Check out my friends band.   Check out my friends band. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 8:01 am

To me they sound like a cross between early Dark Angel, Testament (the legacy) and Death Angel.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Check out my friends band.   Check out my friends band. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 9:43 am

They sound pretty good to me.I can hear a little Death Angel.So,they're getting ready to release an album?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Check out my friends band.   Check out my friends band. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 10:24 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
They sound pretty good to me.I can hear a little Death Angel.So,they're getting ready to release an album?

Yeah, they just finished recording yesterday. The songs up on myspace are with their first drummer who is more basic compared to my friends style. The new stuff should be an improvement.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Check out my friends band.   Check out my friends band. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 10:44 am

Really tight. Music is awesome. Vocals....like thrash should be, YELLING! \'arry \'eadbanger

He even puts in a death growl or two....I'd like some more of that if he felt inclined.

Not a fan of the high pitched screams/singing. But then I enjoy harsh vocals more than clean in just about everything.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Check out my friends band.   Check out my friends band. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 5:55 am

T-Roy wrote:
Really tight. Music is awesome. Vocals....like thrash should be, YELLING! \'arry \'eadbanger

He even puts in a death growl or two....I'd like some more of that if he felt inclined.

Not a fan of the high pitched screams/singing. But then I enjoy harsh vocals more than clean in just about everything.

The new stuff should be even better.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: Check out my friends band.   Check out my friends band. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 8:15 pm

I thought these guys sounded really good!!! Check out my friends band. 11840
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Check out my friends band.   Check out my friends band. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 8:44 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:

Yeah, they just finished recording yesterday. The songs up on myspace are with their first drummer who is more basic compared to my friends style. The new stuff should be an improvement.

That was my only criticism is the drums lacked here and there. But this band sounds great. Let's hope they get an album out soon!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Check out my friends band.   Check out my friends band. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 9:55 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:

That was my only criticism is the drums lacked here and there. But this band sounds great. Let's hope they get an album out soon!

Yeah he was concerned that i mention that he was not the drummer on those demos. I might be able to get a couple copies for you and ult to review when the album comes out.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Check out my friends band.   Check out my friends band. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 10:05 pm

Besides my friend who is 28 the oldest guy in the band is 20... they are just kids but they are on their way to being real thrash pros.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Check out my friends band.   Check out my friends band. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 10:12 pm

Troublezone wrote:

Yeah he was concerned that i mention that he was not the drummer on those demos. I might be able to get a couple copies for you and ult to review when the album comes out.

I'm all about that!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Check out my friends band.   Check out my friends band. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 10:15 pm

Ooooh me likee!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Check out my friends band.   Check out my friends band. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 10:10 am

Troublezone wrote:
Besides my friend who is 28 the oldest guy in the band is 20... they are just kids but they are on their way to being real thrash pros.
Wow, that makes them even more impressive in my bood. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Check out my friends band.   Check out my friends band. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 8:53 am

I posted this band's link at another forum I hang out at, and the folks there seem to dig'em too.

http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=23251

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Check out my friends band.   Check out my friends band. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Check out my friends band.
Page 1 of 1